“Save your money!”

Farmer Parrs Animal World
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Fleetwood
More attraction details
Owner description: If ewe like animals ewe'll love Farmer Parrs! We have a large selection of farm and rare breed animals plus daily hands-on shows, petting, feeding, tractor rides and pony rides.As well as a large museum, pottery, play areas, cafe and shop. With large indoor barns as well as paddocks it’s a great day out whatever the weather - so come and join us down on the farm!
Helmshore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Save your money!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my 5 year old daughter here with a friend & her 5 year old son on the first day of Feb half term. The farm offered a winter admission rate of £3 each so I thought for that price I would give it a try. I'm glad I didn't spend a penny more as it was a poor experience. The 'farm' consists of a large barn with animals in pens that you can look at. There are ducks & geese running round the barn too. There is a row of stables housing horses, and a different 'barn' with some rabbits, guinea pigs & other small animals in. That's about it for the animals. It is not possible to feed any of the animals like in other similar places, you just look at them. This will take you all of 20 minutes if you take your time! The 'meet the animals' session again was really poor. Everyone sat on rows of chairs in one of the barns, and a goat (who looked to be in poor condition), chicken, Shetland pony, rabbit & guinea pig were carried/walked past each person for a quick stroke. Then the staff tried to force feed 2 new born lambs on the stage in front of everyone. That was the meet the animals & lamb feeding done. There is a playground & a small 'museum' too with a small pottery painting area (which was an extra charge) & that's about it. Pony rides were scheduled for 2pm in the afternoon, but we left before this as there was nothing to keep the kids or adults occupied till this time. Having visited other farms, where children can hold & pet different animals & feed them too, I would say this whole experience was very poor. I would save your money and go to Smithills Farm in Bolton instead. You and your children will enjoy it much more there.

1 Thank ZitaT

Lytham St. Anne's
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Farmer Parrs Animal Farm”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We took our two youngest grandchildren in the February half-term holiday, two boys aged three and four.
There were lots of animals to see and pet, if the children wanted to. The cafe was very good and offered a wide range of reasonably priced food. There were also picnic areas for people to consume their own food, at the right time of year. the children loved the play area with things to climb on and slides. I suspect older children might have found it a little less challenging, but on the whole it was a good experience.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“in need of a overhaul”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went to visit recently with the children,the museum you have to go through first is cold and dusty doesnt really go with an animal park .Most of the animals looked very sad especially the owls doesnt look a great environment for them to be in. The pens looked shabby and run down. The top of the ferret pen needs a clean as the rail was covered in animal poo and my daughter nearly touched it with her mouth was awful. Needs some attention quickly. Didnt experience the cafe ,only saw a lady on entrance she was pleasant. Sorry not many plus points on this place.

2 Thank hollybek
North West
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“What a dump!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

At the start of half term I was looking for somewhere to take the children and thought I'd give Farmer Parrs a try. Even at the reduced winter rate it was a waste of money. To get to the animals the sign directed us through a creepy museum that terrified my four year olds so much they were crying and pleading with me to get them out. We then entered into a warehouse that looked like a dumping ground with a pile of dried out Christmas trees, leftover Halloween props, roped off old furniture, puddles of water and two forlorn looking deer in a pen.
The cafe was a dingy, grotty little place. What was supposed to be a cheese toastie was overpriced at £4 consisting of a sliver of cheese between two pieces of toast with one side burnt and a spoonful of nasty cheap coleslaw. What was concerning was that this was more expensive than the quarter pound burger, so I dread to think about the quality of that! We left the cafe with our clothes and hair stinking of grease from the fryers.
There was absolutely nothing to do here and we'd seen the animals and had lunch all within an hour. I think if Farmer Parrs has no intention of making any effort in the winter months they shouldn't bother opening. There are much better farm parks to spend your money on.

3 Thank BecNorthWest
Blackpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Birthday Party as Farmer Parrs - Awful!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had my daughters 4th birthday party here in November - what an absolute rubbish experience. We were promised a wonderful party full of lots of extras etc but can honestly say it was totally disorganised and the worst party I have been to or had! When we arrived we were left to do our own thing, there was no organisation or communication involved with any of the staff including the owner himself! There was supposed to be an animal show which never happended with it being the Christmas Theme (was not told of this prior to booking), The children were not really given the opportunity to meet and greet hardley any of the animals. The party room was rubbish (no ballons/decorations etc as we had been led to believe) and the table was laid out for less children than what we paid for. The staff actually thought it was a boys birthday party too! Would not have a birthday party here again or recommend to anyone. I was very very dissapointed with what should have been a special day for my daughter. When I did say something to the owner he was very dismissive and rude - avoid!

Visited November 2012