My partner and I stayed here on NYE to attend a friend's wedding, and I have to say that overall we were very impressed throughout. We arrived at around 11:30am with our suitcases and bags and although we were aware that we had arrived well before check in time, the receptionist did everything she could to find a room for us.
As it happened, she couldn't get in touch with anyone from housekeeping to check if our room was available but she did store our bags behind the desk for us whilst we went through to the bar lounge area. When she did find a room for us, she even took our bags to the room for us and came to find us to give us our key. I didn't catch the girl's name, but I thought she displayed an excellent level of service.
There was even a guy ahead of us who couldn't check into a room, but she arranged a place where he could at least get showered and changed - I have stayed at other hotels that wouldn't have cared to help at all.
The wedding itself was very well organised. We were all in the Abbey Suite, which was a very spacious room with modern and tasteful decoration but still in keeping with the hotel as a whole. The food was excellent - so often you go to weddings at hotels where the food is served too dry or too cold and always in stingy portions, but on this occasion completely the opposite was true. The beef was served medium-rare and was easy to cut through, and the chicken was well cooked and juicy. The buffet later also offered a great range of light bites. The waiting staff also did an excellent job throughout.
The majority of the bar staff were also excellent, although there was one guy who I think was a manager who served me a white wine and soda in a tall glass. When I asked him for a large wine glass he told me that there weren't any, despite being stood in front if a shelf full of large wine glasses! I didn't really argue the point though and just took the round back to the table. The same guy on 2 occasions tried serving me a summer fruits Kopparberg when I'd asked for a pear so I think he needs to improve his product knowledge - though for me this whole issue was more comical than it was frustrating.
When we did get to the room (207), we were again very impressed. Though not the largest room we have ever stayed in, they were very well decorated with all the amenities you would expect and then some. The bed was comfortable, the TV had a good range of channels including Sky Sports and there was a decent sized wardrobe too.
The bathroom was also very impressive with its decent sized bath, power shower and range of complimentary toiletries. My only slight gripe with the rooms is that the floorboards are very creaky, both in the rooms and on the corridors. The walls aren't very thick and you could quite clearly hear people walking down the corridors at night - it almost sounded at one point like they were walking through our bathroom. It didn't really affect my sleep too much but I reckon it might do with someone who is a lighter sleeper than I.
Other points; I know Best Western use the fact they offer complimentary Wi-Fi as one of their USPs and I found it to be easy to connect to and a good speed throughout. The breakfast was also of a very good standard with plenty to choose from. Again, the staff were a credit here - they were aware of us and very welcoming. Manners cost nothing and staff who smile will always make a guest feel more welcome - even a housekeeper smiled and said "good morning" as she held the door open for us. You definitely don't get that in all hotels!
All in all, we both had a very pleasant stay and would use this hotel again if the need and opportunity arose again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 43 Bedroomed hotel with a 18 hole par 70 golf course which is FREE to residents after 4pm. Fabulous dining options, fantastic Wedding Venue, extensive gardens, great conference facilities. Ample FREE parking. Disability Level 2 Accredited with 3 Fully Accessible bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mytton Fold Hotel And Golf Complex
- Mytton Fold Hotel Complex
- Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf Lancashire