“Worst type of pub food.”

The Crown at Worthington Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Lancashire
“Worst type of pub food.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Poor service. Food poor. It also is very much in need of refurbishment. The turkey was packet not a whole roast turkey and was over cooked and had been kept warm for sometime. The meals were not hot. Very poor indeed

1 Thank June6Lancashire

Croston
“Poor service every time”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We go to the Crown at Worthington quite regularly to see friends. I remember the Crown in the old days when we used to live in Standish and it was a lovely place to walk to. These days, every time we visit we joke about how long we will be kept waiting at the bar. The choice of beer is excellent and they could make much more money on it if they were only prepared to serve it to the customers.

Last weekend we were in the Crown once again. It was a very busy weekend with a folk festival on upstairs, a food/beer matching event on in the restaurant on Saturday and mothering Sunday lunches on Sunday. Did they take on extra staff to cope with the easily anticipated large number of customers? Did they thump. It was the usual dozy, half speed individuals who find it difficult to serve people at the best of times. At one point I went to the bar to order two coffees. There were only two people at the bar at the time and they had just been served. I started to ask for the coffee but the tall, bearded youth interrupted me and said "just a minute" and wandered off out of sight. I was left there for quite some while until another member of staff appeared and asked "are you alright?" "I'm waiting" I answered. He took my order and, to give him his due, he asked where I was sitting so it could be brought to me. At least someone had some sort of idea of customer service. It is very unusual in a pub not to have someone behind the bar on the off chance that sales might occur. They just seem to come out and look from time to time. It is not rocket science to realise that the faster you push stuff across the bar the sooner the customers will order more and the more money goes in the till. I would gladly not go to the Crown except that's where my friends go.

To sum up, excellent choice of beers, well kept, atrocious service.

“Good Food, Great Service.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We have been to the Crown on a few occasions in the past and found it up and down. Our recent visit was more on the up side. The food was very good and the service was excellent, the new staff are very pleasant and accommodating. Cheerful and friendly staff like the young lady with dark hair make all the difference.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Monday night meal 25/2/13”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

One of the poorest meals we have ever had at a pub. The buttered vegetables had never seen butter and the mange tout was very stringy. The small amount of meat in the pie was chewy and the pastry was hard. The frozen chips were hardly cooked. The second meal was Cajun chicken burger which had very little chicken in it and the same comments apply about the chips. On a very quiet night - we were the only ones eating - they should have been able to do a lot better than this. Maybe the lack of diners is a reflection on the quality of the food.

wigan, england
“sunday lunch”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch 4 adults. The service was slow and we were seated in the conservatory with the sun shining in our faces which was nice at first but then uncomfortable - 2 of the blinds had no pull strings on them so had to sit with sun in our eyes. Service was slow - we had to ask for an additional menu with burgers and sandwiches on for 2 of us and were told the burgers were really good and not HORSE. Two of us had the roast beef dinner - not impressed too fancy with a massive yorkshire pudding on top - what has happened to the sunday roast with roast potatoes and proper gravy! We also ordered the beef burger but were told they had none(even though we'd been told how good they were) so had to have chicken burgers. I think the food is overpriced and they should stick to traditional pub food saying this I have previously had the fish and chips and that was fantastic - so maybe just a bad day for us - I wouldnt go again though

• Visited February 2013