Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Langho
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on NYE to attend a friend's wedding, and I have to say that overall we were very impressed throughout. We arrived at around 11:30am with our suitcases and bags and although we were aware that we had arrived well before check in time, the receptionist did everything she could to find a room for us.
As it happened, she couldn't get in touch with anyone from housekeeping to check if our room was available but she did store our bags behind the desk for us whilst we went through to the bar lounge area. When she did find a room for us, she even took our bags to the room for us and came to find us to give us our key. I didn't catch the girl's name, but I thought she displayed an excellent level of service.
There was even a guy ahead of us who couldn't check into a room, but she arranged a place where he could at least get showered and changed - I have stayed at other hotels that wouldn't have cared to help at all.

The wedding itself was very well organised. We were all in the Abbey Suite, which was a very spacious room with modern and tasteful decoration but still in keeping with the hotel as a whole. The food was excellent - so often you go to weddings at hotels where the food is served too dry or too cold and always in stingy portions, but on this occasion completely the opposite was true. The beef was served medium-rare and was easy to cut through, and the chicken was well cooked and juicy. The buffet later also offered a great range of light bites. The waiting staff also did an excellent job throughout.
The majority of the bar staff were also excellent, although there was one guy who I think was a manager who served me a white wine and soda in a tall glass. When I asked him for a large wine glass he told me that there weren't any, despite being stood in front if a shelf full of large wine glasses! I didn't really argue the point though and just took the round back to the table. The same guy on 2 occasions tried serving me a summer fruits Kopparberg when I'd asked for a pear so I think he needs to improve his product knowledge - though for me this whole issue was more comical than it was frustrating.

When we did get to the room (207), we were again very impressed. Though not the largest room we have ever stayed in, they were very well decorated with all the amenities you would expect and then some. The bed was comfortable, the TV had a good range of channels including Sky Sports and there was a decent sized wardrobe too.
The bathroom was also very impressive with its decent sized bath, power shower and range of complimentary toiletries. My only slight gripe with the rooms is that the floorboards are very creaky, both in the rooms and on the corridors. The walls aren't very thick and you could quite clearly hear people walking down the corridors at night - it almost sounded at one point like they were walking through our bathroom. It didn't really affect my sleep too much but I reckon it might do with someone who is a lighter sleeper than I.

Other points; I know Best Western use the fact they offer complimentary Wi-Fi as one of their USPs and I found it to be easy to connect to and a good speed throughout. The breakfast was also of a very good standard with plenty to choose from. Again, the staff were a credit here - they were aware of us and very welcoming. Manners cost nothing and staff who smile will always make a guest feel more welcome - even a housekeeper smiled and said "good morning" as she held the door open for us. You definitely don't get that in all hotels!

All in all, we both had a very pleasant stay and would use this hotel again if the need and opportunity arose again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanielAD01
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay here at Mytton Fold. I am glad you were very impressed as we work hard to ensure that every guest has the best possible stay with us. I am happy to read that our receptionist Natalie showed how good we can be, by following the service guidelines we have in place. We pride ourselves on our food and I am happy to read that you agreed with us. I am sorry that there were a few mix ups with the bar staff, I think the person you mentioned has been away from the bars for a little while, so was a little 'on the catch up' but you will hopefully be please to know that he is fully up to speed now. Unfortunatly some of our rooms are quite old and although they have been recently refurbed, the odd creak is inevitable. Our housekeeper is over the moon to get a mention as sometimes they forget that something that we all do, can sometimes be missing in other hotels. Again thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great family meal (approx 50 adults and children) at Mytton Fold today to celebrate a 91st birthday. The food and service was excellent and the staff were friendly. This was a return visit as we had such a good time last year - looking forward to next year!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DestinationNZ

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review of Mytton Fold hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and we too look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at Mytton Fold on Boxing Day evening, very pleasant greeting on entering the hotel, and excellent first impressions. Being shown to our room these days is very unusual and a nice gesture. Ours was an excellent room with very, very comfortable bed. Hotel was very clean and nicely decorated. Very pleasant waiting staff serving an excellent breakfast - nothing too much trouble, a nice touch was a name card on our table. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the area.
We cannot comment on the swimming pool or fitness centre as we did not use them.
Many thanks for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony T

Thank you for taking the time to review Mytton Fold hotel. We have worked hard at our first impressions and am glad that the hard work pays off. We find showing our guests to the rooms harks back to the early days of the hotel and we are not keen to let that aspect of our service go. we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at Mytton Fold Hotel on Boxing Day evening wonderful staff and accommodation.
Very clean, excellent food, service and defiantly excellent value for money. would stay again and strongly recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Mytton Fold Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the food excellent as well as the service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just attended a wedding here and stayed overnight. Situated in lovely, peaceful countryside the hotel is an ideal place for any function, with lovely gardens for the pictures. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being intrusive; sorry guys, wish I had taken names, you all deserved an individual mention. The wedding breakfast, evening buffet and breakfast next morning were excellent. The room was a little tired but very clean with all the amenities; I understand all rooms are being upgraded. Reasonably priced for such a location and standard. It gets a highly recommended from us.

Room Tip: 208 was over the main entrance but still very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for takin gthe time to write your review of your stay with us here at Mytoon Fold hotel. We pride ourselves on our good service so I am glad that you felt well looked after. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Mytton Fold is a great location and very quiet, despite being remarkably close to Blackburn.

Although the decor is a little dated the service is excellent; two examples: I was shown to my room by a member of staff (Ithought that had disappeared as a service long-a-go) and in the morning a table was set for breakfast complete with name card - excellent!

The food is high quality and the restaurant service of equal standard. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

This is an excellent place to stay and has a bonus of free wifi to your room - that saves £10 at least, so consider this when looking at the room rates.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay here at Mytton Fold. We pride ourselves on our service and still show people to their rooms as we think this is the best way to ensure that each and every guest is well looked after. Again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have recently got married in the middle of November 2012.
Everything went perfect from the wedding ceremony, the meal and evening reception.

The staff at this hotel, Donna, Sarah and Lisa just to mention a few was always very helpful, professional and a real pleasure to work with.

We would also like to mention the Chef Tony Eccles for the fantastic food. He catered for different types of dietary requirements all to a excellent standard.
We stayed at the hotel a few nights and so did a lot of our friends and family. They all throughly enjoyed their stay, the rooms was well set out and very clean, breakfast was also excellent.

This hotel and its staff gave us a day we will never forget for all the right reasons.

We did not want our day to end.

Thank you so much Mytton fold for everything.

Nicola & Dan x

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Mytton Fold Hotel. It was a wonderful day for all and I know that everyone involved also had a fabulous time. We look for forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langho
Foxfields Country Hotel
Best Western Higher Trapp Country House Hotel
The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall
Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel & Spa
Stanley House Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Ribble Valley Langho Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf? Share your experiences!