All reviewstall ceilingsfront desk stafffree breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonestaff was very friendly and helpfulthree nightsadjoining roomsshopping and restaurantscustomer serviceconvenient locationhieakronkeysmokinginterstate
Reviewed February 2, 2017

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Check in fast and easy. Room very clean and comfortable. Bed and linens top notch. Breakfast is great. Have stayed there twice and would stay again. Second time checking in the staff member asked the reason for our visit and we told him we were in town visiting our son who attends the University of Akron, he informed us we could get a University discount---saved a few dollars and who doesn't like that?

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Lynsey E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Hi Sherry T,

Thank so much for staying with us! We love to have University of Akron parents. Thank you for the excellent feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Stayed in room 235 and the room was seemed bigger than usual. Very clean. The vanity in the bathroom had some scratches but overall was in good shape. Front desk gave out chocolate cookies similar to the doubletree hotel. Very quiet hotel. We only stayed over night because we were only there for a wedding. There was a lot of food options for complimentary breakfast that the hotel offers. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Lynsey E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2017

Hi Lesley P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback. I'm certainly pleased that you found the hotel clean and quiet and that you enjoyed the breakfast selection.

We have recently brought about some new changes to the hotel. I hope you will return to experience some of these. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

As a Platinum member moving toward Spire, there is a certain amount of brand loyalty and experience. I was more than annoyed that it was over an hour after I called for pickup from the airport -- had to call twice and they kept promising it was 'on the way'. Which is really weird because the hotel loves to tell you how close they are to the airport -- over and over "It's just minutes!". Well, gee -- light a fire, people. It was a wet day and the greeting a sop as well. "You have a room with us?" probably meant I didn't look the part. No upgrade and no attention to my profile or recognition on their little board, and so I got a slightly cigarette-smoky third floor facing a loud tractor-trailer parking lot with beeping all night as they motored around and backed up. Bed is a bit hard, but I adjust as we all have to, but again, very unmemorable except that it wasn't exceptional. I was up at 4 am before their monthly fire-alarm drill and off to the airport with a Delta crew. Yes, it is a quick trip, once they actually get moving. Won't stay again when I have business in the area, but for the majority of people with lesser expectations, it should do you well. Oh, and as of today -- three days later, still haven't posted my points with my IHG account. I will have to work on requesting that.

Room Tip: You are trapped between a parking lot and the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Akron South (Airport Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear DermDude1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express & Stes Akron South Airport, OH and for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, shuttle service, room condition and bed firmness. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 26, 2016

A good, trouble free stay. Sufficient parking, some reasonable places to eat nearby, the room was quiet even though it overlooked I77. Internet service was good, the equipment in the fitness center was in good working order, the cost was reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo

Hello knurs38723,

So glad you had a trouble free stay. Thank you for leaving us a review. Great to hear that the room was quiet and the internet service good.

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you come back soon to check out some of the new features of the hotel.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for the busted NFL HOF game that was cancelled earlier this month! Although the game was a bust, we still had a great time and the hotel stay was beyond our expectation for such a reasonable cost! There were a lot of other hotel options that may have been this nice or nicer, but they were all at least $100 or more to stay.

The staff was excellent. They called my room shortly after we checked in to make sure the room was good and everything was alright. I can honestly say after the 100's of hotels I have stayed at, this is probably only the 3rd time I received a call like this. The room was clean and comfortable with modern amenities. The breakfast was free and pretty good. They could have had a few more options, but it was better than most cheesy continental breakfast.

I would definitely recommend this as THE PLACE to stay if you are visiting Canton!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple

Hi Carlos,

Wow! Thank you for giving us such an excellent review. I'm so glad to hear you received a call back checking to see if everything was okay. We do realize it's the little things that sometimes make a big difference.

We have recently made some changes. I sure hope you come back for the Hall of Fame game next year and stay again. Thank you so much for staying!