I bought a weekend deal including two nights bed and breakfast with evening meal and a bottle of wine on the first night through groupon and I have to say I had my doubts reading some reviews however, the weekend was one of the most memorable I've ever had for all the right reasons. We booked in with ease however on receiving a room with a view of trees we asked to be moved (not the view we were expecting). We were placed across the hall in the newest part of the building and had a lovely view of the courtyard / gardens. Breakfast was lovely with a variety on offer including cereal, hot and cold selection which was faultless. Dinner was a wonderful addition and ticked all the boxes. The stuffed peppers were amazing, the fish cooked to perfection and the dessert a wonderful finale to the meal. The bottle of wine also went down a treat. Although the food was wonderful I would be a little disappointed had we paid the full price of the evening meal separately (not sure if it's good value for money). The whole building is exceptional and very impressive. The lounge area was lovely to sit in whilst reading the paper and the smaller social rooms had wonderful decor and views to complete the feel. The building has an old charm about it which is unlike any hotel I have ever stayed in. Some may say it's dated but that is the style of the structure, and although there are new pieces of furniture and obvious renovations they are in keeping with the style. The afternoon tea was a nice treat also, and made better taking tea in the courtyard. The only downside for us was the wedding that was taking place made some areas off limits and you could feel awkward when travelling through the main lounge / reception area with all the guests. This should have been pointed out to us when booking however we did not find the music a problem at all. There are many local attractions around including meltons ye olde pie shop and belvoir castle is worth a trip. All in all a wonderful weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scalford Hall cater for weddings and have a range of set packages along with the option to create a tailor made package just for you. We also hold a civil ceremony and civil partnership licence, enabling you to hold both your ceremony and reception here at Scalford Hall Hotel. Here at Scalford Hall Hotel we also have our very own Gym and Games Room, which is free of charge exclusively for residents. Scalford Hall Hotel has 80 bedrooms, 9 meeting rooms, 10 syndicate rooms and large event room catering for up to 500 guests. In addition there are 2 private dining rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Scalford Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scalford Hall Hotel Melton Mowbray
- Scalford Hall Melton Mowbray