“Excellent meal”
Review of Spread Eagle

Spread Eagle
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Sawley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Keighley, West Yorkshire
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went Saturday evening with some friends and had very nice meal, first time ever eaten here and will return, nicest scampi and chips had for a long time

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stephen58
nitramYorkshire, Owner at Spread Eagle, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
THANKS Stephen!
We love the Scampi and Chips too! Great to hear you do too! Thank you for your very kind review it has cheered us all up! Smiles all round!

“Leisurely Lunch”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Called in today for lunch, which was great, & even though we arrived after 2pm they were happy to be flexible & we were told if we could order in the next few minutes the whole menu would be available. This is one of our regular visits & as usual the food & service were great.We never go expecting fast service but recognise good food takes time.

1 Thank Chrisnfrank
nitramYorkshire, Manager at Spread Eagle, responded to this review, January 16, 2013

We really do appreciate your very kind words and are thrilled you like coming to the Spread Eagle it really makes all the difference when guests take the time to tell us.

Lots of best wishes till next time we see you
THE SPREAD EAGLE TEAM
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great value lunch on a rainy winter day”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We booked for lunch on a rainy December day. Three menus to choose from. We went for the 3 course Early bird one which included a glass of wine and was excellent value. The food was good and just the right portion size. Although it was raining we had a lovely view of the Ribble in full flow from the window of our table. It would be great for lunch and a gentle walk in the surrounding countryside in the warmer months.

• Visited December 2012
nitramYorkshire, Owner at Spread Eagle, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello there!
Thank you for your great review and I am glad that we managed to put a little sunshine into your day! Via our FANTASTIC FOOD! lots of best wishes for the new Year!
Slaidburn, United Kingdom
“Unhappy diner”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of ten of us went for a Christmas meal on Monday night . Food was very good . The service was ok . We were given the wine list but then had to go to the bar to order. At just before 11pm the waiter walked past our table and said rather sarcasticlally I was just making sure you had not gone to sleep , then looked at his watch and said we do bed and breakfast you know. It made us feel very uncomfortable. Our family go quite often but this has put us off

• Visited December 2012
nitramYorkshire, Owner at Spread Eagle, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Gillian

Thank you for taking the time to place a review with TA, I have to say I am somewhat dismayed & surprised that the light hearted banter we seemed to be having was taken the wrong way! On the night it appeared to me and my colleagues that no offence had been taken?

On the note of service I will certainly look into your pointers raised and pass it on to our team so that we can aim to do better next time! I am truly sorry if offence was made and do hope that you will come to the Spread Eagle once again for some of our excellent food, ambiance and friendly cheerful service. And I promise no puns about the time!
Colne, United Kingdom
“Food Excellent - Hope you're not in a rush !!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Me and my wife have dined here on several occassions. On Saturday we'd booked for 8.30pm, we arrived at 8.20pm got a drink and were told our table was just being prepared. at 8.45pm another couple came in to the bar and were taken straight into the restaurant, we were still waiting !! 5 mins later my wife asked if our table was ready upon which we were taken through. After taking our order we were still waiting for food at 9.15pm, I cancelled our starters and said we'd just have a main course. At 9.35pm our food arrived !! The food was excellent, over an hour to get some was ridiculous.
The manager tried to make it they were very busy etc., well I'm sorry if you can't handle the customers don't take the bookings !!

• Visited December 2012
nitramYorkshire, Owner at Spread Eagle, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello there

I am so sorry that we didnt get it quite right for you on your last visit and thank you for your very favourable remarks regarding the food. We will certainly look into all aspects of your recent visit and use it as a building block for the future, I do hope that you take the opportunity to visit us again very soon where by I am sure all will be excellent!

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we do look forward to seeing you soon.

Grieg & Natalie.