“WONDERFUL”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Kilworth
Northampton, United Kingdom
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very shocked to read previous review regarding the poor quality of the food. We had dinner in the Wordsworth Restaurant. It was wonderful throughout and the staff were very friendly and helpful. One even brought us a photo album showing the restoration of the building and its history.The whole building is crammed with decor to admire,the ceilings,the paintings and the furniture. I cannot recommend this highly enough. As you enter the long drive into the grounds you know you are going somewhere special. It was so frustrating that we live so near but did not know it was there. We will definately be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Beautiful grounds, grand but comfortable reception rooms, stunning Orangery for dining. We stayed in one of the premium rooms in the original part of the house and couldn't fault it. Try the theatre in the grounds for truly world class entertainment at a fraction of West End prices. Kilworth we love you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah K
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have loved Kilworth House ever since I was little, even to the extent I wanted my wedding there. I loved the building the scenery I couldn’t fault it. Until now.

Last night we went to one of the Christmas events for my grandma and granddads birthday. My expectations were high and I had told my boyfriend (who had never been before) about how lovely it was and how the food was out of this world. Sadly, they disappointed me and my family massively. The waitreess/waiter's looked miserable. No smiles, No 'enjoy your meal', just silence. The food was.... well... average. The starter and main were fine. The dessert however (a cheesecake they claimed had been cooked that morning) was terrible. I feel terrible this morning and haven’t moved far from a toilet. My dad and outie couldn’t eat dessert as it had a 'twang' to it. It was off. This has destroyed my image of Kilworth House. Its a shame. The entertainment was something of which I would expect to see on 'CeeBeebies'.It made me want to fill my ears with polyfiller. Again, shame.

I hope your experience is different.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Danni W
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Kilworth House is a magnificent property. We decided to book an afternoon tea in The Orangery, which is delightful. Unfortunately it was raining very heavily that day, and there were a few buckets dotted about to catch the leaks. The afternoon tea was great though, lovely sandwiches, cakes and scones, preserve and clotted cream. We wanted to have a walk around the grounds, but the poor weather put paid to that. I would love a return visit though, and would recommend the afternoon tea there for a treat or special occasion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbiedoodle1
Leicestershire
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just spent 24 hours at Kilworth House - It looks like fairyland with the hoar frost on all the trees.
Lovely warm and welcoming hotel, Evening Meal and Christmas Treats entertainment excellent.
Will definately book again for next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Broughton Astley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to Kilworth House several times, and each is an experience in itself. The settings in the countryside, the surroundings, and the food. Please give it a try, I'm sure you will make a point of a second and subsequent visits!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Northants
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Was upgraded to Keats room which was beautiful. Did arrive early was told to come back in 60mins which gave us time to have a walk around the hotel grounds which was nice. On our return was told to wait another 30mins as room was still not ready again wasn't an issue.
House was decorated for Christmas and was done with great taste.
Had evening meal which was as expected although I thought was not to the quality of the hotel. Breakfast was the only disappointment as was kept waiting with another couple for nearly 10 minutes to be sitted and although the 'help yourself food (i.e. fruit , bread, pastries etc) was good the actual cooked was poor. I had a half burnt sausage and the mushrooms were dried out. We also had to ask for toast which arrived sometime later.
I will say bar the breakfast the staff were very friendly and the hotel had a lovely feel so would recommend it for a special occasion .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Coombe Abbey Hotel
#3 of 39 in Coventry
Rushton Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to Kilworth House Hotel? Share your experiences!