“bad service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Garstang
london
“bad service”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

was unimpressed with girl on reception. ignored me whilst on her mobile. room was old and tired.
looks impressive on the outside, but inside isn't good. old fashioned. room was cold

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank lovelondon66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Manchester
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Having recently attended a conference at Crofters hotel felt I must write a review to congratulate the staff and management on great customer service.
People are quick to complain but rarely praise things that go well.

From the start our delegates were welcomed, room already set as per previous correspondance to our needs.
Bedroom lists correct and all rooms spacious and clean wit free internet,

Dinner on first evening was casual in the adjoining oub and food first class.
breakfast next morning was punctual and hot.

Conference was great with timings and lunch all to a very high standard All our needs dealt with quickly

First class service and faciities will definatley return for all our conference meeting needs return

well done

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank liverpoollass14
Manchester
Reviewed September 8, 2008

After having read the Hotel's own website description of the facilities we were quite disappointed with the Crofters Hotel.
Checking in we were greeted by "Dial Zero for attention", not very welcoming, response to this took ages.
The room cost us £75 for the one night, a long trek upstairs to find a dimly lit cold room with tired furniture, not really what we expected. On the plus side the room was clean, the small screened TV had Freeview and the coffee and tea making facilities were adequate.
Having read the Tavern menu in the room we decided to eat in the hotel, it took an age to get to order the food at the bar, but I must admit the meals arrive quite quickly. I ordered an 8oz beefburger with BBQ (something) my wife ordered a Barbequed rack of pork ribs with chips, both were frozen food dishes and the chips had also been frozen, this is despite the notice outside claiming home cooked food.
We were just staying for one night and decided not to make a fuss, however, we were asked 4 times if everything was ok, too much in my view, so I complained that the food was bland and frozen, I was assured that my comments would be passed on but feel sure that nothing would happen as a result.

The hotel boasts free wifi, I could not get a signal in my room at all, I was invited to either take a seat on the stairs landing or sit in reception, neither option offered a strong enough signal, I gave up.
On Sunday morning we went for the full English breakfast, one fried egg, one sausage, one slice of bacon, half a cold tomato and a few over cooked fried mushrooms, not what I would call full. The tea and coffee were weak, the toast was thin sliced bread, I have had far better for far less in cafes, the general quality of all of the breakfast items was low.
We eventually checked out, strangely we did not have to "dial zero" for attention or wait to pay the bill.
My only advice to the Crofters management would be to attend to the quality of the food and service. If they are going to continue to offer home cooked food then it would be good if they were to serve it, the area offers a multitude of good fresh ingredients, why not use them? Also as a side comment, please weight the "8oz burger" it was quite small and no doubt was underweight.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Garstang hotels

carlisle
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Our party of 6 stayed over the weekend to attend the golf at Birkdale and we were so glad that we found the place. The food in the Brasserie was exceptional and the service was friendly and helpful. There is a lovely pub attached where the staff make you feel totally like a local. We had lovely refurbished bedrooms which were very large and comfortable. We will definately be back.

• Liked — wonderful food
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank philipCarlisle
London
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The manager/chef tried to dish up beef and pretend it was lamb! my partner, a butcher, knew it was beef straight away but the manager got very aggressive and shouted at us when we questioned it.
the bread was frozen solid, the wine was warm instead of chilled and took half an hour to get to us. we still had to pay £80 for an absolutely horrendous meal after such an angry and aggressive confrontation with the manager that we decided it would be safer and easier just to agree to pay part of the bill. he made me feel incredibly uncomfortable for the rest of the stay - so much so that when i scalded myself on the shower (because there was no where to hang the shower, you had to hold it and the shower handle was broken), i didn't feel able to go and talk to him about it...
the bath was also cracked in several places, the room apparently had just been redecorated but it was so poorly done it looks incredibly shabby. the room was freezing and i didn't manage to sleep at all.

overall an utterly depressing stay.

Stayed July 2008
WARWICKSHIRE
Reviewed July 15, 2008

On your website there were mixed reviews, but more good than bad, so we booked.
Room was clean, bed comfortable, but squeaky(just turning over!!) Decoration and furniture rather tired.
Having worked all day until 6pm and then driven for an hour to get there, we were ready for a drink and nice meal.
Food was a big disappointment.Both meals were with crusty bread, which was a small soft white roll! Ploughmans at £7.50 was a miniature pork pie(I think they are 4 for a £1 at Morrisons)
3 slices of "plastic" ham, full of water and tasteless.Mixed pickles, a spoon of picalilli.The cheese was good.A few green leaves, half a tomato, 2 strips of pepper and 4 slices of cucumber.When I complained I was told "they had been very busy due to local show and had to get what was left at the Supermarket".No price adjustment offered.
Back to the bedroom and the TV didnt work, no signal vailable I was told.
Breakfast was very good, but not somewhere I would recommend or return to.All staff very pleasant.

• Liked — COMFY BED
  • Disliked — VERY THIN WALLS.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
lancaster
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I took my husband to the new Brasserie at the Crofters for what I have to describe as the best meal ever. The steak was to die for and the brulee light and delicious. I treated him to a nights stay and glad I did. The bedroom had obviously been refurbished and had the most gorgeous headboard. The room was clean, dark and quiet - what more can you ask? I thought it was good value for money (£75 for a double room) and have booked again for New Year.

• Liked — the restaurant - very classy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LancasterTomdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garstang
Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston

Been to Crofter's Hotel? Share your experiences!