Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Doh walk

A wonderful park to roam around with our dog On a sunny weekend afternoon Quiet scenic and varied... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

Reviewed 1 week ago
WilfordTerrier
Nottingham, United Kingdom

1,360 results
All reviews twin lakes alton towers roller coaster indoor play log flume soft play lick of paint height restrictions drayton manor easter bunny splash zone all ages outdoor rides bumper boats food prices farm animals year olds
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

A wonderful park to roam around with our dog On a sunny weekend afternoon
Quiet scenic and varied terrain

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We've visited twice now with our toddler,once at Easter and now in November. Lovely relaxed family day out, our toddler loves the freedom of being able to run around and explore, she can't go on many of the rides yet as she's under 90cm, but there's still loads to keep her amused, with the animals and soft play areas, theatre area, play village etc. All the staff are pleasant and happy to help, and play areas pretty immaculate. Would recommended to anyone wanting a family friendly day out with kids of all ages. Personally I'd always choose to go off peak day, one it's cheaper and two it's not as busy.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went for the day with our 4 and 6 year old for Halloween we went to the toilet when we arrived it was filthy and one toilet was covered in poo the other was blocked, we told reception to be told yeah people make a mess. On leaving the toilet was still the same. About an hour into our visit it starts raining and all rides closed so we went inside and it was really dark and dingy are freezing cold there was one person serving food and drinks so waited 30 minutes for a drink to warm up. We went into the witches wagon it was a girl in a witches hat the kids took a picture and got some sweets for £6 rip off.
I wouldn’t recommend going.

Reviewed 1 week ago

My eldest had an INSET day after half-term which meant that many attractions were closed following the end of the main season but Twinlakes stays open at much reduced entry prices. It's clearly explained that not all rides are staffed but that members of staff are on hand to open a ride if you want to use it. That was certainly the case and the ride operators were happy to extend the ride duration on demand as well. For the most part, the place is like the Marie Celeste out of season but if you're able to visit, it's a lot more fun without the crowds!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you go here, just hope you dont run into any problems as if you need to speak to someone about an issue at the place or afterwards its impossible. We had many issues on the day. Spoke to staff who said to email. Emailed in and never recieved a response. I wont reccomend.

Twinlakes_Park, Manager at Twinlakes Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Raj
It can take up to 28 days to get a response via Customer Services.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to this event before and I can’t fault it...absolutely brilliant night. I know it states in the T&C’s that if you lose your card you have to purchase another. But this makes no sense and is a money making scam.

If you lose it they ‘look’ for it and if it’s gone, you have to pay for another ticket (even though this is not your entry ticket) and you still have proof of a ticket??? This is obviously a way of making money. Instead of being original and changing the use of pieces of card to a wrist band, they do this because ‘’all the other parks do this’’. I was told this by the EXTREMELY unhelpful and rude manager. He was very incapable of explaining how this is not a money making scam or agreeing that this could be improved. A piece of card does not cost £30...oh and we were told there was only one card per person...but if you pay the £30 one magically appears!

Terrible system and appalling management/customer service!!!!!! A real shame because it’s great fun. I work with 70 people who most of have started coming every year but this will certainly stop....I said this to the manager and his response was ‘’well we get thousands of others’’, he was not bothered at all!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Third year in a row at xtreme scream. This year having bought the anytime tickets decided to go on Halloween night hoping things would be ramped up...it wasn’t.

The actors (some) didn’t seem that bothered, there was no drinks other than strongbow at the bar, we got a burger & hotdog which was cold and staff were rude. At £7.50 for a single burger a simply reply to a hello how are you should kronor greeted with a grunt and a look of disgust!

I felt that there would be more interactive actors especially on Halloween. Now the mazes are still good and have subtle changes which were welcome but it all felt “meh” tonight.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I took my 18month old daughter on a nice autumn morning. I queued for 20mins so when I got to the payment kiosk I felt obliged to pay £20 for a ticket! I was totally unaware it cost so much just for myself (my daughter is free as under a certain height). If I hadn’t queued for a length of time I would’ve just left and now wished I had.
Toilets disgusting and smelly - I had only got into the park around 40 mins after opening so I would at least expect them to be clean first thing in the day.
We walked around the animals, but were quite underwhelmed. There are donkeys, goats, llamas and about 50 rabbits. All of which we see daily around our village. You can feed them at an extra cost.
We had a walk around most of the rides outside only to realise my daughter is too small to go on them even when accompanied by myself. This was a shock as the website describes ‘fun for all the family’.
We found our way inside and had a very overpriced lunch. For £10.50 we had chicken nuggets which were ok, but a little greasy. I got my daughter a lunchbox and the sandwich was awful, stale and Un buttered.
The only things we could go on was a small soft play in the corner, which we spent about half an hour in, luckily there were no other children inside so I could get on with my daughter - she couldn’t of gone in on her own. There was also a bouncy castle.

I spent £20 on entry to a small soft play and access to a bouncy castle.

After an hour and a half we left. Were advised by staff to go to reception where I was met with an abrupt ‘manager’ who asked ‘didn’t you go on the farm ride’? I didn’t even see anything about a farm ride. Also sounds pretty sh*t anyway.
They refused to refund even part of my ticket.

Ridiculous waste of money and falsely advertised. I could’ve gone to a soft play centre in Melton Mowbray and got lunch there for much less than £10.
I might as well have burned my £30.
I will not be returning
A great shame as I have fond memories of Tumbledown Farm as it was before Twinlakes from when I was a child.
The place needs a good clean, more enthusiastic staff and better facilities throughout. There’s not much right with this place.

1  Thank kimberleighBarnes
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came from Coventry to visit Twinlakes. It's a great day out and lots to do.
Everything is quite close together so not a lot of walking. There are 2 big indoor areas which makes it the perfect place when the weather isn't good.
The rides are a bit fair groundish but some different ones.

I have taken a few stars off because firstly some things were closed. We paid £51 for 3 of us which is a good price for a day out. However we were here for our school holidays which are different to Melton Mowbray so it was not as busy....and this equalled less staff! I imagine the following week when it's holidays they will be fully staffed and all open... and people pay the same as we paid.
One indoor area we went downstairs for my 5 year old to go on the little ferris wheel and we waited for at least 5 minutes before someone came along to open it.... No apology. My son said... Go and ask someone... All the rides were unmanned so I couldn't find anyone to ask!!!
In the other indoor area there's a huge play area with slides. A few slides were not open so my son asked the man on the entrance when one of the slides would be open. He replied "I don't know". I was stunned. No attempt to find out even. We went back later and it still wasn't open.
It's pretty unfair to charge people full price and then not open everything.

On a positive note.. There was still loads to do and the kids loved it. It's particularly good for younger kids. My 5 year old can't wait to go back.
The food was good for a theme park too. Not a bad price and actually nice! However I asked for a child's lunch box... Was told sandwich choices were cheese, ham or tuna. I asked for cheese and she said there were none left... It was 12.10pm! Someone eventually made one up for her.

I still recommend it as a day out but it just needs better organisation and
some staff need to improve communication with customers.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited the yearly Xtreme Scream park for the first time. What a fantastic night, we went here as a group of 5, the youngest being 15 (naughty I know as it is strictly over 16's, she is nearly 16 though) we all loved it, each maze was different and each maze had a different scary theme. Our favourites by far were the Pie Factory and the Ash Hill Penitentiary which were both very creepy, very jumpy and had loads of actors in there ready for the pounce! The village was also very good but there did seem to be too many people in there at once so if you weren't in the front then you knew what to expect as this had less actors in there. The Hoo Doo VooDoo was not in my eyes as good as the rest as most of the way around your heads are covered with a fabric bag/hood so you couldn't see anything, this took away the scare factor for our group and it did feel very claustrophobic. Stilton Hall hotel was very detailed with plenty of scares with some great interaction with the actors and well worth a visit, it just wasn't as scary as some of the others. The grand finale is the Revenge of the Zombie Clowns, this was fantastic but not so for my 18 year daughter who has a fear of clowns, this is a maze a little different than the rest with clowns hiding around every corner and once you see them they do not leave until you dare to pass them. One warning I will give is that if you are effected by flashing lights then rethink your visit as there are a lot them and I'm sure they are in every maze. The attraction opens at 7pm and closes around 11pm, we got there for opening and it took us about 3 and a half hours to do all the mazes and stop for a drink and a bite to eat. Queues may seem very long at times but these go down quicker than you would initially think plus hearing the others scream inside makes the wait more exciting. A can of lager or cider costs around £4.00 each (you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks each), a bottle of coke £2.50, a hoodie £10.00 and a 3pc chicken with chips £7.00, not cheap at all, although I do think the hoodie a bargain price. We will definitely visit again next year.