“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Palace

Ocean Palace
Ranked #18 of 76 Restaurants in Darwen
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have a comfortable 20 table layout, wheelchair friendly and more than welcome children of all ages. A fully licenced bar from Pinot Grigio all the way to the exclusive Dom Perignon Champagne!
Lancashire
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We truly love this place and I visit often with my partner. It is far superior to any other Cantonese restaurant for miles around and offers a lovely dining experience. I often find style and ambience lacking in some Chinese/Cantonese restaurants but not here. I confess that prices here are above the local average but only marginally, and his reflects the additional service, food quality and environment. The restaurant is situated in a rural but accessible location at Bull Hill, just outside Darwen and there is ample parking. Taxis round here are incredibly cheap if you prefer to leave the car in town or at home.

The management of this place is friendly and incredibly efficient. The management clearly know how to 'manage' their staff to achieve optimum service for their customers. You are treated as a friend rather than a number and staff here really do earn their wage.

The menu offers all the expected options, but with some additional treats. Whenever I go, I always fancy the lobster but you have to order 24 hours in advance. I must remember to do this one time.

All in all a fantastic restaurant and a real treat whenever we go.

• Visited March 2013

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Not fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We dine here quite regularly because it is local and we do not need to drive. A few things disappoint us but we put up with them; 1. Hovering near your table ready to whip away your plate the moment the last grain of rice meets your mouth so they can get you out and get more bums in your seat. 2. Quite expensive even for a takeaway meal.
What has really put us off going again is that on our last visit we were waited on by a lovely young lady who was so attentive and sociable she really enhanced the night and my wife gave her a generous cash tip in her hand. When we mentioned her name at a family meal someone said that they knew her and that it was the policy of the Restaurant that trainee staff did not get a share of the tips and, if asked, they were to lie and say that they did!!!! I have no reason to doubt this person and think this is very unfair. We gave our hard earned money to this girl because SHE made the evening better than it would have been and for her not to receive it is criminal, therefore we will not be going again. Perhaps former staff on tripadvisor could corroborate this?

• Visited January 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Work party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 18 coincidentally on a night out that was also valentines weekend. We had a lovely meal, not rushed at all, yet all staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble, and the food itself was lovely. We really enjoyed our evening and would definitely return.

Lancashire
“Best Chinese restaurant I've been too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

All too often Chinese restaurant are old fashioned in décor and lacking in atmosphere. Not the Ocean Palace. We love coming here. An elegant restaurant with pleasant service and great food. Excellent.

Visited February 2013
“I agree, overpriced take away. My Cantonese take away is better though.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Not been for years as previously not overly impressed. Sad to say, wish we had stayed at home and paid a third of the price from our local take away instead. Even when on seeing the main courses had hardly been touched, my hubby told the manageress that we had not enjoyed the food, she simply asked us if we wanted to take it home!! Declined the offer and won't be going back. Waiters and waitresses were very friendly.