“A little Gem!!”

The Rickshaw Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fantastic Indian restaurant! Food is superb and the excellent staff are always attentive and inviting. The best Indian around by far!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A little Gem!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Even though I live in Ashby I have to admit I have never visited this restaurant, I know a lot of people that have been and raved about it, which when I read the reviews I found quite puzzling as there seems to be quite a few negative ones.
Well some friends and I went on Saturday night, we had booked in advance and it was excellent, from the moment we walked through the door until we left the service could not be faulted, the food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We cannot wait to go back! The only negative feedback I could give it is the ladies could do with a lick of paint!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Liza H

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Very poor service from the start”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Waited 50 mins for a take away, customers kept waiting for booked tables and phoned orders, manager behind reception shouting at staff, not well organised or managed at all. Even had customers state you still here who had gone out for 30 minutes and come back and they where still kept waiting, they even offered us a drink from the bar, no apologys from staff for long wait and to top it all when we returned home part of our order was missing, so we called and they said will send, 30 mins later it arrives but by now we have eaten as the food was going cold, so I asked for my money back only on the missing food, the person who delivered the missing food was more than apologetic, but the man on the other end of the phone was shouting, so I asked to speak to him,he was rude and very aggressive down the phone and questioned me about the missing food
After a few minutes of stating I will come back to the restaurant, he told the delivery person to give me my money for the missing food only back, I will never use your services again

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Andy M
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food, polite staff”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we dropped in on spec one weekday at 5pm.
Polite friendly staff served us good quality food in a nice relaxed atmosphere.
We have been again since and the standard was just as good.
The staff were all different and it was good to see the level of service and preparation of food was consistent..
We have booked again and invited relatives over.

• Visited February 2014
England
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We called at the Rickshaw on the way back from Birmingham to Middlesbrough we had spotted the place on a reccy through Ashby earlier in the day whilst en route the other way with an hour to kill. We were not disappointed we were joined by son and wife from Nottingham and had a great meal before resuming our journey north. Highly recommended by a true curry devotee the garlic chicken was a great dish and the staff were top notch.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank flavell
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
“Expensive Indian”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Expensive Indian food, staff not over friendly. Too fussy to be able to enjoy, not a very nice atmosphere within

Visited January 2014