“Lovely venue and hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Bolton UK
“Lovely venue and hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were here for a friend's wedding - the whole experience was excellent, the setting, the facilities, the food and the superb service. All staff without exception were attentive, polite, nothing was too much trouble for them. It was a very hot weekend so the only down side, was that the rooms were very warm, windows could only open so far (which was for obvious safety reasons) and the bedding was heavy....other than that the executive room was very comfortable. There were a few slight décor issues but they didn't affect the overall experience. Breakfast was good and again all the staff were attentive, very patient and friendly. Weddings are always an uplifting occasion but the staff at Farington Lodge definitely added to the superb day. Thank you.

Room Tip: There is no lift at the hotel so if you have mobility problems/difficulty ask for a ground floor roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay when you attended a wedidng at the hotel recently and hope you have menay happy memories of the day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I booked in at this hotel on our way down to Devon, and liked it so much that we broke our journey at Farington on the way back. I found myself wondering if this was the same Farington Lodge which the griping reviewers stayed at. The public rooms are beautiful, in good decorative order, and the staff were courteous, pleasant and helpful. Our rooms (4 & 23), executive doubles, were spacious, immaculate with deep pile carpets, comfortable bed, TV which I could work (unusual), and readily understandable controls (even more unusual for me) in the lovely bathroom, which had both bath and shower. Plenty of storage space, also becoming unusual with the modern fad for "boutique" (silly term) hotels. The hotel is a magnificent house set in lovely grounds.

Breakfasts were faultless, and we had dinner in the dining room on both nights. I could not fault the cuisine, and the wine list, though not exhaustive, was adequate and very fairly priced.

At a b&b executive room rate of £105, and the reasonable dining and drinking prices for this standard, this hotel represents excellent value for money.

We are not easily pleased, but this hotel was, for us, perfect.

David Hollingdale
Edinburgh

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stays at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you both back again to Farington Lodge hotel in the future.
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

For my mum's 50th earlier this year she received a voucher for afternoon tea for 2 at Farington lodge. Having never had afternoon tea before she was extremely excited about the trip and at the weekend we went and found the experience much to my, and especially my mum's disappointment.

Upon arrival, we were given the choice to be seated outside in the sunshine which was lovely as the weather was great. We were simply asked before even being seated if we wanted 'tea or coffee' which I found rather vague as during previous afternoon tea visits to other locations, I had always been offered a list of numerous teas and coffees to choose from. Shortly after receiving a pot of tea, the waitress brought out a tray of finger sandwiches in three varieties, all vegetarian as my mum is: grated cheese, grated cheese and tomato and egg mayonnaise. We both found the sandwiches to be bland in taste, and you could guess that they had been made well in advance as the bread was slightly hard on the top.

We also had two small scones each with clotted cream and jam; these were not the best scones I've ever tasted, especially in comparison to other afternoon teas I've had, however they were tasty and the best part of the tea. The most disappointing part of the tea for us was the cakes; on the voucher it stated you received a selection of cakes, when in reality we got a simple madeira sponge cake, one plain and one with fruit in it.. hardly much variety there.

The service was nowhere to be seen once we had been served; no one came to ask us how our food was, or said goodbye when we left, and I feel that maybe as we had a voucher and technically weren't paying customers, we were kind of disregarded. The only thing that stopped us complaining was the fact that we weren't paying customers. It is such a shame as there is so much potential; it is a beautiful place and we were bitterly disappointed in the visit, as we hoped that we could have added Farington lodge to our places to regularly visit.for lunch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brionyk93
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments, please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused, it was clearly not our normal high standard. Please do contact me directly and I should be pleased to discuss it further with you directly.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel is beautiful staff are amazing food is out of this world. I came here on a long service award from work and my partner picked it . There was a wedding on which looked fantastic . We have felt like lord and lady of the manor.
It's been so nice to relax in such beautiful surroundings and I know I am writing this before we leave but I would certainly recommend here if you want a break that is that little bit special . Peace tranquility and quality I couldn't ask for anything more .

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank pavlossmith
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back agin in the future.
Whalley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Yesterday we had afternoon tea at the Farington Lodge Hotel to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. We had a wonderful time, thanks to the management and staff. My thanks to Sally who helped me to plan the event in advance. She was extremely efficient, and at all times helpful and polite. We received a warm welcome from the staff on our arrival and, again, they were at all times helpful and exceptionally polite. The food was absolutely delicious and we had an amazing, relaxing time, in beautiful surroundings - in the Windsor room. The hotel was spotless throughout - including the toilets! And the afternoon tea was fantastic value for money. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel. Thank you again to all the staff for a wonderful day and for making it a very special memory for us all to look back on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely meal in the garden room.
There was a wedding party on so we were slightly disappointed as whilst waiting in the hotel bar all the guests came through and were quite rowdy. When we were took into the garden room there was only my husband and I in there but it was lovely, until guests started yelling at other bottom of the stairs.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was of a very high standard.
We bought drinks which weren't part of the gift experience and paid for them and gave a tip, but we felt slightly embarrassed as the virgin gift pack states the service charge is included with the 3 course meal, but the voucher didn't, the waiter didn't know this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debboop
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and please accept my apologies when you were enjoying your meal for two, if some of the wedding guests in their excitement were a little noisy when passing the restaurant. As regards service charge, Farington Lodge does not include service charge in any of our charges, this is left entirely to the guests discretion. I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farington Lodge again in the future.
Swaffham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Attended my cousins wedding at Farington Lodge, lovely old property in attractive grounds. The staff were polite and helpful, the food was exceptional (cooking on mass is always a tricky one) and the whole wedding experience was made very special.
Only gripe was the lack of hot water during the afternoon and following morning. We both had to have cold showers!
Other than that, I can honestly say I don't think I've been to a better venue for a wedding.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be of good quality, very clean and well equipped. More than the usual 2 sachet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your cousins wedding at the hotel. Apologies about the hot water, this issue has now been resolved. Hope to welcome you back again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Wellington Park
Wellington Park
#2 of 2 in Leyland
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Bartle Hall Country Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Preston South

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!