“RELAXING BREAK”
Review of Ribblesdale Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gisburn
Ribblesdale Park
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed at Ribblesdale Park in Darcy Lodge for a 4day break .Beautiful lodge clean and spacious used hot tub every night after being out and about exploring all day lovely and relaxing .Hot tub checked every morning . Staff all very pleasant when checking in and out. Would return again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this direct with the site, it was the same price as booking through Hoseasons and i got to explain what type of lodge we preferred. I asked for something private but still a beautiful lodge as i am very fussy. I was told and took the advise that the best plot on the site was Darcy Number 15, so this is what we had. When we arrived the booking in was very fast, the staff all very friendly and most helpful, we even got our keys a bit early which was a bonus. There is a car parking space outside the lodges which is great as you do tend to take alot of extras with it being self catering. We explored the outside of the lodge and decking/veranda areas before entering the lodge and we were thrilled with the positioning of the lodge it really was beautful and peaceful, we couldnt have asked for more. Inside the lodge was very spacious and the quality was good, everything was there we needed, a kitchen with plenty of utensils, comfy beds, an ensuite, bathroom and loads of storage space and the living room looked out onto the hill with animals visiting us frequently! I think an update is needed in the bathrooms and maybe a coat of paint throughout before a "luxury" tag can be given, the cleanliness was good, a tad more attention needed in the not so obvious areas, ie radiators,light fitting etc but it was nice and most enjoyable. As you can imagine the hotub in the surroundings was fabulous, it even had its own lights within the settings and was checked every day. Overall we would certainly return without having to think twice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband, my dog and I have just returned from a 4 night stay in a 2 bedroomed Darcy lodge. We booked 3 weeks before we were due to arrive and to be honest we did it pretty blindly, we were unsure what to expect because the website doesn't really give too much information about each different lodge.

For 2 of us the lodge was very spacious, I wouldn't however, have wanted to stay with anymore people because I do think we would have been a bit pushed for space. The living area is all open plan, there's a master bedroom with ensuite and another bedroom with a bathroom with a bath. The living area had everything we needed; 1x3 seater sofa and 2 arm chairs, widescreen TV, DVD player, dining table and a well equipped kitchen.

In my opinion the rest of the lodge was pretty basic, the beds were kingsize which was nice but the bathrooms weren't anything special and from the photos I was expecting at least a free standing bath. The en suite bathroom was a bit tired, the floor was coming up near the shower and the toilet seat was broken. We were supposed to have a visit within the first hour of arriving, this never happened and the only person we saw was the hot tub man... this was a bit disappointing and worried me somewhat that they would try to charge us, thinking we had done the damage so we made a point of reporting all these things and more when we went for a meal at Hindelini's the next day.

Overall, everything was very clean and tastefully decorated but there is room for improvement. The hot tub was old and tired, I only went in it once and it's not what I'm used to. I know hot tubs are expensive to replace but you could really tell ours was old. I was lead to believe that there was a TV in the bedroom, there wasn't and I would have really liked one. I also hated the fact that I couldn't get a signal on my phone, but that's just me I expect a lot of people would love that. Overall, the park was very dog friendly, which I loved, they were allowed in the cafe and they seemed to welcome dogs rather than have them under duress which is what I've found in other places!

Despite the recommended improvements, I would go back to Ribblesdale park but I would stay in a different type of lodge. For what we paid it was good value, especially as a stay with Forest Holidays would have cost us about £250 more and the Darcy Lodge was probably more luxurious in terms of the size of the beds and the space. I hope I haven't sounded like I've picked at Ribblesdale Park but I like to think people can make a more well rounded judgement if you're completely honest!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times for 3 night weekend breaks Jan 12, March 12, & Jan 13 and we love it! It is so relaxing The cabins are superb hot tubs are a must it is the place to go to forget about everything. Very clean high standard superb luxury in fact I may just have to rebook! : )

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in one of the darcy lodges an it was absolutely amazing! The lodge was super clean and had everything we could possibly need especially in the kitchen there is every utensil, type of glass, cup etc you will need whilst your there! We couldn't get the cooker to work and rang the out of hours number to which a guy came to fix the cooker within 10 minutes which was great! The hot tub was fantastic and private and was used by myself, my partner and my daughter everyday! The outdoor space/decking was enclosed with little gates so it was safe for my daughter to ride around on her bike outside, she loved the park and the horses that were on site! We didn't use the cafe apart from one morning when my partner wanted beans with his breakfast I walked round there to be told they sold everything but tins of beans but instead sold me two small pots of beans from the kitchen which I thought was nice that they were happy to help! Overall I can honestly say I would definitely return to ribblesdale we had such a relaxing break and didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank k3rrypaigebiff
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A clean and tidy park to relax and unwind,friendly staff who was always on hand to offer advice.A very handy welcome pack with helpfull numbers and places of interest and postcodes to help locate via satnav the lodge was clean and very well equiped would book again

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank lynne405
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned back from a family weekend away, booked a 2 bed lodge with hot tub, on arrival found the accommodation to be of a very high standard and spotlessly clean, fantastic views and each lodge had its own privacy.
The hot tub maintenance chap is very friendly and helpful, and always on site should you have any issues.
Had such a great time, have already enquired about a return visit in October..
there is a great Italian restaurant in the village too............

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Juleski68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gisburn
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eldwick
Pine Lake Resort
Pine Lake Resort
#1 of 9 in Carnforth

Been to Ribblesdale Park? Share your experiences!