“you get what you pay for”
Review of The Bellflower

The Bellflower
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Garstang
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

been here a few times its ok a little hit and miss depending on how busy it is a cheap and cheerfull place to eat

The_Bellflower, General Manager at The Bellflower, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Hello!

Hope you don't mind a late response to your review - We have had a new management team at the Bellflower for the past year, and our fantastic team here at the Bellflower would like to welcome you back for a future visit!
If you would like to review our facilities or menu (in case they have changed since your previous visit) please look at our Facebook Page or Website. Or you can call 01995 238207.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife, daughter and myself went to this restaurant on 18th September, it was our second meal there and were happy to go after a good meal the last time, plus the 2 meals for 1 offer is quite attractive.
After ordering our drinks at the bar and getting seated at our table our order was taken by the waiter. We ordered 2 Aztec Pie and 1 Deep South Chicken but then he rushed off before we could finish ordering our side dishes and had to be called back. My first real concern was the speed the meals arrived, well within 10 minutes. How do you cook a quality meal that quickly? My suspicions were confirmed when I took a look at my meal, the Aztec Pie - 4 limp potato wedges and 2 extremely soggy flour tortillas with a thin layer of tomato salsa on top and 2 very over cooked and wrinkly mini corn on the cob. The garlic and herb dip was missing on both of the Aztec pies and we had to ask for these. The waiter never bothered to ask if any of us wanted any ketchup so I asked him for some, he turned and walked away without asking my guests if they wanted anything before returning with 2 plastic tubs of ketchup.
Once I actually tasted my meal I realized why it had come so quickly - it was of very poor ready meal quality at best. The tortillas were soggy and mushy, the tomato and chicken filling was watery and tasteless and the corn on the cob was over microwaved to the point of in-edibility. This wasnt just my opinion either, my daughter was also having the Aztec Pie and was actually laughing at the poor quality of her meal - she was likening it to some of her student concoctions!
At this point the waiter came over and asked if our meals were ok, my wife said hers was fine and I said 'no not really' but before I could explain why the waiter just said 'Oh' then walked away!!! Unbelievable!!!!
At this point we realized he just wasn't interested in our customer satisfaction whatsoever and gave up. Any thought of returning the meal for an alternative was pointless so we paid and left. (On taking our payment he never even bothered asking if we had enjoyed our meal).
I can honestly say I have never been to a restaurant where the staff have been so uninspired and lacking in enthusiasm for the job they do, and the chef should be ashamed of himself - what he sent us was not cooked food, it was quick turn over, over priced garbage and I cannot over emphasize this enough. £10.50 for my meal was disgraceful.
We came away feeling we had wasted our money and will not be returning to the Bellflower.

2  Thank Stuart M

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went for meal 8/9/12 waiter came to take our order that was the good point,10 mins later they came with my sweet had to explain we had not had our stater yet,then they came came with my wifes starter,needed to go back as mushrooms were only warm,they went back and 5 mins later they came with fresh hot ones.we then waited for our main meal...waited and waited,noticed people who had come in after us were eating their main meals.After 40 mins and nobody had come to us we decided to go to the bar and tell them we were leaving,explained to the lady behind the bar we were leaving she said she had only come on at 3 o'clock and could not explain.If you want to explain to me about your poor service i will pay you for the stater we had.

2  Thank John C

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Everything was great about here. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and great choice of food. Probably the nicest 2 for 1 we have ever eaten at. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank AJHCARR

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We first went to this restaurant when it was newly opened and our meals were dreadful. When we were asked by our waitress how we enjoyed our meal I politely told her that mine was so bad I could not eat it. She just said Oh dear and that was that. No-one else bothered to enquire. A couple of months ago we were in the area and decided to give it another go thinking that the last experience may have been due to new staff and settling in. But no, again the food was well below parr, my husbands steak was badly cooked and tough. We will certainly not go there again. There are many much better places to eat in Garstang.