“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of The Mews Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

The Mews Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our stylish comfortable Bar area is a great place to enjoy a range of Local Beers, extensive Gin and Wine List. Our Gin List is one of largest in the area with delights such as William Chase Single Estate from Herefordshire to Gin Mare from Spain. Set within the beautifully restored, listed Mill Lane Mews you will discover a unique mix of classic and contemporary style, with service that is informative and personal where our team consistently deliver the finest food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The Food at The Mews is focused firmly on a philosophy of using the best and freshest local produce available. Our versatile menus champion a thoroughly professional blend of skilled service with modern British and French cooking. Our aim is to continue our success and reputation in providing our customers with quite brilliant, assured cooking
Leicestershire
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Four of us ate at The Elderflower tonight and it was a great experience from start to finish. A warm welcome, excellent service and incredible food. We'll be going back soon.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank W W

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Mothers day lunch”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have visited this restaurant before for the taster menu and enjoyed it so we decided to give Sunday lunch a try. Started with fishcake which was a bit of a gamble as I'm not all that "fishy" but I really enjoyed it, the others said the scallops were excellent. Beef for main was very tender and I'm told the pork was great too, especially the crackling! Finished with lemon tart, which was wonderfully tasty. The cheeseboard was also popular. As last time the chef came out for a chat and it was a most enjoyable. Can't wait for 23rd March - next taster evening.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“At last, a resturant that ashby has long been in need of”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Ate there recently and if I could we'd eat there every night. Ashby has had a few restaurants recently that have tried to do what the elderflower is doing and none have managed to accomplish what they set out to do apart from this place.

What to say? The food is excellent whilst being very reasonably priced considering the quality and skill that goes into cooking it. Starters where excellant, I had the best lamb as main course I've ever had and judging by the look on my wife's face the sweets are v tasty as well!

The front staff are friendly, knowledgeable about the food and efficient, they help to make the meal experience. Infact he persuaded my wife to try the fillet steak that I'd have never managed to get her to eat (she loved it).

If I didn't work away we'd be eating here every week. Excellent, recommended, eat here every day.

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Lets Go Networking Lunch”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just held my first, but not last I can assure you, networking lunch at The Elderflower and can honestly say its been a seamless journey from beginning to end.

An excellent and sensible bespoke 3 course menu was created for me. From the moment it went to the attendees to the time it was put in front of us all expectations were exceeded and initial feedback from one client has already stated "it was the best Network meal I have ever tasted – I felt the service was professional – enjoyed it"

I would have no hesitation in recommending Timothy's restaurant The Elderflower to anyone for business or pleasure.

I've added a couple of pictures to set the scene.
Thank you Timothy and as Arnie would say "I'll/we'll be back"

• Visited February 2013
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Tastes and Service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just had what I would consider the best lunch at a Networking Event (ever!), and I have been to quite a few.

Scallops cook just right, the Lamb was meaty and juicy, the chocolate pudding topped it off just right. Service was appropriate, friendly and just right.

My first taste of our town's new restaurant and its a major taste bud step up (at last!), Ashby not only deserves a restaurant like this but so does Leicestershire. Well done Tim

• Visited February 2013