“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farington
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm glad I didn't read the review of the afternoon tea on here before I went as it might have put me off. But somebody from Farington Lodge must have read it and taken note because we found the service to be absolutely excellent. The staff could not have been more attentive and friendly and the afternoon tea was delicious. We had our afternoon tea out on the patio and the view across the garden was very nice. Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am delighted you enjoyed afternoon tea at Farington Lodge Hotel, thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
bolton
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had very poor experience back in March for Mother's Day afternoon tea. After leaving feedback on their form the manager offered a complimentary afternoon tea. Decided to return about 3 weeks ago. Very quiet in the hotel. Reception this time was good. Taken to a dining room which was very quiet and very cold. Staff knew we were there for afternoon tea. Very efficiently took our orders straightaway for drinks. Drinks arrived promptly. Unfortunately no milk accompanied the hot drinks. After approx 5 mins wait I went to look for a waiter - no one around, not even on reception. It took another 5 mins for someone to appear and then another for them to supply the milk! By this point my mother's coffee had gone cold! The sandwiches etc took a long time to arrive and again only one plate was provided. Surely they realise that most people would prefer to eat their cake off a plate not tainted by smoked salmon? Small things, but important details. No cake forks - surely this is a standard requirement for 'afternoon tea'? Very disappointed with what appeared to be their best effort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, I sincerely apologise for any disappointment caused on your return visit. I will investigate your comments further.
Saint Helens, Lancashire
Reviewed August 14, 2012

On arrival was impressed with the out presentation of hotel, nice grounds and well maintained. Reception staff were very polite and attentive. First impressions of the interior were impressive. We were allocated a room in the Georgian part of the Hotel. The rooms looked nice until closer inspection, we found that under the bed had not been cleaned with lots of dust and even biscuits left by previous visitors, dust was quite bad with a significat build up around the skirting boards where a hover could not reach and a attachment should of been used. I visited another room in the newer part of hotel and found them more modern and of a better standard. The buffet provided during the wedding reception was fantstic and the best I have seen, I DJ and see a lot of buffets, this was the best ever. The breakfast was also very good with a full english. My biggest disapointment came in the evening, we were part of a wedding party and went to use the residents bar after the main wedding had finished. I like to pay cash and had paid cash for my room up front, I was refused a drink as they would not accept cash in the residence bar. A number of people in our party had the same problem. I was told by the barr staff who huffed and puffed that I would have to give them my bank card details and they would set up a tab. I felt this was a disgrace and made guests feel uncomfortable. I dont like giving out details of cards and anything could but put on that bill particularly with drinks involved and low confidence in unhelpful bar staff. A large party of 20 decided to boycott the bar and go to our rooms (large loss of revenue for the hotel). With the cleanliness of room and the rude bar staff in the residents bar this left a very nasty taste to what would have been a good stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write on Trip Advisor. I apologise if our normally high standard of housekeeping was below standard on this occasion and your comments regarding payment of bar drinks in the early hours will be given serious consideration. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the buffet, great to hear. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future where we can deliver our normal high standard of service and customer care.
united Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2012

i have recently reviewed Farington Lodge Hotel afternoon tea experience and stated it was not good. as a result we were invited back for a complementry afternoon tea which we had on Saturday.
The difference was amazing. The staff were attentive and the food was lovely.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your return visit to Farington Lodge Hotel. Thank you for returning to the hotel and for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We visited the Farington Lodge Hotel on Thursday 28th June 2012 (14:30) for our son's wedding. We also booked to stay overnight. The Wedding venue was set out wonderfully just as my daughter-in-law wished it to be. The food was excellent from the main meal to the evening buffett - the day went smoothly from begining to end with none of that hanging around feeling. The bedrooms were so comfortable and the cleanliness for the whole hotel was second to none. All made for a really special day just how weddings should be. The next day all the wedding guests who stayed over had the most sumptious breakfast. Thanks to all at the Farrington Lodge Hotel for their excellent service. Well done everyone....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann M
, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
I am delighted you all had a wonderful day and everything was just as you wished it, I hope you have many happy memories of the day and thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.
nottingham
Reviewed June 12, 2012

we stayed here 1 night for my birthday,jubilee afternoon tea,dinner bed and breakfast,the afternoon tea was superb,plenty for 2 people,we couldn't eat it all.the evening meal was just the same,you couldn't fault it and breakfast next morning was the same,the room was spacious and very clean,we had no problems with it,if we stay again we will ask for a room in the older part of the lodge as we like a bit of character,but thats just our personal choice,and in no way reflects on the room we had

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found everything to your satisfaction. Thankyou for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Farington Lodge Hotel again in the future.
Wooler, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We attended a wedding reception and stayed the night.

The sun was shining and I had my new shoes on so I was in a good mood anyway.
The venue was beautiful with the gardens, the garden terrace and the delightful bar area.
The photos I'm sure will be spectacular.
The wedding breakfast was nice and I hardly even noticed the staff whipping the plates and such out. Although I was not given any champagne for a toast and I was too embarrassed to ask in case they thought I had just drunk it already. Haha.
The clean up was quick and efficient with plenty of space to wait in between. The kids all played out on the lawn.
The next morning we had breakfast all together. The food was lush and the tables so pretty. Really a great end to a fantastic stay.

I stayed in room 119 with my husband and 2 year old. It was lovely and spacious. Well decorated, clean and with all the utilities I needed. The bed was way more comfy than mine at home. Excellent.
I met a family of 4 across the way (mum, dad, 8 year old and new born). To get to our rooms we had to walk upstairs, through a door, along a corridor, through another door, down some stairs, along a corridor and finally up a step! Now I don't know if there was a reason for putting us there. Away from the noise of the reception or to keep the screaming kids away from everyone else. All I know is that at 10pm when my husband was indisposed I had to walk (then carry) my tired child all this way whilst carrying a glass of milk. Not easy. At checkout the next day I saw the other mother trying to push the baby in the pram out. Maybe this needs to be readdressed. Could do with a lift.
I will add though this absolutely did not ruin our stay! I would come again even if I had the same room :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Faringtonlodgehotel, General Manager at Farington Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, apologies about the glass of champagne, but I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Farington Lodge Hotel. With the extension, 18 bedrooms have been added to the original now grade two listed Georgian House, which has a lovely grand staircase and landing, superb for wedding pictures, however I am grateful for your comments, which I have given some thought to see how we may make improvements. I look forward to welcoming you back again to Farington Lodge soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farington
Hallmark Hotel Preston Leyland
Preston Marriott Hotel
Preston Marriott Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Farington Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!