“Won't be back”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch at the pub here and I have to say the food quality is something you would expect to eat at a funfair. Frozen burgers and processed buns and what made it worse was the staff tried to insult my intelligence by saying they were made fresh in the bakers and the butchers down the road.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My first visit and I have to say I was very impressed. The weather was hot so we sat outside next to the canal. It was very busy but we got a table easily. The food was very good with generous portions. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We even got a bag of bread bits for free to feed the ducks. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As always - very very busy - but they cope well. Good menu with something for everyone. The seafood platter is to die for as are their steamed puddings - this is why we go there. Would go too often but when we do we always enjoy it.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was looking forward to my vegetarian suet pudding, - remembering when I arrived that I had the chicken and leek suet pud last time. :)
my only small complaint is - they could do with a vegetarian section on the menu.
Otherwise - fabulous. Starter, main,
Had the "beer bat" = three x third pints of self chosen ale, what a Great idea. Loved it.

This pub is always busy, but always worth it.
9pm last food order.

ps, any kids with you, as the menu says go to kitchen door and they find you some bread for the ducks on the canal. :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Italian restaurant is usually good, I have had issues with wet Pizzas sold as thin & crusty, but in general it is good. Pub food in the pub itself is very good, and is especially good when washed down with some of their Ales too. It is a "quaint" place but is always crowded with people eating and/or drinking outside on the banks of the Lancaster Canal