The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall(Langho)(Great Value!)
$75
$65
$324
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsribble valleywedding venueabbey suiteevening receptionlovely weddingwedding breakfastbridal suitefour poster bedexecutive roomevening mealbreakfast was excellentfollowing morningbar areaone night stayfull englishnothing is too much troubletoast
Reviewed March 1, 2012

What a lovely couple of nights. The staff were fantastic, great food and extremely comfortable room. I can't wait to go back when work dictates. The only issue was the price of the beer, but a 2 minute walk takes you to a wonderful local where a pint was £1.54. Breakfasts were fab and the whole place had a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Each year our Society celebrates St. George’s Day at Mytton Fold with a typically English dish of roast beef followed by traditional songs and flag-waving. The Royal Society of St. George, Blackburn and East Lancashire Branch always receives a warm welcome and fine service from courteous, efficient and friendly staff. From the day we fix the date to the final chorus of the National Anthem, Donna listens patiently to our requests, gives polite advice and all the team ensure that the evening runs smoothly. In fact, we feel cherished at Mytton Fold.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write and post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your night with us and we look forward to seeing you all again very soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

As a Scottish Society, we held our Burns Night Dinner Dance here and had a very enjoyable evening. The room looked lovely, the meal was good and we all had a great time.
I would like to thank the staff at Mytton Fold (especially Donna) for ensuring that we had a memorable evening.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
BBryan, Owner at Best Western Mytton Fold Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post your review. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable evening here with us at Mytton Fold and we hope to see you again soon. I have passed on your comments to the staff at our staff meeting. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We all went with the ladies from our golf club on Sun 18th Feb on arrival the duty manager was joking with all the ladies, and the welcome from all the staff was 1st rate, the pro was so helpful, gave us all free course planners, nothing was too much trouble, the evening meal was well organised, the food was fair, the service exellent led by Lisa Morris, breakfast was superb, the atmospere was warm and friendly, the hositality 10/10.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write and post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back at Mytton Fold in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Booked a superior DOUBLE a year ago as aspecial treat for my wife and I as it was my nephews wedding so DISCOUNTED rate of £97.00 was the cost for this special day for our special room.

On arrival there was no welcome greeting or small chat to ask our our journery had been just "Do you want to book in?" We took the key and was directed to the room. WE were excited at the fact that this room would be special. It was because it waqs for Disabled persons, NO double bed but 2 SINGLES we were deeply disappointed. We decided not to make a fuss because my newphews special day wedding breakfast was about to start shortly.

We both had a terrible nights sleep on the thin single beds, we had not slept on a single bed for over 25 years (no I am not making this up). Our special day was completly ruined.

The next morning I went to reception to ask why we had been given such a room? Remember DISCOUNTED rate of £97.00? The receptionist said "Sorry, Don't know". I said that we had book a double room she said "SHould of said yesterday", I said that you should of got it right in the first place, only taken a year to get it right and I did not want to ruin my nephews day by complaining as he and his wife were having the reception. The receiption just said sorry and gave me my change and that was that in her opinion. Pure arrrogance I believe?

I would not recommend this hotel as the staff come accross complacecent and are in need or re-training in their customer skills, the hotel is far too expence for the type of room offered.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

First of all my I thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review. I was disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. If you had mentioned on the day that the room wasn't satisfactory I am sure that we would have been able to move you with no problem. Unfortunately if nobody tells us there is a problem we can't even being to rectify it. I am very surprised about your comment on the customer service as this is very rare as we are praised more often than not for the friendly and accommodating staff. I can only apolgise for this instance and make sure this doesn't happen again.