“A treat”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melton Mowbray
Ragdale Hall Health Hydro & Thermal Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Melton Mowbray
Reviewed February 16, 2013

An expensive treat, calm, relaxing and delightful. I've been here 3.times as a singleton visitor and for a couples short break. My most recent visit saddened me, the commercial side has overtaken their original uniqueness. There were areas that needed a jolly good clean and some fixing and staff who needed to be aware of customers who could overhear their gossiping. I encourage the management team to review their values and go back to where they began. Fix the broken equ, clean the area up and install into some of your team the professionalism they all once had. I was very sad after my last visit, I usually enjoy ragdale but now feel that the same experience can be had at a smidgen of the price elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMrsSS

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just back from a quick 'Overnight Reviver Break' at Ragdale Hall & have to say it's certainly done the job!

It's all been said before so I'll keep it brief, the facilities are first class & I found the staff to be fantastic as a whole. The Thermal spa is amazing with all the various little rooms to try out although they did seem to take a while to heat up! The gym could use some better equipment but I can forgive them this as the rest is so good. Had a fantastic massage & very much appreciated the 'Retreat' for a bit of an early evening doze...!

In terms of food we found the breakfast to be a tad disappointing. Yes it's lovely having brekky in bed but I would have much preferred more options in the dining room. Lunch was very good though, as was dinner and although it is generally quite healthy, I certainly didn't go hungry.

The biggest problem for me however was the wine list, or lack of one should I say.... As someone who works in the wine trade I understand the various pressures & influences that drive a wine list. This was completely uninspiring though, so much so that I avoided it & just ordered a beer. I would have quite happily paid £30-40 for an interesting, well thought-out wine but aside from the standard French options there was nothing there. The choices of wine by the glass also left a bit to be desired & would have thought this would be a key part of their business bearing in mind the kind of clientele they are attracting. Definitely needs work...!

Whilst I do think it's somewhat overpriced it's still the best Spa out there & we will certainly be back. Indeed I can see this being at least an annual experience for many years to come!

Room Tip: We had a Standard Plus room, no. 81. It was a tad cold so worth putting the heating on as soon as yo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a three night stay at Ragdale and it was just perfect. It is a place where you can do as little or as much as you like. I travel a long way to visit because I always know that once I arrive it is going to be a throughly relaxing and pleasurable experience. The level of service is admirable. The food is varied and delicious. The facilities are constantly being modernised. First class all round.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Fantastic first stay at this beautiful spa hotel. Lived up to all we had heard about it - very friendly, approachable staff, nothing too much trouble. We stayed in the Lodge where we had a superior room for a standard room price - lovely and quiet, with breakfast delivered to your room. Beauty treatments were fab, no hard sell on products, food fantastic and plentiful and nothing not allowed. Fun classes, lovely pool, interesting activities in the evenings - beauty demo, fashion show, chef cookery demo. Can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: Would recommend lodge if you are happy to walk short way to main building.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean551979
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I absolutely love Ragdale Hall. Have been going there for 3 years now. Twice a year. I always go on my own. Was nervous the first time but the staff and everyone are so amazing you don't feel on your own at all. They are attentive and always there to please. Nothing is too much. I always leave with a heavy heart because I just want to stay longer. I now stay 4 nights at a time because I can't bear to leave after 2 days. Amazing place and will keep on going back. Thank you Ragdale.

Room Tip: I stay in a superior single room and they have all been lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Janeygirl1968
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I go to Ragdale at least once a year. We stay here in October every year with my best friend.
Last year we stayed in the lodge which was lovely. It's a separate detached house just as you enter the hall which has 4 independent rooms. Quite nice if you want to be secluded, and would be nice if you were staying as a couple. The decor in the lodge is perfect. All individually decorated.

When staying in the hall, we stay in the premium rooms. Good decor, dual sinks, more than enough space typical 4 star accomodation I would say. Breakfast is delivered to your room every morning and lunch is scheduled in for you around your treatments. Very good selection for lunch, so you can have a little of everything, hot or cold. Dinner is usually a set menu, but all healthy. Wine is available if you want to buy it.

The aerobic or yoga classes are great. You do loose some of the time in the class as they have to keep explaining the pace to everyone in case they are beginners. Gym has all lovely modern equipment. There also organise regular walks in the grounds.

The grounds are wonderful, ponds with coy carp and acres of green lush fields.

Treatments are very average unless you get a senior therapist. Because we have massages regularly, the ones here seem inadequate.

Facilities are first class. There are about 5 different steam rooms, a candle pool, hyro pool, lovely grounds if you go in the summer, they've got loungers out for you to relax in. Everyone is either in gym gear or a bathrobe. Going down to dinner is nice to do in smart clothing, although you do see the odd person in their bathrobe.

If you want a relaxing spa break with a friend, or your hubby, I would highly recommend this place. I think it is more suited to girls in a group, or even if you are on your own. I've been here on my own before, and still had a good time.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are ok, you do get better ambience with Premium rooms or the Lodge.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Having just got back from the luxury revive day it was perfect from start to finish, thank you to all the staff for making it a day to remember, would highly recomemend this package. The hall is tastefully decorated with a variety of areas to relax and unwind.

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melton Mowbray
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Stapleford Park
Quorn Grange Hotel
Quorn Grange Hotel
#4 of 12 in Loughborough
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa

Been to Ragdale Hall Health Hydro & Thermal Spa? Share your experiences!