“40th Birthday Celebration”

Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garstang
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband had his 40th birthday at the hotel only last night (28/1/2012) and I just wanted to say that everything was perfect. The layout of the room, the fabulous food, which was served by extremely polite and helpful staff. One of our guests was on a gluten free diet and all the food was labelled to indicate that it was in fact gluten free, which was really nice. The DJ was really friendly, the bar staff were excellent. All of the guests have been commenting today about how fantastic it was and what a lovely hotel it is. A big thanks to the staff for delivering breakfast to my brother who had flown in from Holland for one night only and had to catch an early fight this morning. It was worth every single penny and we would happily recommend this hotel to anyone for any occasion.

A huge thank you also to the bar staff and the DJ for being such good sports when my husband and brother decided to spice things up at midnight :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Your kind words about our staff are fantastic and will be displayed in the staff room to show their service is noticed and appreciated.

I am pleased you all had a good time and we look forward to your next event with us.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We hold our January christmas party at Garstang every year and this year was no exception.
i was especailly impressed with the organisation in the dining room and the food that was served. The numbers at the party increase each year (180) and the service we receive is excellent despite the large numbers and menu choice, meaning 9 seperate dishes to deliver to the correct tables. Despite a few timing problems at the begining of the evening (nothing to do with the venue) the hotel produced a wonderful meal. There were plenty of staff and the bar staff were friendly and prompt. The hotel worked closely with us for several months leading up to the event to ensure that the event ran as smoothly as possible.

Since the event I have had many possitive comments on the evening and the food and I would definately recommend the venue to anyone hosting a large event. I also stayed at the hotel in a lovely clean room with character and would be sure to stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a four poster bed!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Having received the previous review a couple of days ago we are grateful you could find the time to write your view on what appears to be the same event.
You have taken the trouble to breakdown all aspects of your event and as such all departments can take some praise, I will pass on your comments which I am sure will give all the staff a lift.
Thanks again and maybe see you next year or soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Just stayed for the first time. Impressed with the hotel and location. Rooms comfortable and clean.Staff were friendly.
We attended a function in the evening. The function suite was very pleasant.They were catering for around 100 people. However the food was a big let down. After taking our seats we waited around 30 minutes to be served a starter. The main course consisted of roast beef that was rather tough and and served with far too much gravy,yorkshire pudding that was cold and rubbery,roast potatoes also cold and carrots and cauliflower,not enough to go round. The sweet arrived and this was also nearly cold. The rest of the evening was very enjoyable.
Breakfast was fine, but again the food could be improved.
We did not try the bar meals,maybe these would be better.
Apart from the food we had an enjoyable stay in great location with good company.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for your review and positive opening comments. I am disappointed the food did not come up to our usual high standards and based on the information you gave I believe I know the night you write about. Unfortunately service had to be delayed by 30minutes as many guests had yet to arrive indeed some arrived to check in after the meal was supposed to have been served. As many of the guest were enjoying the opportunity to chat the organisers and ourselves moved the dining time back to accommodate the guests needs. This may explain the 30 minute wait although I would not use this to excuse the quality of the food presented. As this dinner was for 180 guests it is a substantial event but not uncommon for our venue which hosts and satisfies banquets such as this on a regular basis and thankfully many re-book as they are astounded by the standard we maintain despite the numbers. Please accept my apologies and hope you will not be let down on your next visit.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed at the Garstang Country Hotel whilst doing business locally - it provided all that I needed; a comfortable warm room, desk to work at, free wi-fi, tea and coffee and good food. Whilst a little dated the hotel was certainly ideal for my purposes and I would stay again. The restaurant was closed so I ate in what is called the "Brasserie". The food was excellent and although informal the service attentive. If I was to be critical though the term "Brasserie" is not being used correctly, the room is more like a dining room with tv and bar / cafeteria counter and the menu is simply a limited range of bar snacks. The lighting is bright and the room lacked any character or atmosphere. If I was with my wife or business partner or it was a nice evening weather wise I would to be honest have got in the car and eaten out. Had breakfast before leaving which was again good and the member of staff had remembered by room number which impressed me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David186377
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on the quality of the food, rooms and service I am also grateful for your concise critique which we will use to make further improvements.
The Brasserie is a new addition for 2012 and we apologise the name gave the wrong impression, we decided on the name as we felt the dictionary term...

‘an unpretentious restaurant, tavern, or the like, that serves drinks, and simple or hearty food'.

....was an accurate reflection of the menu and service style we hope to offer. For those who prefer a more formal dining style we do have our restaurant which is adjacent to the Brasserie and our Bar and Restaurant menu are available in both. These are also available to view online at our website if you wish get a flavour of what we offer.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent service ...
however after requesting a disabled room when booking we were very disappointed to be given a standard room with an extra handrail in the bathroom! After asking at reception we were told this was one of their 2 disabled rooms and offered a bathmat, what use is the bathmat if you cannot get into the bath!
I cannot fault this hotel in any other way I would just like to share my experience to avoid anybody else having the same disappointment as me, the disabled rooms are not disabled-user friendly at all!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

May I first thank you for remaining positive about the hotel even though we failed to supply you with a room adequate for your needs, or potentially those of other disabled guests.
We do recognise that although our disabled rooms do have additional facilities, which can cater for many disabilities and impairments, access to the bath for some would be difficult.
We are proposing a walk in shower / wet room in our disabled rooms which hopefully would allow us to fully cater for all needs, if you would like to make further recommendations I would welcome it and invite you to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

This was our 6th visit to this hotel to celebrate New Year, and our 4th when we were accompanied by relatives. We did not stay overnight, but just attended the Dinner/Dance.
As usual, everything was perfect; the food, service,entertainment. Well done, once again, Garstang!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, even though you were not a resident your review is useful to us and other TA users. We are pleased you enjoyed the dinner dance and hope to see you during the year as well as at the dinner dance. If you do want accommodation please book early as many have re-booked and we only have 5 rooms remaining.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Having just arrived back from a break at Garstang thought I would give a review of this wonderful hotel.

We arrived Christmas morning to a wonderful log fire in the reception. The hotel was really comfortable and warm. The staff were tremendous. We checked in and were shown to our table. The food on Christmas Day was wonderful albeit we felt a little rushed despite the fact that they say the table is yours for the day, we were never asked if we would like a break between courses. This was only a minor niggle and maybe something for the staff to think about next year. We had a drink in the bar but felt that this was too small to take the amount of people booked for the meal and ended up standing up. We then retired to our room for an afternoon snooze. Unfortunately, as we were on the ground floor the room upstairs sounded like a herd of elephants running across the floor which went on for 2/3 hours. I can only suspect it was children. We got changed and washed and went through for the evening buffet which was again delightful and not too heavy. Having had our coffee we retired to bed. Only a small gripe this time but throughout the night you could hear different toilets being flushed. We did not need an alarm clock, the children (I think they were children) were running across the room from 6.00 a.m. As I say only minor niggles but as has been mentioned previously, either they need to insulate the floors upstairs or not put children in the first floor rooms. I wouldn't stay in a ground floor room if I were to stay here again. You must request a first floor room and possibly respect the guests that are underneath.

I cannot fault this hotel for its service and hospitality over the Christmas period but it was far from relaxing having to listen to guests above you all afternoon and again in the early morning.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room if you can
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
GarstangHotel, Manager at Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2012

Thank you for your review, myself and the management team will be meeting soon to discuss all the feedback we get over Festive period and invaluable comments such as yours will help us continue to improve.
I am sorry noise from other rooms disturbed you and disappointed as all rooms have noise insulation in both the walls and floors to help reduce this. As you say there were many excited children with us on Christmas day and we hope to have already learnt from this and addressed it for next years bookings.
It was lovely to see you again on New Years Day for Brunch and hope that you heed my advice as we only have 5 rooms left for next Christmas already.

Thank you once again for your review.

Chris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garstang
Crofter's Hotel
Ibis Preston North
Ibis Preston North
#9 of 15 in Preston
Preston Marriott Hotel

Been to Best Western Garstang Country Hotel And Golf Centre? Share your experiences!