“Great food, friendly staff”
Review of Hindelinis Cafe

Hindelinis Cafe
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Gisburn
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a gourmet cafe, serving a range of home cooked meals. all meals are prepared and cooked on site, to order, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Staff were always very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I only managed to have breakfast there but the full English breakfast was as good as any that I have ever had. Good quality produce well cooked. The coffee was also excellent.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place boasts as being the Astom Martin of camping . It looks nice. We waited 20 minutes at a table covered in old breakfast plates from the previous people and spilt drinks all over table. Eventually I asked if someone could clear the table as it wasnt even fit to lean on. Nobody did it. I went to get a tray and cleared the table myself. I was watched by staff who didnt seem to mind. I asked for a cloth so I could clean up the table and the manager asked a member of staff to do it. After another 5 minute wait I had to ask again. A waitress came 5 minutes later and casually wiped only part of the table with a cloth that hadnt been wrung out at all. No detergents were used and the mess she left was similar to someone having poored a pint glass of water over the table. I had to go and get some tissues, clean off the remaining old ripped condiment papers off the table, clean up the excess water and finish off cleaning the parts of the table she couldnt be bothered doing. Needless to say, my cloth wasnt just wet, it was black with dirt I had just cleaned off the surface of the table. I also got further clotrhs and cleaned the seats which were full of old breakfast previous customers had left. There were no appologies from staff. After waiting another 10 minutes with no sign of a waiter or waitress, we ordered at the counter waiting in a queue whilst the server prepared ice cream very very slowly for a customer. Having ordered our drinks and breakfasts we had a wait of another 15 to 20 mins. Breakfast plates came one by one but no drinks or knives and forks. No drinks came. After waiting a long time again I had to get up again and go and ask if we could have knives and forks. The manager asked someone to bring them to us and I returned to my seat. None came. I had to go and ask for them again and eventually got them. Our breakfast by this time were just warm. They were drenched in water and fat and the meal wasnt worth 1 star. Our drinks didnt come and we had to ask for them. Nobody cleared the table when we finished and we had to sit elsewhere. Never mind Aston Martin standards, they are more akin to a rusty wreck in a scrapyard. A shame because it all looks pretty but not clean.

2  Thank HVCI
jovial99, General Manager at Hindelinis Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hi, firstly I'm very sorry this reply is so long after your review, I took over the running of Hindelini's at the end of August 2013 and have spent my time since doing a lot of work to reinvent the cafe. I have just set up this trip advisor account and am now able to offer replies to issues. I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and cannot give you a good explanation as to why this would have happened. All I can do now is apologise and assure you that this is not how we operate and I strive for excellence not only in our food, but in customer service also. Since your visit a lot has changed and if you would consider giving us another try we would love to welcome you. If you do call in please ask for Shane, that's me, and we will look after you and make sure your visit will be remembered for the correct reasons.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had the best 'duck salad' I have ever had - so impressed (fresh with pine nuts) - the service was wonderful. The waitress was friendly and the atmosphere was friendly. I live over 60 miles away but will definately visit again and next time I go I will be bringing friends and family for a meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife was met at the counter with what can only be explained as a loud arrogant and aggressive manner from a dark haired young lady,Who upset my wife and grand child,She asked why the lady was shouting,we shall not return if the in the reception

4  Thank 750michael
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have been here many times and particularly enjoy a relaxed breakfast on Sunday. The food is cooked to order so be prepared to wait a while especially when the place is busy, although lots of papers and magazines to browse.

Having said that the place could be better organised.

Warning: be aware of the 'sleeping policemen) on the drive if you don't wish to damage your car suspension!!