“Overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Long Whatton B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Staff were attentive but two out of three were new and did not seem to have had much training, and the food/wine list was oyerpriced for this type of pub food venue. Would make a return visit if pricing was more realistic as the young staff made the effort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JOtaki, Manager at Falcon Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments,
the next time you book with us we will be more than happy to give you a 10% discount. Just quote "trip advisor discount".
Jad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
MIDLANDS ENGLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staff excellent good service.However very over priced {mixed grill , sirlion, fillet,rump steak} in particular .If visiting this PUB and that is what it is make sure you are not on a budget.Don't try to ring up as they don't answer the phone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JOtaki, Owner at Falcon Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments,
The next time you book with us we will be more than happy to give you a 10% discount. Just quote "trip advisor discount".
Jad
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I came across this jewel by following the brown signs, whilst exploring the country lanes. What a revelation, wonderful staff, surroundings, accommodation , food and atmosphere. You could not ask for anything more. Care and attention is paid to all aspects of the business from the hanging baskets to the beautifully created and crafted meals, an extremely welcoming atmosphere , host and resident locals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
JOtaki, Manager at Falcon Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
thank you very much for your kind and generous review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late on Sunday evening I was directed to this beautiful little hotel by the ever friendly owner Jad!
This is a wonderful, friendly, clean hotel and amazing value for money! Jad really is an amazing host, offering to make me a meal out of hours and ready to top up my wine glass as it emptied!
I opted instead to take advantage of the lovely clean and welcoming room and have a nice hot bath then sleep ready for my journey to London the next day.
After a good nights sleep I went down to breakfast to be greeted by a very friendly lady called Lydia who offered to cook me any combination of breakfast I wanted! I chose poached eggs and bacon and they were cooked to perfection! The Falcon Inn is an absolute gem and I would reccomend it to everyone.. Anne Marie x

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Anniefordyoioioi
Thank you very much for your kind and generous review.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed at The Falcon Inn for two nights in order to attend the Historic Festival at nearby Donnington Park. After a long drive from Cornwall, we received the warmest of welcomes from Jad on our arrival on Friday night, and after unloading luggage went to the bar for an evening drink. The bar is warm, friendly, exceptionally clean and offers a great selection of wines, soft drinks and real ales at reasonable prices.

The rooms themselves were fantastic. My two daughters and I were in room 7 - huge four-poster bed, a sprung bed settee that I am assured was very comfortable and the biggest bathroom I have ever seen! My parents were downstairs in a slightly smaller room. Both were well-equipped with kettles, tea, coffee, biscuits (and chocolates - a hit with the girls!) and spotlessly clean.

The food ... what can I say?? Breakfast on both mornings was fantastic, a range of cereals, toast, jams etc are all available from the lovely lady serving us, along with hot drinks and juice as you would expect. The cooked options are fantastic - a full English is of course offered but for those with a smaller appetite you can have exactly what you want - for example I had poached eggs, tomato and mushrooms whilst my mum opted for scrambled eggs and tomato, step-dad had the full monty! All came out freshly cooked and beautifully presented - just what was needed to set us up for the day. The evening meal was almost beyond words ... everyone throughly enjoyed their meals, especially my mum and myself who had the Mezzah - this is absolutely out of this world and cannot be recommended strongly enough. Jed also came to the table to explain the dishes which was an very appreciated bonus, especially as the restuarant and bar were exceptionally busy.

All in all a fantastic weekend with fautless service throughout from every member of staff we came into contact with. We are now trying to find an excuse to return!

Room Tip: Room 7 is wonderful - four poster bed, biggest bathroom ever seen and a lovely, deep corner bath.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank amandaj1980
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Falcon recently to visit Donnington race circuit. Accomodation was excellent could not fault it. Jad and his staff were so welcoming and friendly we began to feel like locals. Food was superb with an excellent menu and on an extremely busy evening the service was absolutely top class. We cannot wait to return and just hope Jad will be able to accommodate us.

Stayed April 2013

Nottingham , England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Although we do not live too far away from the Falcon we have not eaten here for several years . My husband & I wanted to go for a pub meal and could not get in at the first place we decided on . So we settled on the Falcon and are so pleased we did . The food was delicious from beginning to end . We chose off the special board and I had the slow roasted belly pork - it was fantastic ...just melted in my mouth ! ...my husband chose crab cakes , and again the flavours were amazing . There is a Lebanese influence in this restuarant and it really makes for tasty food . We finished off with a shared dessert of Baklava.and this was literally the icing on the cake ! All in in all a fab evening , great service & reasonably priced . Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JOtaki, Manager at Falcon Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and generous review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Whatton
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 8 in Castle Donington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,574 reviews

Been to Falcon Inn? Share your experiences!