“The Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crofter's Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crofter's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Garstang
Doha, Qatar
“The Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have stayed in a few hotels in and around Preston. I could not get into my favourite one so I took a chance and booked into this one. I wished I had pitched a tent in nearby Knot End! How this place has a star rating is beyond me.

My 'room' was DIRTY, pubic hair in the drain hole, scum in the sink...the bedding stunk....I would have checked out there and then but I was so tired I could not be bothered. I did however book out the following morning. I did not even bother showering or with the breakfast. So much for customer service as nobody asked why I was checking out before I was due to; mind you it may have been something to do with the total lack of customer service in the place.

Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Bernie67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blackpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I attended a fantastic wedding at The Crofters last Saturday. Venue was lovely, food was to die for and it was all helped along by the glorious weather! Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the staff. When a dirty plate was picked out by a guest, a member of staff was heard to say to another staff member (infront of me and a 4 year old boy) 'Just put it back on the pile because by the end of the queue, they will be too p****d to notice!' I tried to speak to the member of staff but he refused and didn't apologise. I then spoke to the manager/owner who was even more rude. Bare in mind I am 8 months pregnant (and not drinking) I was told (before explaining my complaint) to come back and discuss it when I was sober!! The manager said she had heard the member of staff's side of the story and had no reason to disbelieve them! Absolutely disgraceful if you ask me! I heard it with my own ears!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gemarie86

Travelers are raving about these Garstang hotels

cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

stayed over for look at lancaster uni open day and the hotel was so relaxing that we made it a 3 night break as its so handy for the lakes and lovely scenery. The rooms were large and comfortable and clean. The cooked breakfast was hot and fresh. So nice to see hotels that still cook to order instead of those dried up buffet things.
The food in the Tavern is wonderful and the staff were quite happy to change the menu around for my fussy husband. I will definitely be back especially if we can get the same rate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CumbriaJackie
lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

I recently stayed there to attend a wedding to start the room was in bad need of repair with wallpaper coming away from the walls in general a disgrace.
The actual wedding was a civil ceremony as the bride walked in 2 members of staff were sat on a seat switching a cheap and nasty cassette deck on and off as appropriate.
The meal was a buffet style and set out in only e very small area of the bar and people kept asking if there was any more as it was set out on roughly a 6ft tressle table, People where still gettting thier main course as people were queuing for thier sweet dish.
Bar prices were extortionate with a pint shandy and a diet coke costing £4.50 a glass of diluted orange and water for kids £1.75
After the meals that finished about 5pm the tables were still left with dirty food plates and cutlery on them when they brought the buffet out at about 10PM.
The evening buffet which consisted of bacon butties and chips bringing only about 8 at a time and people were queing waiting for the next lot to be cooked. The bridegroom asked for another 10 bacon butties and he was told that the bill would be £120 for the extra ones NOT BAD £12 EACH.
If your planning a WEDDING there FORGET IT if your planning to stay there then avoid it like the plague certainly not worth it.
Would i recommend a friend SORRY not even my worst enemy needs a lot doing to it

Stayed March 2010
1 Thank larrynorman
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed at the Crofters in January 2010. The hotel is in need of an update, overall in a good location if you use the M6 motorway, we had Serloin steak for the evening meal, the meat was very tough and for the food quality poor, customer service left much to be desired. We felt it was an overpriced and expensive meal. We complained to the manager about the food but the staff atitude seems to be if you dont like it dont come again, so we wont.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ebtrada
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed only one night at Crofter's but wish we could have stayed longer! The hotel owners accomodated our every request, such as a second bed in our room - because of our small child and even kept the kitchen open a few minutes later as one of our friends who was meeting us at the hotel was a little late. By the way, ALL the meals were fantastic, even something as "simple" as the Fish & Chips. (Love that plate presentation!!) All areas -including restrooms - were exceedingly clean and the Bartender, Rachel, was FRIENDLY and top-notch in dealing with our many drink requests.

Not sure when we'll be back in that neck of the woods, but the Crofters Hotel was a hit and we'll be back!!! Thanks again for the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark K
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

Thanks for the wonderful hospitality we received! The management was terrific and the rooms were quite comfortable. The food in the tavern was excellent and the prices were outstanding! Would definitely stay here again and would encourage all other travellers going to Northern England to book a night just for the atmosphere!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TobeyTexan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garstang
BEST WESTERN Garstang Country Hotel and Golf Centre
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,269 reviews
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston

Been to Crofter's Hotel? Share your experiences!