“Saturday tea”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great service service at the bar dined here to get out the house and have a break I ordered lancashire supper it was strips of ham with cheese and onions and a fried egg on top with a lovely sauce poured on it was served with chips they soaked up the sauce as they re very large chips. Staff were very helpful and made sure you re ok and your food was served fine. My hubby had fillet steak 4 oz it was cooked well done and was cooked to perfection they served this with a choice of potatoes he chose new potatoes then the veg came separate the carrots were quite bland and the broccoli was too which may suggest overlooked veg but we did tell the staff and they stated they will inform the chef .. Overall a great pub just in our village price were intermediate but fair would recommend this pub for a treat

1  Thank rea002

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Dined here for the 2nd time on a New Years Eve after finding that most restuarrants only offer set meals at stupidly high prices. The staff are really helpful, the menu is varied and there is something to suit everyone as we had children with us.The food is tasty and fresh, you dont have a long wait which is a bonus when dining with kids.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Great food in pleasant surroundings . This place looks fairly insignificant from outside but the food and service is never disappointing. All the food is home cooked and the menu is surprisingly long , plenty of choice for all and for every occasion. Very good value !

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I've often driven past the Traders Arms, but never had the opportunity to visit. However, we decided to book last weekend. The menu was fabulous - great choice and excellent service. I would say it was a welcoming, country pub - I was amased at how many locals seemed to visit (sadly not a regular site these days). The only thing that slightly spoilt our evening was the draft - it went very cool after 10.00 pm - I think this was from the front door (but, to be honest, we were well away from the door). I would definately go again - but perhaps not in the middle of winter!!

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I normally go to the Traders a couple of times a month, and went today (18.12) taking a group of family members with me. Unfortunately the reception whilst not rude was as chilly as the snow outside and the food way below the quality normally expected here. The beefburgers had what can only be described as a horrible aftertaste, and much of the food was left on the plate. Its a shame because I don't think I will be going again because of poor food and poor service.