“Good Food, Good View”

Ranked #1 of 1 Fleetwood B&B and Inns
Sowerby Bridge
“Good Food, Good View”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had eaten here before and enjoyed the food so decided to give it another go to see if things had remained the same. We went on a cold day in October and found the restaurant to be warm and welcoming. The restaurant offers 2 meals for £8.00 and also 2 "sizzlers" for £13.00. My husband had the scampi, my daughter the lasagne-2 for £8.00 and I went for the mixed grill sizzler.

All the meals were freshly cooked to order and were generous, nicely cooked and hot. My only criticism is that my steak was overcooked as it carries on cooking on the sizzling plate so next time I shall order my steak rare.

My daughter and I shared a sticky toffee pudding and my husband had the apple pie- both large portions, very good and again piping hot- not really needed as the portions are generous but you have to try the desserts don’t you?

All in all well worth a visit if you happen to go to Fleetwood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hastings
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the New Boston from the 28/09/2012 until 05/10/2012 to visit a family member who lives locally. The check in was fast friendly and efficient. My room was really lovely with great views of the sea, the bedroom was large and had everything you needed. the bathroom was also large, both rooms were spotlessly clean, plenty of extra blankets if you needed them and also a heater to use if you wanted. I couldnt work my TV and spoke to Lynda about it and it was sorted out by the time I wanted to use it - it was my lack of using a TV at home that was the problem!!! Anyway when I got to my room for the night Lynda had also thoughtfully put the heater on as she thought I might be cold - I wasn't but the thought was there for me. I slept really well in my room, I would've liked to have had more time in my room to sleep but for the first few days of my stay my ex-army uncle was also staying there so it was up for 7am down for breakfast for 7.30am!! However it was worth getting up for - I'd told my uncle that no way was I going to eat a full english at that time of the morning - well needless to say - I did - and every day I was there!! - and it was lovely - all freshly cooked and fast service with as much tea or coffee as you can handle. Lynda was alway there to greet you with the brightest smile and friendly word, I can honestly say that she's one of the nicest people that I have met which was great because after my uncle left for home I was staying there on my own for a few days (I've never stayed in a hotel on my own before) and she made sure that I felt comfortable and happy. I would definitely go back to stay there on my own again as I felt safe and secure. As I was visiting my Grandmother who lives in Fleetwood I didnt eat in the restaurant at night, but the food looked and smelt amazing and very reasonable and some great deals as well. We did eat as a family though for Sunday Lunch which was delicious, a great choice of roast meats and all the trimmings, we thouroghly enjoyed it. Fleetwood High St is only 10mins walk away and has lots of choices of shops, banks, pubs etc. The promenade is opposite the hotel and its lovely for a brisk walk. I sadly left for home but with good memories and cannot wait to go back and stay again. Thank you Lynda for looking after me!!!

Room Tip: If mine and my uncles rooms are anything to go by, they will all be good and your paying a good room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

although we read the reviews of the new boston before we booked we were not put off that there were some negative reviews. we were there for only one night we were visiting relatives in fleetwood but the hotel is fine the room we had was clean but is in nead of a refurb. the staff were nice and the breakfast was great .

Room Tip: nice hotel for a short stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ray b
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week and loved it.I was on the third floor 40 steps so if you don't like stairs the third floor is not for you.I had room number 36 the highest one I think they do and even though it was around the back you could still see over the roof tops and even see the Blackpool tower.My double bed was way more comfortable than I thought it was going to be.I had an en suit room and used the shower every day which was hot.Breakfast was very nice in the morning.I never stayed in for the evening meal as you can just come and go as you please and the management was very nice.I was originally booked in for 3 nights but liked it enough to stay an extra 2.My only complaint would be the powdered milk but apart from that I would go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My 12 year old daughter and I travelled to fleetwood to surprise some old friends and booked into the New Boston. On 1st impressions it looked lovely. Then we 3 nights and was given a box room on the 3rd floor! It was truely disgusting and dangerous!!!! Where do I start? The bathroom. Tiles were falling of the walls! The Light switch cord was minging and dirty and out of reach for my daughter. The sink was cracked and very sharp and my daughter cut her finger on it cleaning it out. There was a boiler in here which seemed to constantly running and making a loud noise which disturbed our sleep. This also was not locked and when opeed it was full of builders rubish. Also the panels were fallng of and had sharp nails exposed. The door to this room did not shut also and there was no privacy lock. The ligh in the bathroom turned on and off on its own which suggested to me an electrical fault anf fire hazzard. Also this room had a velux window fitted which looked over to another hotel and i going to the loo you could be seen, likewise taking a bath. If you closed the fitted blind on it you could not see as the lighting was poor and turned itself on and off.
In the entrance hall to this room was a sky light windo which was covered in mould and smelled fusty.
The bedroom was dirty. We did not have any Tea or Coffee but had powderd milk??? The curtains also kept falling off when un drawn as they were held on with black tape(Gaffer Tape).
When I complained the manager openly admittedto me that the room was in need of modernisation and offered me an upgrade as I clearly said I am not one for complaing. He gave us another room which was worse than the first one.. What tipped me over board was that the toilet had been use and not flushed!!! Also the bedding was all over the floor!!! Oh and the shower was held up with electrical wire??? (Brown wire which suggest to me it could be live!!!!)
We did not unpack and went to the reception and complained!!! I asked for a full refund however only got £80 back. The very rude and arrogant manager then said I wanted you to leave anyway???? We left sharpish!!
One last! We planned t eat in here on the night however when we went down the place was closed... Including the reception!!! Several other guests were there also complainig about this.

Room Tip: Go to the Savoy
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Mally C
newboston_11, Owner at The New Boston Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
To say we are dismayed by these comments is an understatement and can confirm that we are currently in the process of taking legal proceedings with regard to this review as we simply do not agree with a majority of the comments made. by this guest.
Upon check he was given various options with regard room choice he simply stated he wanted the " cheapest room " possible and he was informed that the room he would be staying in does require attention as he quite rightly states but he was in fact warned of this before he checked in.
Although we can quite categorically say that the room is no where near as bad as he states,yes the bathroom is in need of a re furb and as stated previously this will all be carried out in November these things do take time and can not be done overnight,but we always inform our customers of this upon check in and always give them the option to even view the room first!!!!
No panels are falling off,all we can see is he seems to be forcing them off on the picture which looks quite astonishing really.
As he states in his review there is a blind fitted to the skylight to close when there is need to get a bath or use the toilet so that staement is quite contradictory???
With regards to the alternative room this is even more bizarre and very confusing........the reason being he made us aware of his complaints first thing the following morning even though this could have been done as soon as he checked in which is even more confusing as the manager states he saw him on a few occasions after check in that evening.
The alternative room at that time of the morning when he eventually complained he was informed had not yet been laundered after guests had just in fact checked out of that room which he accepted and that the cleaners where in the process of cleaning and turning rooms over,check in time usually for new stays is 2pm.
This is where it gets even more bizarre as he then came back down and complained accordingly as seen on the review.The manager was completely and utterly confused by this and even offered an even better room with a seaview as by this time he had tried everything to please the guest but to no avail.
This is when the guest was becoming quite rude and clearly nothing was going to appease the situation so advise it would probably be best to check out and a refund what was owed was given accordingly.
Then the review gets even more bizarre as he states he then came back to eat!!!!This we know is not true as our restaurant is open to the public and there are stipulated times we are open which has been the case for many years now and feel this is very unfair and is further reason why we contest this review.
The reception being closed is NEVER the case when the restaurant is operating,sometimes this will close at 9pm if everybody is checked in. We do not operate a 24 hour reception but the manager lives on the premises and is available 24 hours a day to tend to any needs that any guest require.
As already stated we are in the process of proceeding with defamatory contents and feel as though we ought to reply until this matter is resolved.
manchester
Reviewed August 5, 2012

stayed here four times room22 clean room with fantastic views .breakfast was brillant always have the full breakfast but other choices .food at night is fantastic there is plenty to choose from and very good value especially the jumbo cod and chips. staff very friendly and helpful carol@ phil

Room Tip: second floor sea view room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston
Reviewed July 22, 2012

stayed here for one night, paid 55 pound for bed aand breakfast, was put on the third floor in a box room, carpets were dirty wall paper was mouldy and the bathroom was very old. asked if we could move to another room and was told no but we could check out if we wanted to! we asked if we could have some heating on in our room as it was freezing and was told no because it was warm outside. Had dinner in the restaraunt which was good and worth the money and breakfast was good in the morning but overall dont think its worth the money.

Room Tip: not on the top floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank louandsam
newboston_11, General Manager at The New Boston Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We were very sad to hear this comment, these ladies checked in with a block booking for a wedding which had in fact been booked by the bride of the wedding they were attending.
They asked to change rooms but unfortunately we had no other rooms available as we was fully booked and advised the ladies of this and that it would be advisable to check out if they did not wish to stay in the said room. They did state they would look for somewhere else.
The comment with regard to the room being freezing, we are quite bemused by this as we did in fact have comments saying it was too hot in the rooms due to the weather as it was in fact one of the hottest days of the year so far.
After we gave them the option to check out with a full refund, they then informed us that they was happy to stay and that there was no problem which makes this review even more bizarre.
As the bride had in fact booked and paid for the room herself and whom was also staying at the hotel we advised her what had happened the following morning and as a gesture of goodwill we refunded the breakfast cost to her. She was very happy about this and informed us there was no problem and not to worry about it.
What we will say to our future customers is that our rooms are not dirty at all they are cleaned on a daily basis, even if they are used or not and we always do our best to accommodate our guests and make them feel welcome and as comfortable as we can.
We are a family run unit and do not offer star rated facilities, the hotel is due to undergo a 3 phase re furbishment later this year and as you will see on our website a lot of re furbishment has already been carried out. What we will guarantee is that we offer a friendly family run hotel that is value for money.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleetwood
North Euston Hotel
Premier Inn Blackpool (Bispham) Hotel
The Royal Boston Hotel
The Royal Boston Hotel
#12 of 69 in Blackpool

Been to The New Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!