“Pricy sweets”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Lovely main course of Fish, Chips, and Mushy Peas. Also, good selection of beers. Very expensive sweets, averaging about £5! Silly really, because we went home and got the Ice Cream out, we didn't want to pay £1.75 a scoop!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

good choice of food, specials board was good, great fish choice, staff nice, decor nothing special but mellor is a lovely village,

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Last time I dined at the traders was many years ago so thought I would give it a go for Sunday lunch , it wasn't very busy but I chose from the 2 course set menu which was excellent I had chicken livers for starters which was very tasty followed by roast beef & all the trimmings for mains
The only downside to my experience was the drinks prices , I'm a real ale fan so opted to go for a pint of the " village idiot" but at a whopping £3.40 a pint!!!! It was me who felt like the idiot!!!! , the most I pay for real ale is £2.30 a pint so yes a total rip off , all in all a good experience but come on traders arms get your drink prices down!!

1  Thank wozer
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I took a friend here for lunch midweek and it was really quiet. The food was good value , excellently prepared with fresh ingredients

1  Thank Bigjohn55
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The place is a land mark in Lancashire and deserves the good reputation it has.