The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall(Langho)(Great Value!)
$75
$65
$115
  • Breakfast included
$91
$87
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton le Moors)
$80
$73
$70
$84
$57
PremierInn.com
Hotwire.com
All reviewsribble valleywedding venueabbey suiteevening receptionlovely weddingwedding breakfastbridal suitefour poster bedexecutive roomevening mealbreakfast was excellentfollowing morningbar areaone night stayfull englishnothing is too much troubletoast
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay at the Mytton Fold on average 6 times a year & highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are comfortable, clean & well appointed. The bar food is very good too - make sure you have a big appetite as the portions are very generous!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Michael H, Manager at Best Western Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to place this review of Mytton Fold and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went to the Mytton Fold with a party of ladies for an evening with Jamie who was 'entertaining' us with cookery demonstrations for ideas for Christmas fayre. We had a two course meal, already chosen and booked from the menu prior to the evening and the dessert was a mystery, meant to coincide with the cookery demonstration.

I had prawn, celery and apple salad served on lettuce with rose marie sauce and a slice of buttered brown bread cut into four triangles. Nothing to go wrong with there but served without any finesse or garnish and, I have to say, one of the smallest portions of starter I have ever seen. Undaunted I waited for the next course. OMG, Lamb Cutlets on a bed of mash with vegetables served seperately. Everyone else sat on the table who had ordered the lamb cutlets had the same problem with the meat, it was so tough and chewy that it was impossible to cut with the knife let alone eat. It tasted awful. It was poor cheap cut of meat that someone had tried to disguise into, 'lamb cutlets'. It should have been cooked forever to get it tender and edible. What was worse was the gravy, which was all over the plate and the mash was sat in it, was full of lamb fat. When the food had gone cold, the fat congealed on the plate and looked like a plate full of lard. Now for the dessert.

I hadn't realised that we were given a demonstration of making desserts and were then served the same type of dessert, 'made earlier'. The guy who did the demonstration did not know the meaning of hygiene. He did not wear the blue rubber gloves which are mandatory for any type of commercial food preparation, he used a wet cloth repeatedly to wipe a knife which he brandished at his audience with relish, one slip and half of the audience/diners would have been on the way to hospital in an ambulance from the damage the knife would have caused. He had no sense of safety, hygiene, presentation or entertainment. His jokes fell flat as a pancake but the worse was when he was putting some wine into a dessert he was demonstrating and TOOK A SLUG OF THE WINE OUT OF THE BOTTLE HE WAS POURING IT FROM into the dessert. Everyone gasped in absolutely shock and disgust, he then tried to laugh it off by making a comment saying something like, "what are you all bothered about, did it all the time". He was oblivious to the disgust in the room. When the dessert came around, needless to say, we all tasted it with trepidation. My friend sat next to me tasted a cream cheese based dessert and said this is sour, we then tasted it and completely agreed, the dessert was sour. I couldn't believe that we had paid for this disgusting meal plus outrageous and unhygienic display from a man who said that he taught at a college. To make matters worse, the OWNER of Mytton Fold was dining in the room at the same time and did not attempt to stop him. Surely, the kitchen's must have realised that the lamb had been sent back. The waitresses were laughing AT him and were fully aware of our opinion of the food and the so called 'entertainment'. 'Quel damage' to Mytton Fold's reputation as diners go away and tell their colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gemini096
BBryan, Owner at Best Western Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I am very sorry that you hadn’t realised that the edible treats nights meant a demonstration of desserts and things that you could make for Christmas. I can only apologise if you didn’t find the people that were demonstrating appropriate as for the last 2 years they have been well received. Following feedback from the previous events we decided to serve the dessert they were making, giving everyone a chance to sample the many choices on offer.
I have noted your comments about the food and spoken to both chef and the front of house staff who were both upset to read your thoughts as they are 100% behind Mytton Fold. My mother was actually present at the evening and has talked me through the event and I am comfortable that the people demonstrating were only trying to be humorous so I am sorry if this wasn’t to your taste.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Some parts of the hotel were still a little dated, but our room was lovely. We had a four poster bed and the room looked like it had been recently decorated, bathroom was a little dated but it was functionable so no complaints there. Rate was reasonable for the quality of the room, was disappointed that breakfast wasnt included in the rate and reception did not ask me if I wanted to purchase as an extra. Another little niggle, we were rudely awoken at 8.30am by the early morning golfers who congregated outside our room, we must have been above the caddy storage area! But overall - would recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent posting and feedback

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My organization has held many events hosted by this Hotel and Country Club from 80 place formal dinners to small informal gatherings and parties. The hotel is welcoming and the staff are excellent. I don't think anybody goes away disappointed. They always go the extra mile.
M. O'Grady, Blackburn

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Mytton Fold Hotel, as we are a small 'family' teram it is great to read such a positive review and I think I speak for the whole team when I say that we really do enjoy looking after the guests that past through our door, from the formal dinners to the small gahterings to the hotel guest each day. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff so helpful nothing ever to much trouble even when the hotel is busy stayed there for 10 nights for work food fab toy can eat in bar or restaurant ..... Rooms clean and modern would stay again .....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott M

Thank you for taking the time to post this review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the not oo distant future.