All reviews charnley arms the pub pub next door overlooking fields hungry horse no lift room was clean good nights sleep top floor visiting family family room convenient location car park continental breakfast excellent value for money what it says on the tin stayed here for one night
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly and efficient and only £29 per night. Was visiting family just a couple of miles away so very convenient too. Booked the stay a few weeks in advance so was able to get the cheaper rate, however a friend tried to book just a couple of days in advance to their stay and the price per room had doubled. They stayed at The Britannia directly opposite for £25 and had a very comfortable night.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed December 29, 2012

stayed here boxing day and had a typical northern welcome , friendly , polite and extremely clean and comfortable room. would definably recommend a visit to the local pub , the silver tally.
excellent location although the car park was on the small size.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this Premier Inn because I was travelling from Scotland down to London. It is the second time I have stayed there as it is exactly half way in my journey and it is ideally located near to the motorway. Sadly, there was no space outside the hotel to park, but I found a space at the restaurant next door. When I arrived, the receptionist was polite and friendly. My room was clean, comfortable and warm. It had a functioning TV and offered 30 minutes free internet. The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. Considering what I paid for the room, I consider it to be very good value and I will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GeorgeJames2000
Reviewed December 15, 2012

stayed here whilst attending a wedding nearby ,we have stayed at many premier inns and have never been disappointed,and this was another gem,clean rooms big comfy beds ,super shower,and hearty breakfast,and the staff , all premier in every way.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed at hotel in October 2012 and whilst the hotel is ok (bit tired but functional) I was woken in the morning by the Police to say my car had been broken into in the car park (causing several thousands of pounds worth of damage) during the night. The Police warned me that this was a common occurence at both this Premier Inn and the hotel opposite - seems being near to the motorway is handy for all those wishing to get away fast!
The Premier Inn staff (of course) denied that there had ever been any problems - seems they know better than the police.
They then started off by insisting that I check out by 11.00 (even though my car was undrivable) but when I growled at them they decided to let me stay for anoher hour and even without charge!
I had thought maybe someone from Premier Inn management might have contacted me after the stay to apologise but none of it.
I had deliberately parked right under the CCTV camera but it was of no surprise to the police that the system was not working (the CCTV system is actually in the attached pub not the hotel) - seems it had not been working for some time.
So my advice, only stay if you dont care about the safety of your car or you arrive by bus. If Premier Inn cared about your safety they might take a more pro-active approach at this hotel.

Room Tip: One with a good view of the car park so you can stay up all night to check the safety of your car!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul B
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.