“Fantastic Hotel”

Holland Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Upholland
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Due to the nature of my job, I have stayed in many hotels around the UK, and none of them has come close to the ambiance, warmth and comfort that the Holland Hall Hotel has to offer. It is one of the best. From the most delightful receptionists, to the fantastic food to the most friendly and happy staff I have ever experienced. I cannot emphasise enough how much I enjoyed my 7 week stay with them. Thank you all at the Holland Hall. Darren C

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Darren C

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night while travelling for work. I had left booking the hotel to the last minute and as a result this was the only one free and I had it at a bargain price of £45 versus the usual £120 which was very good value indeed. To that end while reviewing I am keeping in mind I have had a bargain but am trying to be objective about how I would feel if I had paid the full price.
First of all the accommodation; the standard of cleanliness in the room was very high and the bed was extremely comfortable. Decor was a little dated in the bedroom and the room did miss some features I would expect if paying £120 like a working telephone, and working sidelights but I did not get any noise from outside and had a good nights sleep.
The staff in the main were friendly and very amenable especially in the morning although I was put off by the receptionist who initially booked me in - not sure if she was about to finish her shift but I got the feeling I was causing a massive inconvenience by turning up at that moment to be booked in!
Breakfast was £10 and the full English was advertised as having award winning sausages - not sure what the award was for certainly did not feel like taste and quality but maybe I was expecting too much from 2chipolatas. I did not eat my evening meal there and was glad based on the evidence of the cooked breakfast. Continental buffet was plentiful and good variety.
Final point communal areas clean and warm a little oddly decorated I have never seen Christmas decoration composed of umbrellas hanging upside down decorated with tinsel but full marks for effort!!
On the whole for the price of £45 plus extra for breakfast ths was a good slightly better than basic hotel however if you do not get the deal I would suggest you save your money and go elsewhere. This does not have anything to recommend it above a premier inn/travel lodge (in fact facilities are better in newer hotels) which is shame as it looked so promising on the approach and if you have the deal price it is Definitly worth staying there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Clare B
Reviewed November 11, 2012

After viewing numerous venues, we decided on Holland hall following an evening meal we had there.
Firstly, the food, and indeed choice & price was very appealing.
The staff where pleasant, helpful & very accommodating,as it should be I know, but they did go all out to ensure our evening was enjoyed.
The following day & after a show around of the venue, rooms, etc, we decided to go ahead & book our wedding. The price & options available where fantastic & we didn't think we could get all we did for the price.
The following few months of planning we where completely put at ease by Manager Colin.
Nothing was to much trouble, and he went through all our specifications in great detail, We altered things as time went on & he was always available to meet & discuss.
The day: WOW...words can't describe how easy it flowed for us & all our wedding party, friends & family, a lot who had stayed the previous night with us & on the day itself.
Colin ( to our delight as we feel this was necessary)was there throughout the day to see everything went to plan & see us married & also into the evening, then followed by Martin who continued to complete our amazing day.
Organisation was impeccable & we didn't need to question a thing.
Our tables looked amazing. Presentation was beyond compare & just as I had visualised.
Our meal, wine, champagne, everything was first class & everyone complimented it.
Evening, again, this service continued for us & our guests.
We left our reception early to go on honeymoon & upon return asked people how it ended...They LOVED it..
We have since returned to the hotel with a few little gifts of thanks, but to be honest, no gifts, no words could show our sincer gratitude for the best day of our lives.
We stayed the previous night in the honeymoon suite with our children as we wanted them included as much as possible, they had a sofa bed in a separate lounge area. Rooms are beautiful & tastefully decorated to a high standard.
We wouldn't hesitate it recommending Holland Hall Country House to anyone, be it a simple drink at the bar, weekend away or any celebrations your may have.
Many thanks to all involved, especially Colin.
Sue & Mike wedding date (27-10-12)

Room Tip: Suites are stunning our guests stayed in these, one family stayed in family cottage room.. Everyone...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I spent a faultless night at this wonderful hotel. We were catered for with great consideration at every opportunity.

Booking: The customer service staff are incredibly efficient!! I made my booking by email and had a response after approximately 1 hour. Not only did I get a fast response, but when I made the staff aware that we were celebrating our anniversary, they UPGRADED our room to a feature room and made sure there was a bottle of cava on ice in the room on our arrival....ALL COMPLIMENTARY FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

Arrival: On our arrival the reception staff where informative and too the point....Exactly what you want!, No one wants to be stood there with heavy bags whilst being read an entire script. They simply took the payment and gave us our room key, EFFICIENT without the boring formalities!!! :)

Room: Our room was AMAZING!!!, Traditionally decorated with a modern twist. All the mod cons; Ipod Dock, flat screen tv, DVD player and my personal favourite....A TV in the bathroom!!!! :D.
CLEAN, STYLISH AND COMFORTABLE.

Lovel's Bar and Grill Restaurant: We had a lovely meal which was competitively priced. Food was great and drinks from the bar where not too expensive. We had a shared menu designed for couples which was £69 all in with a bottle of wine. The staff were attentive and we were even visited by the chef at the end of our meal to ensure our meal was to our standards, which I thought was quite a considerable touch.
The restaurant it self was small but intimate, ideal for couples.

Breakfast: Choice of a Full english, served to the table or a self serve continental breakfast...Or BOTH if your a big eater like me! :) NICE FOOD, GOOD SERVICE......and a personal high for me was HALF PINT GLASS and PROPER cups for the juices and tea!!!

OVERALL... Definitely would recommend this to anyone; it really made an impression on us....So much so that we are going again to Lovels for Lunch this coming Tuesday.

BOOK HERE AND ENJOY! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We redently had our wedding at your Hotel and to sum it up one word (PERFECT)!!!
we can not fault this hotel in anyway what so ever as all staff were brilliant with me as being the bride i was stressed, your reception ladies were fab and helpful, The cleanness and service was excellent i stayed at your hotel the night before and had all my sisters and family there helping me set up the rooms for my wedding all the staff did was run round after me so we would like to say a big thank you to them from Mr & Mrs Nightingale and their famiies too.
food excellent. but a big thank you to Debbie my wedding planner who kept me calm and checking on me a 5 mins to see if things were ok and who made my day perfect THANK YOU
MR & MRS NIGHTINGALE WE WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and plenty of space
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank June C
Reviewed September 17, 2012

keep it short.

Bar expensive, the smell of smoke in corridor( no smoking ). Room dark, phone didn't work building site outside window, breakfast was served no better than a formula one hotel. And to top it off ...although not the hotels fault.....gypsys and police at 5am.....wonderful.
plus side was staff. but never again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank BERRY-FAMILY
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recently visited Lovels for my Birthday night out with my family and would definitely recommend. The staff were very attentive and a special thanks to Martin who ensured the night ran smoothly. There was a very relaxed atmosphere complemented with some subtle music. The fixed price menu was great value and the food was lovely. We have already booked next weeks Steak Night, and we're considering one of the Christmas themed nights they are advertising too! Overall very impressed looking forward to my half priced Steak on Thursday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upholland
Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel
8 mi away
Rufford Arms Hotel
Rufford Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rufford

Been to Holland Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!