“Lovely place in a beautiful village” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Inn Hornby

Castle Inn Hornby
Ranked #1 of 1 Hornby B&B and Inns
“Lovely place in a beautiful village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was staying with a friend in Hornby and we walked up to the Castle Inn for an evening meal. Immediately I walked through the door I knew it would be wonderful and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Jayne welcomed us and lit the fire in the bar area for us. I asked if I could see the rooms and Jayne was happy to oblige - I'm not surprised, as the rooms are beautiful and so tastefully appointed, definitely 5*. We decided to stay in the bar for our meal, although the bistro looked very inviting as well (next time we'll try the bistro!). The menu was superb, but we decided on the fish and chips which were deliceous, accompanied by a lovely bottle of wine. It was a perfect way to spend my last evening in Hornby, and I'm very envious of my friend who has this delightful place on her doorstep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pixieperson

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wallasey Village
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Having walked into the 'WOW' factor environment of the Hotel, both my mum and I were welcomed by extremely friendly staff.

Before being seated, for what I can only say was the tastiest roast dinner I have had for a long time, we were able to enjoy a light refreshment (of freshly squeezed orange) from the bar in front of on open flame fire.

We had travelled through from Kirkby Lonsdale and look forward to returning to stay in one of the breathtaking rooms that will be available on our return to the Lakes, in Hornby.
If yhou would like to be surrounded by impressive decor and stay in a place with real character and real history - this place is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: When we stay (and I will probably take a partner next time) I would either stay in the room with the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Evening meals were excellent, breakfast was first class in terms of choice, quality and service, accomodation top noch, couldnt fault it.

Room Tip: try the room with the cooper bath very romantic
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank John N
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

we were staying at my daughter in laws family home in hornby and called in for a glass of wine while out walking,the house red was lovely as we settled in this wonderful bar for a bit of a rest.it was very quite at lunch time mid week and we were given a tour around the beautiful refurbished accommadation.It has just 6 rooms but each one is a gem and,i offered to test drive them which was met by a polite smile,but i wasnt taken up on the offer.We booked for dinner on saturday night for 4 adults.What a delight.Im not a foodie or veggie but i had the tempura veg,and mushroom stroganoff and was in heaven,the rest of the family had various gastranomic lovliness and dinner was very quite apart from the oohs and ahhs and shared looks of joy.It was quite busy as they had a birthday bash for about 25 or so going on plus other dinners,but the service was superb and we had a wonderful evening.
We ate in the function room which was warm,rustic and inviting.Jayne runs a fab place and both she and her staff make for a fantastic night.
We booked for Sunday roast which was good value and a smashing end to a lovely few days,the house red,shiraz and merlot can be recommended and went down very well.All the food was of high quality and we cant wait to return.Im waiting for a special occasion when i can try out one of those beautiful rooms,who knows i might not ever leave.
I wish them every success in the future,Hornby you are lucky people!

Room Tip: Rooms from £90-£130 Dinner 3 course aprox £25 incl wine coffee and the odd beer Sunday lunch unde...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sueandrich7
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Was recommended the hotel by a friend whilst on a shooting trip nearby.
Our ensuite room was fitted to an exceptional standard having stayed in several hotels around the lake district/Dales area recently.
The staff and management were both welcoming and helpfull.
The food in both the bar and restaurant was first class,however the restaurant was very busy
and you would need to book.
We found the stay very enjoyable after being pampered for two days.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank npkeltie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornby
Redwell Inn
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,319 reviews
The Lodge Lancaster
The Lodge Lancaster
#2 of 8 in Lancaster

Been to Castle Inn Hornby? Share your experiences!