“Excellent hotel, staff and Wedding”

Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Langho
GreenLeadersGold level
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, staff and Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had our wedding at this hotel on 01/02/2013. From the minute we went to look round the venue all the staff were so friendly and helpful. On the day the venue looked amazing, the staff were friendly and Michael helped the day run so smoothly. Everyone commented how relaxed the hotel was. Most of the guests stopped over and we all had lovely rooms, the hotel was so quiet and the room had a fab view of the golf course, no one wanted to leave! Our bridal suit was lovely, the breakfast was excellent and we want to stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle R
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of your wedding. It was an amazing day from start to finish and I think we were as happy to have you here, as you were to be here. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Meliden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend; it had been a Christmas present from our daughter and son-in-law. They had paid for an executive room for us with dinner and breakfast included. From our arrival to our departure the staff were very friendly and helpful, with lots of nice personal touches.The room was excellent, spotlessly clean and the food great. It was a very relaxing weekend for us and we would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Make your needs known
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike A
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Mytton Fold Hotel. We pride ourselves on our customer serivce and I am glad that we have helped to ensure you had a wonderful visit and Christmas present. We look forward to welcoming you both back.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends wedding and as we had travelled so far we stayed the night before.
Upon entering the room we thought something was wrong as for that price the room was basic. You couldn't sit on the sofa as the springs were right near the surface and the tv faces the bed not the sofa anyway.
Upon having a shower at bedtime we noticed there was a lot of mould around the bath. This was reported the next morning but we weren't moved and the bath wasn't cleaned
The beds are the most uncomfortable myself or my family have slept in. Out of five rooms, nor one of us got a good night sleep.
The breakfast is a different matter! If you like your bacon dry, your black pudding soggy and your fried bread tough then this is the place for you. We had no choice where to seat as they had already decided for us. The bad food continued into the wedding meal which was tasteless and three hours later had me being sick (I don't drink and had only eaten food at the hotel).
If I had my chance again I would have stayed somewhere else and driven in to the hotel.
I informed the staff on leaving that the beds were terrible and the mould hadn't been sorted but I was just handed my bill and thanked for the feedback.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank HBLMGC
Thank you for giving us your feedback, we normally recieve glowing feedback about our rooms and breakfast, but on this occasion we seem to have fallen below our normal standards and for this I can only apologise and hope that you will return and see how good we really can be.

Biddulph, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend to mark my partner's birthday and have to say it was a very good choice. The service was excellent throughout starting with check in when we were shown to our room after a friendly welcome. Our room was a good size and the bathroom was larger than normal. We enjoyed breakfast on both mornings - its always better at a hotel like this where the hot food is freshly cooked to order. As the weather wasn't too good we decided not to drive anywhere and went for a very pleasant walk in the area using an OS may provided by the hotel.
On our return from the walk we had a nice snack in the bar from an extensive menu at reasonable prices. We had dinner in splendid isolation as of the few guests staying none of the others chose to eat in the restaurant. The meal was good with reasonable prices and as requested they supplied a cake for my partner accompanied by a rendition of Happy Birthday from the staff. Check out was quick with the bill already made up.
Overall a great break and hopefully we will return in better weather and I can enjoy a round of golf.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Mytton Fold Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your partner had a good birthday. Here at Mytton Fold we really pride ourselves on our customer serivce and I am glad that on this occasion we met our vision. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions and have found it to be a very pleasant and relaxing place for a short break. The hotel staff are friendly and accommodating and rooms are generally finished to a good standard. The hotel has a slightly eclectic mix of old and new buildings and the newer wing has the best rooms. The older rooms though nice, are a little cold as the one I was in had a radiator too small for such a big room. The newer rooms have underfloor heating and are fine- in fact very good. Beds are clean, comfortable and plenty of hot water too. Showers and baths are also good. I would recommend requesting on of the newer rooms when you book- the older ones will soon be in need of refurbishment if the hotel is to keep its generally high standards. I booked room only so cannot comment on the quality of the breakfasts or other meals.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing- they are very good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rockboffin
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write you review of Mytton Fold Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Unfortunately I was unable to attend my christmas works do back in December due to being ill. I'd paid for the meal for my husband and myself.
After phoning up the hotel and explaining the situation, I asked if it was at all possible to have a refund or maybe have a voucher for a meal another evening as I'd paid £66, the manageress took my number and said to leave it with her. She phoned back offering me a refund but had lost the deposit, so I received £35. I was over the moon, as I wasn't well enough to attend I just presumed I would have to loose all the money I paid.
Extremely helpful and very kind to offer a refund.
Thanks.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Laura K
Thank you for taking the time to post your reivew of Mytton Fold, even though you didn't end up visiting I am glad to hear that your experience was a good one. And of course we hope you are able to visit soon.

Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My daughter,(Amanda Claire-Jones) a Singer/Actress, who lives in London, phoned me early last December and said she was appearing at the Mytton Fold Hotel later that month at a function, and would love my wife and I to attend as we live not too far away in the north of England.

I telephoned the hotel and they were very helpful in organising tickets to the event, and, as we had decided to stay over after the function, they arranged an executive room for us at a very favourable rate.

Arriving on the day we were welcomed and taken to our room by a very pleasant young lady who explained all we needed to make our stay enjoyable.( Not many hotels show you to your room these days)

The meal and event went very well and, together with some other friends we had invited along, rounded off the evening with a few "nightcaps"

Breakfst the next morning was very well presented and of good quality and our table had our name on it which was a nice touch. Barbara, another member of the family, was keeping an eye on everything at "front of house" to ensure all went well.

Whilst we cannot comment on the fitness centre or swimming pool, if they are run the same family friendly way I am sure all would have been well there.

Highly recommended if you are in the area anytime. Well done to all the staff !!

Room Tip: Executive room are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arnieadviser
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Mytton Fold Hotel. We pride ourselves on our good customer service and I am glad that on this occasion we didnt disappoint. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langho
Foxfields Country Hotel
BEST WESTERN Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
Sparth House Hotel
Sparth House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Clayton le Moors

Been to Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf? Share your experiences!