“Good chinese food”

Ranked #15 of 82 Restaurants in Darwen
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a comfortable 20 table layout, wheelchair friendly and more than welcome children of all ages. A fully licenced bar from Pinot Grigio all the way to the exclusive Dom Perignon Champagne!
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went on the music night this time and enjoyed the efforts of the pianist. The food, as usual was excellent chinese fare.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visited the restaurant just before Christmas and must admit the food never falls below excellent. I wouldn’t say we’re regulars, probably eat here 4/5 times a year and always come away happy.

One thing I would ask is:

Do the waitresses and waiters get the tips we leave?

I was concerned recently to hear they do not which doesn't sit well with me, I would be interested for the management to confirm this point if at all possible.

1  Thank Bucg10
Reviewed November 21, 2013

we have heard a lot about this restaurant and decided to give it a go .
the place is rather small and tired looking . the food was quite good but we found the duck on the burnt side and the main courses rather dear . there was 4 of us and the bill came to well over 125 pound . we wont be going back in a hurry

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a party of four we arrived on a Saturday evening.

The place was pretty full.. We were booked for 7.30pm and landed around that time.. Our table was ready..

Please believe me.. I have eaten in plenty of Chinese restaurants.. Liverpool China Town included.... The Ocean Palace's food was excellent!

We ordered a banquet for four and none of us were disappointed. Every course was amazing. So fresh, tasteful... Just perfect.

I have to admit, the starters were even great! No like to usual starters you get... Same old same old..

Treat yourself and try the place!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ordered salt and pepper ribs, it was sat on a bed of lettuce which had a worm on it! Showed the chinese waiter he just said "sorry". No complimentary drink, no refund offered, nothing. Young English waiter had scabby bleeding hands serving food! On top of that fillet steak Cantonese style was sloppy and pink inside, really undercooked. A recipe for a bad stomach here people. Beware!!! Will not be going again. Terrible.

2  Thank Joanbrewer