All reviewscharnley armsthe pubpub next dooroverlooking fieldshungry horseno liftgood nights sleeproom was cleantop floorvisiting familyfamily roomcar parkcontinental breakfastconvenient locationexcellent value for moneywhat it says on the tinstayed here for one night
Reviewed May 2, 2012

this hotel is very clean and one of the most comfortable beds i have slept in recently. the staff were friendly and accommodating. the only issue i have with this hotel is that there is not restaurant only a pub next door. this makes it difficult for lone women or families of certain faiths to choose for one or more nights.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are very quiet and over look a meadow.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Service very good, rooms very clean as was bathroom.
Husband liked the very hard bed, but I did not get any sleep as it was like sleeping on slab of concrete. To be fair, the Receiptionist had a duvet put on top of mattress which did help but was not brilliant. Still no sleep.
OK to stay for a couple of nights, but would not want to stay for longer! (Unless they could provide foam tops for mattress's) Also only one armchair in room, and although TV was all channels, which was good, having to perch on bed was not very comfortable!
Felt the breakfast was good value if you wanted every thing on menu, but if you only wanted egg and two rashers, the price of £8.25 expensive. But it was all cooked fresh.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianeWEssex
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I decided to stay at this Premier Inn when in Wigan to watch the Rugby on a Friday night. Arrived late afternoon and had a very warm welcome. The rooms are standard Premier Inn, comfortable and clean, although the room I had at the front was a little stuffy as it had been a warm day. I always leave the window open and take earplugs just in case of too much traffic noise (being a light sleeper). Ate in the restaurant which was reasonably priced, very tasty and the service was good. Breakfast was also very good.

Room Tip: A room at the back would have a good view over surrounding countryside and would be quiter
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BOTTAJ
Sarah-GeneralManager, Manager at Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Hello Bottaj

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, and for the lovely comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad to hear that we meet all your requirements, and if you do stay with us in future, if you call ahead we will be more then happy to try and give you a room overlooking the fields at the back of the hotel. I will ensure I pass your comments on to the team, and I would like to take the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Kirby Maxwell
Operations Manager Wigan M6 J27 Premier Inn

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was a very nice inn, the room was clean and comfortable with easy parking and good location just off the motorway. Staff great and food very good. no problems, would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julie b
Sarah-GeneralManager, Manager at Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Hello Julie B

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor, and I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will ensure I pass your comments to the team, and I would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Kirby Maxwell
Operations Manager
Wigan M6 J27 Premier Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Accepatable but tired rooms and decor. Stayed in plenty PI and this is the low end of the standard. Pub tired and tatty but good food, service is slow and and staff hassled on quiet night. Also WiFi bust and chap had no idea on what to do. Next time I'll try one of the others in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Wigan (M6 Jct 27) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.