The Avenue Hotel at Brockhall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sefton Hotel(Douglas)
  • Pool
Sparth House Hotel(Clayton le Moors)
Swan & Royal(Clitheroe)
View Hotel
All reviewsribble valleysecurity barriertraining groundblackburn roversattending a weddingblack bullgated communitythomas suitebusiness trippowerful showerthe ground floormitton hallovernight stayquiet locationchecking outan ironstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Clean, comfortable, well-appointed. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast in the adjacent restaurant up to standard although the lack of black pudding (famous in this area) was surprising. A faulty toilet flush was my only negative. Value for money. I would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Our allotted room was not the one promised - administration error.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here as we had a dinner booked at the nearby Northcote.
The hotel is adjacent to the Blackburn Rovers training ground.
Our experience was a bit of a mixed bag if I'm honest. The challenge is that the hotel is decorated in neutral beige colours - very tastefully done, but not practical for a hotel & its is starting to show signs of wear & tear.

+ ves
Very pleasant welcome & check in.
Room is very spacious, comfortable & quiet.
You get a lot of room for your money
Excellent breakfast in the adjacent Bistro

- ves
Starting to look a little frayed
Bathroom lighting very poor - they are using weak LED lights
Old type CRT TV. All hotels should have flat screens now
Shower had obviously leaked in the past and been repaired, however the plinth under the shower tray had not been painted and there was mould on the carpet where cubicle abuts the bedroom.

Would I stay again? Yes I would - the price I paid was great value and the above are niggles rather than complaints.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I felt compelled to write following my recent stay at The Avenue. I booked the hotel for myself and friends as a stay over the night before my wedding at Eaves Hall. the booking was done on the phone and I hadn't visited before we checked in. I have to say that as somebody who worken in travel for many years I was impressed. The rooms were excellent and the hotel had listened to our needs (I needed lots of room to accommodate a very large dress). They even gave me a wedding card and flowers to celebrate my big day which was a wonderful and thoughful gesture. All the staff were excellent and could not do enough and the same goes for the adjoining restaurant and Spa. I could not have asked for more and when checking out the next day, they arranged for some of my gests to have a late check out as they could not check in to Eaves hall until 2. All in all, a wonderful hotel that I would recommend to anybody and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel, they accommodated all our needs.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked a room here to attend a wedding nearby. On booking we advised that the wedding was due to start at 2pm which is the normal check in time we were then advised that we could have an early check in time of 12.30.

As it happened we arrived closer to the time of the wedding than expected and was greeted with a warm welcome from Janet who quickly showed us to our room and provided us with directions to the wedding venue which helped us arrive in time.

The next morning we were provided with a hearty breakfast at the nearby restaurant we would defiantly book to stay here again !!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in the thomas suite...what a lovely room it was....it had everything we needed including a fridge..the staff were very welcoming....We had dinner at the NO 1 restaurant which was superb...wished we had stopped for another night instead of going on to eaves hall for the wedding, which was a terrible experience to say the least.....We will be returning again to this gem of a Hotel....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family