“Brilliant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Sawley B&B and Inns
Lancashire
“Brilliant”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went to a wedding here in December – the whole venue was decorated beautifully and the staff couldn’t do enough to help. Starters of smoked salmon, main of duck and a pudding that was citrus tart – the only down fall was the pudding it was too torte it was hard to eat and just not very nice. Although one thing out of 100’s really lovely day and thank you again!

We stayed in one of the rooms with the best bath tub ever - breakfast was fab too - really exceptional!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wild West,Yorkshire
Reviewed January 19, 2014

A HUGE thank you to Natalie and her Team for helping to make my husband's birthday celebration an absolute fabulous time. We were a party of 13 and the entire weekend was outstanding, professional, and just perfect. All of our meals were superb! (-presentation, quality, and taste 10/10) The spacious, comfortable rooms are so tastefully done with gorgeous views and include everything you could want including robes, tea/coffee and even fresh milk. The staff were always polite and nothing was too much to ask. The location is perfect for wanting to get away to the countryside for rambling walks yet close to shops. Our family still raves about what a wonderful time they had and can't wait to come back. Definitely recommend!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the Spread Eagle for the past 4 or 5 years and have never once been disappointed. The daily changing menu means that you can always try something new and the standard of food is excellent for the price.

Also stayed here once and again found the experience excellent. Lovely room and the breakfast was great too.

Overall, this is a really nice restaurant which is well worth the money.

Stayed May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed overnight en route to a funeral in Settle which helped enormously in raising spirits. Drinks are excellent as is the service in a very well appointed and spacious dining room. Dinner was more than satisfactory and the bedroom clean and comfortable. The bathroom was surprisingly unheated and had the only hot water tap in the country which moved in a clockwise direction to switch on.The shower, on the other hand, was superb. Breakfast was excellent. Certainly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to avoid roadside rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geofffarrell
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

First of all I would just like to advise anybody reading these reviews to take absolutely no notice of any negative comments or reviews as this restaurant/hotel is far from a bad experience.
As soon as we stepped through the door we were welcomed by the attentive staff and we were instantly taken care of. Me and my fiancé were taken to our table, a table right next to the window with a beautiful view of the river, and were delightfully impressed by the friendly attitude and politeness of the young waitress who took the up most care of us all evening. Both me and my fiancé had the soup for starter which was absolutely beautiful, I then had the steak burger to follow and my fiancé had the roast beef dinner and we were both astounded by the 5* quality of both meals. Obviously having had two lovely courses already we couldn't resist ordering a dessert which again up held the outstanding quality of the previous two meals we had eaten! I would like to thank The Spread Eagle for a charming evening and the delicious food and the young waitress who kept us in her wonderful hands all evening! We will definitely be eating here again in the very near future and we hope to become regular customers at The Spread Eagle Hotel.
Madison Binder x

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The Spread Eagle is a lovely, stylish hotel in a wonderful setting but the lack of attention to detail let it down. When we arrived we were shown to a room which was freezing cold as nobody had put the heating on. The bathroom ceiling was stained from a bad leak and the tiles were coming away from the wall. Only one of the lights worked. We were very quickly moved to another room but really that room should not have been used in that condition in the first place. The second room was much better but again no heating in the bathroom, (and I had to clean the bath before I could use it) the Duvet cover had holes in it and the tea and coffee residue of the previous occupants had not been removed. Small things maybe and other than that the staff were lovely, the food was good and the public areas extremely well presented. However friends of ours have stayed here before and had a wonderful experience so we may just have been unlucky.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I have never felt the need or desire to write a review on here or any site quite simply because I haven't been blown away enough (or disappointed to a new low) to warrant a review!

I am making my review debut for the spread eagle at sawley for its absolutely fantastic all round service. I took my mum and dad and wife here for dinner on Saturday gone. It was mine and my wife's second time here and this time excelled even more than last. From the cosy welcome to the knowledgable and friendly bar staff to the attentive waitresses and waiters, to the food being served promptly, to the subsequent food being presented stunningly (see pics!) to the wonderful taste of it, we were all extremely satisfied with what we had. The best bit about it though is the price. In my view it should, for what you get and for the service you experience, be a lot more but I'm certainly not complaining!

I cannot fault this place it is my favourite restaurant by far and I cannot recommend it enough!

Thanks very much all at spreadeagle!

Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sawley
Stirk House Hotel
The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall
The Shireburn Arms
The Shireburn Arms
#2 of 4 in Clitheroe

Been to The Spread Eagle Hotel? Share your experiences!