“Decent place”

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Standish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch, All very good, Food nice, Clean place, Salad fresh, Chips a tad greasy. Service good but not excellent as our order arrived with missing side orders... 3 x paninis with salad, 3 x side orders of chips, 2 diet cokes and a fresh orange... £25

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Was on a business trip up to the North West and having travelled up the M6 to the Wigan turn off was looking for somewhere to refuel the stomach and refresh the mind, we came across Chadwicks and from the way it looked from the road immediately decided to give it a try.
Had the basic breakfast of Dry Cured bacon and two eggs and added a sausage, hash browns and toast. When it arrived it looked huge and was a struggle to eat it all. The Bacon was very nice and the sausage excellent eggs were a little underdone for me with yellow yolks and that tell tale bit of slime which says they missed scooping the hot fat on the yolks... but in all it didn't detract too much and was very enjoyable... Topped off with coffee which was a large cup and a glass of fresh orange juice which was also lovely. On the whole a very vbtasty anbd enjoyable breakfast in loveley surroundings and with extremely pleasant staff and all for less than £10 per head. Well done.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been to a lot of the places in standish/wigan. This is my #1 most favourite. Can't stop going. Great service, and if it was possible to outdo that, the food. Even better. FANTASTIC!

1  Thank PiemanzMate
Reviewed January 26, 2013

by the somewhat grandiose title here which I would call in to question somewhat.

Being a born and bred Wiganer I have to say that Chadwicks is an excellent butchers with a long and proud tradition in Wigan and whilst the diversification in to an 'emporium' and cafe rather than a restaurant is a great idea I'm not convinced by a couple of things.

The building is on the main road in Standish and has clearly had a lot of investment, there is car park to the rear which seems to attract the local nutters as we had a run in with someone who told us we couldn't park there when clearly we could.

The butchers is excellent, a real top notch place, not convinced though by the usual array of olive oils and such which seems to proliferate at every farm shop, deli, garden centre and so on.

The restaurant seems to be an add on - more a cafe.The food was perfectly acceptable although the seating was cramped and the service was average at best - long waits and we nearly left at one point.

Good for a quick cafe snack but personally I would stick to the butchers in future and won't be visiting the cafe again, grand title or not

1  Thank Thedragon22
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I always enjoy the food at Chadwicks and regardless of the reputation of the owner and management, I still keep coming back for the food.
I have been dining at Chadwicks since around 2004 or 2005. I took my Wife there before she was my Wife, when we first started dating back in 2010. I have been back since with my brother, his girlfriend and my Son... he loves the breakfast and lots of milk.
As I said, the food is great... really... the problem I have is the attitude of some of the staff and the issues with parking. I dont know it this is still in place but they had a parking attendant. I just dont understand the need for it. Even people who have bought from the butchers or the cafe have to remove their vehicle straight away and not allowed to park up for an extra few minutes as convenience to grab something from the vets or any store nearby.
Ok, I do understand that the car park is for diners and people buying from the butcher. Its just the attitude that comes with it. Also, the last orders pub having a sign on their building blocked, intentionally blocked from view by a previously blank sign of chadwick,,, anyone who knows the area knows what Im talking about.
Business owners in the local area should be supporting each other.... but I dont think these guys play ball... parking in Standish is bad enough, Chadwicks are lucky enough to have their own car park

1  Thank Tom B