“no customer service”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

went here as part of a birthday party ,my husband got me a diet coke on draught which was warm and flat so when i complained when i was buying my next drink all the manager said was do u want to buy a bottle of coke then ,with no apology so i bought one which was 2.20 ,rip off.next i thought i would try a draught lemonade but that was the same .i ordered scampi and chips which was nice but i had to ask for the tarter sauce.my friend ordered soup and she had no spoon,also my sister had to wait an extra half hour for her food to come so we all ate at different times.i will not be returning i have dined at more reasonable priced places which were a lot better .

There are newer reviews for Traders Arms

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Traders Arms looks great from outside in the evening.
Inside a little dated with a bit of an atmosphere akin to a Doctor's waiting room.
However I wasn't there for a night out, I was on business, on my own and hungry
I wanted the chicken livers having read somebody had rated them highly-they are off the menu.
My fish starter was good. Meat Plate-the house special-not as good as my nan's but ok.
Really fancied a bit of cheese-again sadly unavailable.
Can only echo the sentiments of the visitor below-could do a lot better.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had been going to the Traders for years and always thought the food excellent and good value. Of late however we have been going to other pubs in the vicinity which have modernized their decor and menus and offered early bird menus, steak nights etc. We decided to go back to the Traders recently and were amazed at how quiet it was. What has happened to this place? I can remember a time when people used to queue up waiting for the place to open, when you had to book for a table at weekend. The Traders used to be buzzing but not now. When we dined there last week there were only two other tables occupied and the ambience was non-existent. Our starters and mains were excellent however, although I thought the plate meat pie over-priced given the portion size.

I don't think we will be returning here until we see more cars outside, the atmosphere of a pub restaurant is nearly as important as the food. Come on Thwaites, don't let Mellor lose this lovely little pub that has been part of the community for years. Get the early bird offers going again and compete with the other pubs down the hill which have taken your trade. Invest in modern bathrooms, make the place welcoming again and you will get your customers back including us.

1  Thank Pandion
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fantastic staff great service very homely and a great atmosphere food was really good a real hub of the community

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited The Trader's Arms for a Friday lunch. Yet again we were not disappointed. We have had quite a few meals here as it is local to us. My husband chose the fish & chips and the size of the fish was huge! Batter light and fluffy and a generous portion of chips and mushy peas. I had the Angus burger with extra cheese which came with home cooked chips, salad and lightly battered onion rings. You wait quite a while but this only goes to show that the food is freshly cooked to order. To finish I had the blueberry cheesecake and home made ice cream - Delicious!! It was very nicely presented and the ice cream was divine. Very reasonable prices and very good value for money. The bar man and waitress were really friendly and made us feel very welcome. This cosy village pub is one of our favourites!