The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall
$65
$94
$72
$70
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton le Moors)
$91
$62
PremierInn.com
$144
$134
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel(Blackburn)(Great Value!)
$81
Hotwire.com
All reviewsribble valleysecurity barriertraining groundblackburn roversnearby weddingattending a weddingblack bullgated communitythomas suitebusiness tripthree roomspowerful showerovernight staythe ground floormitton halllovely hotelchecking out
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A good place to stay if you're thinking about eating at Northcote, just a few minutes taxi ride away, but want to spare the wallet too much damage.

Janet and Peter were extremely helpful and made our stay very pleasurable, even accommodating our late night drinking session. We thought breakfast was very acceptable and the rooms were comfortable and tidy though losing a couple of marks for one or two ageing fitments and no drinks making facilities. We'd stay there again if heading up into that (beautiful) part of England.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I hadn't really done any research on this hotel prior to my visit as it was booked for me for a family event where pretty much our entire family were staying.
Langho is a very quiet area, I was a little bit wary on driving up to the hotel as it's in what appears to be a gated community and it's safe to say there's not that much around, unless you're a Blackburn Rovers fan (the training ground is right next door). However at a first glance the hotel is really quite pleasant.
The reason for the visit was a family wedding and as a family we are not small and personally I think the staff looked after us marvellously and it's quite fair to say they put up with A LOT from us.
25 of us had dinner there on the first night which was great, went off without a hitch and the food was lovely and the bar staff were very friendly. Breakfast was also very nice, the first morning we had breakfast was a little chaotic but I think this was largely due to the fact that a large amount of us descended on the staff all at once.
I was lucky enough to stay in one of the suites which was really lovely, very well done out, with a large bed in one room and two sofa beds in the other. My only niggle was that the sofa beds were hideously uncomfortable and they did give me quite a bad back after my first night there but it didn't necessary ruin my stay. The rooms were nice and clean, and relatively up to date, some areas could do with a lick of paint but again its nothing to write home about.
Overall I don't really have any complaints about this hotel, they made what was already an amazing weekend quite a lot more enjoyable by having friendly staff and a nice venue to head back to after a long day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A slightly disorganised front desk and a shabby room which probably could have done with another clean. The breakfast wasn't great but the polite an friendly staff made up for this.

Fairly reasonably priced as long as you're only looking for somewhere to rest.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After reading the reviews I was really looking forward to my stay. Unfortunately I did not have a pleasant experience and ended up checking out early.
The hotel is quite pleasant and the rooms are large and the new extension of the Atrium and bar area is very comfortable. However the lack of cleanliness was a major problem for me. the cover on the bed was covered in stains, a dirty glass had been put back, wrapped, into the bathroom and the cutlery at breakfast was dirty. There were several other problems in the room which normally I would have ignoredn and put it down to being a bit "shabby" but I was treated with such disdain when I complained to the male staff on reception who obviously needs training in customer service. Although the cooked breakfast was ok there was no fruit, fresh or otherwise, no yoghurt and no brown bread available on the first morning.

All in all not a great hotel and I certainly will not be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank dovecrystals
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Pleasant on arrival, easy check in, room lovely and staff nice and polite. Breakfast was either full English or alternative to suit. The Venue bar/restaurant next door caters for all your food and drink needs and the staff are very welcoming.
Overall a beautiful stay and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family