1,260 results
All reviews tasting menu gourmet dinner complimentary soft drinks half bottle of champagne wine package louis roederer wine flight amuse bouche coffee and petit fours matched wines birthday treat ribble valley deluxe room nigel haworth garden lodge lisa allen a michelin star restaurant
Reviewed September 7, 2018

I never really 'got' the whole Michelin Star restaurant thing but having had the 6 course taster meal recently I was blown away! How on earth can you make 'pulled pork canapes' taste so amazing and that was just the beginning. Lisa and her team made me realise that you don't need large portion sizes when the food tastes so amazing as your brain wouldn't be able to cope with it if you did! The glasses of wine matched to each course was also a revelation and I'm now a convert. The accommodation was superbly comfy, every member of staff we encountered was very good at their job, friendly and very polite. The staff are very knowledgeable and obviously very proud of their roll in the business. I would recommend Northcote to anyone and we have made ourselves a promise to return very soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine O
LouiseP3132, Manager at Northcote Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Christine O

Thank you for such a fantastic review, we are so pleased you loved our tasting menu as much as we do. Every menu Lisa creates blows my mind also! Hopefully we see you again soon for our latest menu and new 'butter pie' canapés!

Many thanks

Reviewed September 2, 2018

There was not one bad word I can say , excellent in everyway, from the greeting, to the checkout,staff were friendly and couldn’t do enough for you ,The food was also excellent, did the 6 course tasting menu and the wines were amazing

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux

Dear charliedLeeds

Thank you for choosing Northcote and for sharing your feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, all the staff work so hard to exceed the guests expectations and ensure everyone has a wonderful and memorable time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

A nice lunch, but considering you’re entering a Michelin star restaurant, you’d expect better!

The food was nice but there wasn’t a hint of a wow factor! The dessert was huge and just like you’d get at a local pub. The Bakewell tart was like a large wedge of cheese, it was dry and brittle.

The service of course is impeccable and the earl grey tea was outstanding but you can’t base everything on the tea.

We miss the lovely Sommelier Jefferson who was incredibly charming but c’est la vie! Won’t be in a rush to go back.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank GluteusMaximus1992

Dear GluteusMaximus1992

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I am sorry to hear we have let you down on this occasion.
If you're happy to discuss the above issues with me you can contact me directly at louise.peel@northcote.com
I would be interested to hear more about your last visit as we don't have a bakewell tart on the menu and Jefferson hasn't worked with us for over 1.5 years.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch,

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 28, 2018

We had an overnight package at Northcote and, having been a few times before, we were blown away by the food. The room we had was very generously proportioned and beautifully serviced, the problem was that the room spec is just starting to lag behind what you would expect for the sort of money you are paying. In our room the decoration was just starting to look a little tired and, perhaps most importantly, over this hot summer there was no air conditioning so it was very difficult to make the room a comfortable temperature to sleep in. A few other things, like USB ports in power sockets and reliable WiFi would have made the experience the absolutely tip top experience I'm sure that Northcote would expect their customers to have.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ollerbarrow
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We booked for our lunchtime visit today in advance via the Internet. I also phoned them to say my son was diabetic and also a celiac, this was our first meal out since having his celiac diagnosis so we were not sure how eating out would go.

When we got there the waiter knew about my son's diabetes and gluten intolerance. Nothing was too much trouble in ensuring my son ate gluten free food. He was able to choose the food he wanted and the kitchen made the necessary tweaks to ensure it was okay to eat.

The non alcoholic drinks were gorgeous and recommend the elderflower and apple Spritzer. The temperance gin and tonic was good too. This wide choice of 'grown up' non alcoholic drinks made a refreshing change to other restaurants who only offer non alcoholic lager. My husband went with the wine recommendations for each of his course choices.

The whole family enjoyed their meal, the food was delicious and the presentation of the food like a work of art. We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear jo888777

Thank you so much for coming to Northcote and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always more than happy to accommodate any dietaries our guests may have and so pleased to read that given it was the first time eating out since being diagnosed coeliac we succeeded in allowing you and your family to relax knowing that all staff were aware and nothing is too much trouble so you can sit back and enjoy your family lunch as you should especially when dining somewhere like Northcote.

We look forward to seeing you again

Kindest