“Wedding event venue”

Farington Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Here for a wedding. Location is close to motorway and train station. Set in fabulous grounds. Food was of a high standard - much improved from my last few visits in 2010 and 2011. Tasty soup, lovely beef and nice desert. Ceremony and ushers did the bride proud. Very well organised. Bar staff worked quickly, did not have to wait to be served. Pricey drinks however. Evenings events were as well catered and the staff did the bride proud. All worked like clockwork.

Our room was very clean, large bathroom - comfy bed etc. Could not fault it at all. Very much 4star standard. We had an issue with the electrics and somebody came to fix it within 10 minutes. B/fast was very warm and very tasty - large basket of toast and fresh juices whilst looking out over a nice green field. Very relaxing end to a perfect event / stay. Thank you Farington Lodge from the brides best friend. Could not fault you or the event in any way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments, I am delighted you enjoyed the day and found everything pleasing and to your satisfaction. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Farington Lodge Hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Farington Lodge Hotel

Reviewed September 11, 2012

went to a wedding there on 1st sept 2012. very well organised. the meal i would say was average. but well presented. after the meal they closed the lounge bar. and opened one in the reception room . however a lot of guests complained about the difference in the quality of the beers and ciders. several returned theirs. the room was quite comfortable and quiet. the staff very helpful . noevelty buffet for the evening sausage bacon and chips barms . quite good i thought. even though i was staying at the hotel i was refused drinks in the residents bar because i wanted to pay cash .

Room Tip: go for a rear facing upstairs room. no traffic noise. beware creaky floorboards.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We offer our wedding guests, the Balmoral bar in the afternoon on arrival and the Jubilee bar, adjacent to the Jubilee Suite, exclusively for the evening reception. The beverages we offer are the same throughout the hotel, I apologise for any dis-satisfaction with the beverages at that time. After 1am, we are able to serve residents only, drinks from the bar, hence the reason for drinks to be charged to their room account. Thank you for your positive comments as to the organisation of the event and buffet.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm glad I didn't read the review of the afternoon tea on here before I went as it might have put me off. But somebody from Farington Lodge must have read it and taken note because we found the service to be absolutely excellent. The staff could not have been more attentive and friendly and the afternoon tea was delicious. We had our afternoon tea out on the patio and the view across the garden was very nice. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

I am delighted you enjoyed afternoon tea at Farington Lodge Hotel, thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had very poor experience back in March for Mother's Day afternoon tea. After leaving feedback on their form the manager offered a complimentary afternoon tea. Decided to return about 3 weeks ago. Very quiet in the hotel. Reception this time was good. Taken to a dining room which was very quiet and very cold. Staff knew we were there for afternoon tea. Very efficiently took our orders straightaway for drinks. Drinks arrived promptly. Unfortunately no milk accompanied the hot drinks. After approx 5 mins wait I went to look for a waiter - no one around, not even on reception. It took another 5 mins for someone to appear and then another for them to supply the milk! By this point my mother's coffee had gone cold! The sandwiches etc took a long time to arrive and again only one plate was provided. Surely they realise that most people would prefer to eat their cake off a plate not tainted by smoked salmon? Small things, but important details. No cake forks - surely this is a standard requirement for 'afternoon tea'? Very disappointed with what appeared to be their best effort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments, I sincerely apologise for any disappointment caused on your return visit. I will investigate your comments further.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

On arrival was impressed with the out presentation of hotel, nice grounds and well maintained. Reception staff were very polite and attentive. First impressions of the interior were impressive. We were allocated a room in the Georgian part of the Hotel. The rooms looked nice until closer inspection, we found that under the bed had not been cleaned with lots of dust and even biscuits left by previous visitors, dust was quite bad with a significat build up around the skirting boards where a hover could not reach and a attachment should of been used. I visited another room in the newer part of hotel and found them more modern and of a better standard. The buffet provided during the wedding reception was fantstic and the best I have seen, I DJ and see a lot of buffets, this was the best ever. The breakfast was also very good with a full english. My biggest disapointment came in the evening, we were part of a wedding party and went to use the residents bar after the main wedding had finished. I like to pay cash and had paid cash for my room up front, I was refused a drink as they would not accept cash in the residence bar. A number of people in our party had the same problem. I was told by the barr staff who huffed and puffed that I would have to give them my bank card details and they would set up a tab. I felt this was a disgrace and made guests feel uncomfortable. I dont like giving out details of cards and anything could but put on that bill particularly with drinks involved and low confidence in unhelpful bar staff. A large party of 20 decided to boycott the bar and go to our rooms (large loss of revenue for the hotel). With the cleanliness of room and the rude bar staff in the residents bar this left a very nasty taste to what would have been a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I apologise if our normally high standard of housekeeping was below standard on this occasion and your comments regarding payment of bar drinks in the early hours will be given serious consideration. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the buffet, great to hear. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future where we can deliver our normal high standard of service and customer care.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

i have recently reviewed Farington Lodge Hotel afternoon tea experience and stated it was not good. as a result we were invited back for a complementry afternoon tea which we had on Saturday.
The difference was amazing. The staff were attentive and the food was lovely.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your return visit to Farington Lodge Hotel. Thank you for returning to the hotel and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We visited the Farington Lodge Hotel on Thursday 28th June 2012 (14:30) for our son's wedding. We also booked to stay overnight. The Wedding venue was set out wonderfully just as my daughter-in-law wished it to be. The food was excellent from the main meal to the evening buffett - the day went smoothly from begining to end with none of that hanging around feeling. The bedrooms were so comfortable and the cleanliness for the whole hotel was second to none. All made for a really special day just how weddings should be. The next day all the wedding guests who stayed over had the most sumptious breakfast. Thanks to all at the Farrington Lodge Hotel for their excellent service. Well done everyone....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann M
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

I am delighted you all had a wonderful day and everything was just as you wished it, I hope you have many happy memories of the day and thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Wellington Park
Wellington Park
#2 of 2 in Leyland
Stanley House Hotel & Spa

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!