“Very satisfdied”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On the 30/11/13 my wife and I had lunch in the Victoria bar.Some what apprehensive as the last time
it was rubbish.,I had my usual fish and chips and my wife had jacket potatoe and tuna filling .
The Fish was superb with crispy batter and the chips were home cooked (not the frozen import type ).My wifes meal was also superb .
The meal was well served by pleasant staff and very enjoyable.
We will continue to have lunch here on our regular visits to Fleetwood.
Keep up the good work.
Cronkey

2  Thank cronkey

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I walked Five miles from Cleveleys to Fleetwood and we were naturally hungry and thirsty at the end of the walk. We needed somewhere to eat and saw the Euston Hotel. It is built on a corner and is curved and does not look much from the outside. It has single glazed windows and the paint was peeling. I did not know what to expect as we are experienced restaurant eaters and eat out at least twice a week. I wasn't actually expecting much but we were hungry. What a surprise we had. The hotel is admittedly old fashioned with creamy coloured moulded plastic wash hand basins in the women's lavatory accompanied by a maroon carpet which has flowers all over it and a violently patterned wall covering. However we sat in very comfy chairs in the restaurant and had one of the most delicious Sunday roast dinners we have ever had. The staff were very pleasant and only forgot to bring us napkins, otherwise they were very well trained. The service was like greased lightening and everything was home made. We both thought the food was amazing and although parts of the hotel are in need of a makeover the food is worth going for. Lovely ambiance. Oh yes it was clean which is always a bonus.

2  Thank NANCY_DAVIES
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been staying at the North Euston with my work over the past few weeks and have enjoyed eating dinner in The Bay most evenings. The varied and interesting menu has been a delight - chef has created some really original concepts. The dining room staff are always attentive and I never feel rushed - Cath and Phillipe especially are both helpful and friendly; always obliging with any particular request.

I can recommend The Bay for a relaxed and interesting dinner in the quaintly charming and historic hotel - ask for a table by a window for stunning views over Morecambe Bay as the sun goes down!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had the steak & it was absolutely fantastic & really reasonably priced. It has a lovely atmosphere, & the staff are very helpful & friendly

1  Thank TAZOD
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We thought we'd take my mum for afternoon tea at the North Euston for her 87th birthday treat as her appetite isn't what it was. It was a Sunday late afternoon booking and it was fairly busy. There were 4 waiters/waitresses in all (one of which was a very rude older man), the rest were very friendly. There were 5 of us and we all ordered an afternoon tea. After quite a long wait (which we didn't mind as we were chatting etc) our order came. We got a cake-stand each so struggled for the room to put them down and when the teapots came (and milk jugs and cups and saucers) there was absolutely no room and we had to put some on the table next to us. After overcoming this, we settled down to enjoy our tea. Unfortunately this didn't happen. The sandwiches were passable - very dainty little squares with no crusts - ham, and cheese (and salmon/cucumber and ham/chutney on the more expensive 'indulgent' one). Then we had the quite large scone with a pot of cream and little jar of jam which obviously had not been made that day as it was as dry as a bone and took nearly the whole of the pot of tea to get it down. Then the last layer of the cake stand contained a massive slab of Victoria sponge which an Irish Navvy would have struggled with! All in all it was a washout but could so easily have been the opposite. Someone with a bit of common sense could turn this round. Definitely not recommended.

3  Thank Elizabeth S