“Excellent, Groupon deal of the year!!!”
Review of Belvoir Brewery

Belvoir Brewery
Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent, Groupon deal of the year!!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Booked through Groupon, myself and my family and had the most wonderful time.
We visited evening time, place was very busy, says everything!!
Brewery tour was very informative, staff extremely knowledgeable on their products. Ryan behind the bar talked me into having a few more beers than my wife would have liked!
Food was excellent, our waitress (I think her name was Ilene) was very pleasant though a little rushed.
We booked a deal through Groupon, best deal we ever had. We looked through the main menu's and has some excellent choices and cannot wait until we can visit again and try some.
Met some lovely locals also, Clunk and Eddie, well jealous they live so close, I would eat here everyday.

Definitely recommend this place and will certainly visit again.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Michelle H

Leicester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Tasteless Food, expensive, bad service, my first "TERRIBLE" review!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If l do a review of food I must visit a few times before l put down my thoughts.

The first thing that strikes you about this little Brewery is the location, its not easy to find but it is in a lovely location once you do find it, between Nottingham and Melton Mowbray, just a little bit of the beaten path!

I had their "Soup of the Day" two times, on the first occasion it was tomato and it was like water with no taste, for my main meal the first time l went l had the Salmon with a wine sauce and potatoes, chips and vegtables to accompany it. The salmon was cooked from frozen and was almost tasteless, the sauce saved the dish for me but the side dishes just offered more disappointment with the vegtables all very hard and undercooked and the chips tasting as though they were re-cooked. It was all very disappointing but we decided to give it another go, once again l ordered the soup which sounded brilliant, "Brocolli and local Stilton", unfortunately it tasted like Stilton Slop, it was disgusting that a restaurant so near to the fine home of this great cheese could produce something as bad as this. That was not the end of my experience though as l had ordered Mussels in a wine sauce for my main, it was a dish l will not forget for a while, if anything it has just about put me off ordering that dish at any restaurant ever again. Not only were the mussels small but l found what looked like 2 of the hostesse's hairs in my dish after l found one in my mouth, it was awful and l never ever will eat there again.

To summarise, the service was very slow considering there was only 9 people eating at the time, the staff seemed more interested in talking to 3 men who were sitting at the bar than finding out how the food was for the people sat eating. The food here is cooked from frozen or re-cooked and tastes awful, the inside is clean and alot of love has gone into the decor with lots of incredibly good antique pub signs. The outside is littered with hundreds of fag ends and needs a serious clean, I would reccomend the Sugar Loaf or Golden Fleece, both of which are nearby before eating here not just for quality but for the sake of your pocket.

My first TERRIBLE review unfortunately.

Visited April 2013
8 Thank BillyDixon
Ian S, Owner at Belvoir Brewery, responded to this review, April 9, 2015
Under new management since August 2014, I was sorry to read of your experience. Perhaps you would be willing to try us again under the new regime?
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What a find”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Staying locally for a weeks break. Decided to visit this brewery and get some local beers to take back to Scotland. Did not realise that they had a restaurant as well. Food was excellent as was the service.

Visited April 2013
Loughborough, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Brewery Tour with food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

went as part of a Leicestershire Tourist Board deal.Sown round by a very personable young chap who didn't,t work in the brewery.Place we ate was pleasant .Food was hit and miss.Lovely ham hock terrine and mussels.Partners chips were like chip shop chips reheated-soggy and greasy.Had fabulous chips at the Wheatsheaf on Thursday'.
Beers very average-I don't like beer and could drink them as they were very bland and fairly tasteless-for a good brewery tour and real ale go to the Wold Top Brewery in Yorkshire.

Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Excellent beer, meal and tour”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went on Groupon deal, on a Saturday afternoon. We got a tour of the brewery, which was surprisingly interesting. Then had a 3 course meal, all courses were delicious, well presented and good value. Staff were friendly and polite. The beers were very nice too, only wish I could have sampled more but I was driving. Will return, would like to try the Sunday lunches.

Visited August 2012