See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 2, 2017

We booked a 2 night stay at the Beeches for late October. The room we were given was very sparsely furnished and had the feel of a room in a hostel rather than a hotel. There were 2 bath towels in the room but no hand towel - we thought this was an oversight but when we asked a member of staff for a hand towel unbelievably we were told that it was 'not management policy to provide hand towels', after then finding evidence of the previous occupant on the toilet rim and that the toilet had not even been flushed we decided that was enough was enough and we left. We are not fussy people at all and have stayed in loads of budget hotels/B+B's before both here and in the US but we have never found a room so lacking in basic standards and amenities that we have simply refused to stay........until now.
Reading this you may feel that Beeches is a budget accommodation and after all you get what you pay for but in this instance you don't even get that. If you want to see what we mean check out the pics on booking.com - one picture shows a big thick pile of fluffy towels, I'm not sure which hotel this represents but clearly it's not this one. If you are still thinking of giving the Beeches a try beware of paying for the room up front - if you decide as we did not to stay you will also find that it's not management policy to offer refunds either.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night with wife daughter of 3 and 8 month old son! Room lovely landlord and lady very friendly breakfast superb!
Would be a 5 star review for simple things like shower gel in room.
Would stay again!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at The Beeches as close to an event my friend and I attended.
The manager was very accommodating, flexible with arrival time and extremely friendly. Room was a twin, really nice and clean and recently modernised. We had an evening meal there and once again the waitresses were all very friendly and welcoming.

Ideal for a place to stay when visiting anywhere close by.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel at the weekend with family. Facilities minimal, rooms light and airy if basic but Wayne and his staff can't do enough for you, so friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Excellent value for money and a hearty breakfast in the price. Will certainly be going back here

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Oh dear! The shame is I've had some decent meals in the past here but on this occasion I was very disappointed. Trying to be healthy I ordered a mozzarella, tomato, pesto baguette on wholemeal. It came out beautifully, with skinny fries (that I passed on to Mrs M) and a huge dressed side salad. Tucked in. The baguette filling was "mixed" eg cubed mozerella, pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Delicious until the second bite OUCH! I spat out the little stick which is meant to go in the top of the sandwich for show, but it was mixed in with the filling. I called the waitress over and much to my astonishment she said IT SHOULD BE THERE! so I had to reiterate that the stick had been discovered mixed in with the baguette filling not placed through the baguette! To illustrate my point the stick had turned green from the pesto. I was offered a fresh one or something else but I declined as the offer clearly did not include waivering the charge of that meal. Having worked in customer service for many years, personally I would have shown some remorse and apologised, I did get a grudging apology from the waitress, she said she'd tell the kitchen staff and given the filthy looks two of them gave me passing through the bar she'd mentioned it clearly! She also took away the bowl of skinny fries I'd passed over to my wife!!! How petty?!!! Also I would have waivered the charge of the dish WITHOUT the customer having to request this and maybe offered a drink on the house (I was drinking soft drinks BTW!). A real shame. We paid up for what we'd had and left. Normally I'd leave a tip but I didnt bother today. Doubt I'll be going back, the good thing is there are similar, better places locally who do similar types of food (carvery, pizza etc) and who know where to stick their sticks properly or better still leave the annoying things off and reinvest the money saved on these daft, useless things in some much needed customer service training!!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple