“Simply wonderful!”

Kilworth House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We has such a wonderful time on Sunday evening (27th Dec)
when we attended the 'Theatre in the Orangery' that I just wanted to say few
words of thanks to all at Kilworth.
We have been three times now for this event and we think this was the best one
yet! Superb food, fabulous surroundings and fantastic entertainment!
We has a very peaceful nights sleep in a lovely room and enjoyed breakfast
before heading home mid morning.
All in all it was the icing on our Christmas cake!!!
This was actually our 10th stay at Kilworth since it opened and we also go every year for Sunday lunch just before Christmas.
It is a very special place for us and as much as I would like to keep it for myself I also want others to have the Kilworth Experience.
Nothing is too much trouble for them and the hotel is warm and welcoming. There are beauty rooms and a small gym I think, I have never used this as walking the lovely grounds is all the excercise i can manage.
They also have an outdoor theatre as previously mentioned in other reviews.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NinjaMidlands

Reviewed November 14, 2009

Quite simply the best hotel on every level. Room's, setting, food, staff all faultless! anyone who Say's anything to the contrary is either lying or very very difficult to please!
Trust me, stay here it's a fantastic getaway!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank todski
Reviewed September 1, 2009

From the moment you drive up the driveway you realise that this isn't just any hotel. Over looked by great overhanging trees with a spectacular backdrop of Leicestershire's rural surroundings it completely took our breath away as deer ran up along side our car within touching distance. The house itself is beautiful both inside and out with sweeping staircases, amazing art and great open fireplaces it really is the amazing. We stopped in the Marlowe Suite which is one of the more expensive rooms and it was beautiful and very spacious. The furniture was very posh and the bed was like sleeping in heaven. Also the bathroom was the best bathroom i think I've ever seen. We did see some of the other rooms as well and i have to say every room was just as nice. The staff there we brilliant and they treated us as if we were royalty. They would do anything for you and really made the whole experience extra special. And finally the food, what can I say? It was perfect and the salmon especially was probably some of the best ive had. All in all Kilworth gave us the best weekend of our lives and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ramsdale4
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Myself ,my wife and 2 other couples visited Kilworth on friday last week and stayed 3 nights.The deal was 2 nights Dinner B & B plus a third night room added for free (Meals to be had at the hotel on the 3rd day). Cost £400 plus meals on 3rd day. We stayed in a beautiful garden room which was large and of excellent quality.There are other more expensive rooms but why pay more when you already have luxury. (44 Rooms in Total) We were most impressed by the drive through the grounds to what was a lovely renovated house. To say this was a renovation in keeping with when it was originally built was an understatement. The whole hotels furnishings are superb.
Service was excellent, Food of a high quality. Two restaurants .The Wordsworth- Beautiful Room-(Fine Dining). This is not plain food smallish portions but excellent food. Second The Orangery. A lovely large Conservatory type building. Food a little plainer. We would suggest 2 nights in the Wordsworth and 1 in the Orangery if you stay 3 nights. Drinks are not over the top.
Cleanliness. Wow my wife could not find dust or cobwebs anywhere, even on the many beautiful large glass chandalieres. The cleaning staff were allocated over 30 mins for 2 people to clean our room. It was immaculate.
There are lovely walks around the 30 acres of grounds and also an outdoor theatre which has various presentations throughout the year. We would reccommend this hotel to anyone who likes to relax and a wonderful atmosphere dating back to the 1800's.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank a3whd
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here for the night of our wedding in August 2008.

The hotel itself is absolutely perfect. The room was clean (The Tennyson) and had a brilliant upstairs bath & shower room - the features were fantastic.

Breakfast was yum, we didn't try dinner (we ate with 160 others at our wedding!)

The only minor let downs I'd mention are the following:

The morning I was due to get married, the hotel had been closed due to another wedding going on. I can see the offer of exclusivity as being a great marketing idea but they need to remember that with other guests checking in, they can't also close reception (we were early but reception's reception, surely?!). I arrived just to drop our cases off as one of my tasks before getting married and the receptionist was not happy letting me in to do this, being quite obvious about it. I don't enjoy being a burden when I'm paying a lot of money! It's a case of having cake and eating it. If you're going to offer exclusivity, you need to not let 'outside' people stay the same evening.

The other issue is that the staff seem to be selective over who they offer respectful service to! We were welcomed in like king and queen when we arrived late night (in our wedding gear!) which we thought was great - until the next morning when we were back in our civvies, checking out to set off on our honeymoon. Obviously the lady had no qualms about treating my wife and I like rubbish - apparently 24 year olds don't get the same service at this hotel especially when paying over many hundreds of pounds!

I've experienced this at a few five star hotels every now and then - people assume I'm going to throw my TV out of the window or be sick on their carpet. So it's not acceptable but Kilworth House aren't the only hotel to offer it!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aviatorleics
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I have visited Kilworth on various occasions and have always enjoyed it enormously. We have usually stayed in the "Luxury" bedrooms which are amazing but what with the credit crunch,this time we stayed in a standard "garden"room which we were very impressed with. We had dinner in the Orangery,which,although good,they did rush you through a little,but I suppose that is necessary to get everyone fed,watered and down the the theatre in time.
My husband booked this for my 40th birthday.We attended a "Queen Tribute night" in the open air theatre. The show was fantastic. The staff were friendly and attentive,the auditorium was comfortable and the show amazing.What a wonderful night-even though the weather wasn't at it's best,it really didn't matter.I'm already signing up friends to come with us next year-Well done Kilworth House-Keep up the good work!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

A stunning hotel in stunning grounds. My husband and I had been given tickets to see Lucie Silvas in the open air theatre so we thought it would be easier to stop at the hotel despite the price. In the confirmation details, photos of the hotel look beautiful but sometimes you don't quite get what you see but no such problem with Kilworth House. As soon as you pull into the driveway, you relax and say aaah! You can feel the ambience of the place from just sitting in the car park.

A feeling of luxury and opulence hits you as soon as you walk through the doors and the staff on reception were very friendly and approachable. No disappointment in the bedroom either good quality bathroom fittings and a huge comfy bed.

As we were going to the concert, the hotel offers a pre-theatre dinner for £25 per head and this is where I became a little disappointed. The meal was served in the Orangery which is a beautiful place to eat and the food was ok but it didn't quite compete with the quality of the surroundings. The breakfast I would class as just ok as well. The staff in the orangery were very efficient but a little too much. Both dinner and breakfast was served at a rate of knots. We were served three courses pretty much within three quarters of an hour. As soon as your plate was empty the next course arrived.

The main reason for the stay was to go to the concert in the open air theatre which was a fantastic venue. With only five hundred seats (with plenty of leg room and fleece blankets if you need them) you cannot help but enjoy a more personal experience with the entertainment. Both the stage and the seating area are undercover with huge sail like canopies and the bar is situated at the back. At no point did we feel we were fighting the masses unlike some theatres I've been to. Prices for the entertainment are very reasonable and I would certainly consider revisiting to do another show. There are picnic areas close by so a very civilised evening can be enjoyed without breaking the bank.

All in all, I can't really fault my experience at Kilworth House, I would perhaps just do things a little differently the next time I wanted to visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
#3 of 39 in Coventry
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Leicester Marriott Hotel

Been to Kilworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!