“Very satisfied with food and service”
Review of Th'owd Tithe Barn

Th'owd Tithe Barn
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Garstang
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dating back as early as 1710, The Tithe Barn is a charming and characterful inn situated in the bustling market town of Garstang, adjacent to the River Wyre. Originally a post medieval tithe barn for storing grain and corn, the pub today offers a large range of high quality dishes alongside extensive portfolio of cask conditioned ales, fine wines, spirits and continental bottled beers. Our Head Chef and his team at the Tithe Barn have carefully sourced the best of this season's produce to ensure everything on our menu is grown, reared, caught, picked or churned by one of our local food suppliers within a twenty mile radius. We have sourced quality, fresh ingredients from the best local producers to lovingly create these dishes for you. So relax, make your choice and enjoy!
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Called for lunch with my wife 12/9/13 .We always enjoy lunch here when visiting Garstang and this time it was still superb .Batterd Haddock for me and smoked ham sandwich for my wife.My wife would have preferred thinner slices of brown bread on her sandwich other than that good meal.Will continue to visit for lunch whenever we visit Garstang.

Cronkey

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Poor service - indelible 'gourmet burger' - stale bread - nice location but seriously needs attention would have given no stars if I could

2  Thank Kidsontrips
Reviewed September 3, 2013

2  Thank MissO1984
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited the Tithebarn this afternoon with work colleagues for lunch and had, without doubt, the worst food I've ever eaten. I shouldn't use the word 'eaten' really, as the chargrilled Cajun chicken sandwich I ordered was actually inedible. The chicken, if that's what it was, was so hard it could've been used to knock nails into a wall. The inedible food also took an age to arrive, although one wonders why considering it was so obviously microwaved. On a final note, I wouldn't recommend microwaving frozen chips as they tend to still remain frozen in the middle. Genuinely terrible.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It's a crying shame how much this place has deteriorated over the last 12 months. I recently used the Tithe barn for the first time in 5 months and was majorly disappointed with the whole experience. There was a damp smell coming from the seat area where we sat , the food took about 45 mins to arrive , and when it did I wish they hadn't bothered. Sorry folks but we won't be back.

2  Thank jinkym