Premier Inn Blackburn South (M65, J4) Hotel
$101
$98
$81
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel(Darwen)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
$75
$73
$99
Hotels.com
All reviewsbrewers fayrethe pubrestaurant next doormeal dealattached restaurantbudget hotelall you can eatewood parkroad noiseplay areanight's sleepgood nights sleepsingle bedreception staffcomfortable bedcooked breakfasteasy access
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was checked in by a young lady who was "in training" and if it wasn't for her badge I would never have known she was being trained. The welcome from both her and lady training her was absolutely bang on. They covered all the "standard Premier Inn greeting" stuff but with a personable, polite and warm attitude.

Room as always was of a great standard and was spotless. I enjoyed a great nights sleep as is usually the case with Premier Inn.

The restaurant on the other hand (Brewers Fayre) let the site down. On entering I was ignored and kept waiting for a good ten minutes (it wasn't busy at all) and after eating my starter I waiting another half hour for my next course - it should have been my main but they actually served me my desert just before my main. They took the desert away and brought it back later but I get the impression that this restaurant is not that organised and customer service is not high on their priority list.I was kept waiting just as long at breakfast!

I would have given this Premier Inn an excellent rating (based on the Premier Inn side) but sadly I can't because of the let down by Brewers Fayre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PrestonSmurf
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We are staying here frequently in the last 2 or 3 months and as always with Premier Inns, we are met with extremely helpful and friendly staff. We always ask for a top floor room and so far, touch wood, we have had a lovely quiet night. The rooms are clean and spacious and the bathrooms have bath and shower. The beds are really comfortable.
The only negative comment I have, which I have also passed on to the staff, is that some of the rooms do not have a safety grab bar on the wall by the shower.
We have not had breakfast in the Brewers' Fayre, so cannot comment on that, but twice I have had the slow cooked lamb and it is delicious. We found the waiting on staff perfectly attentive and my request for extra gravy was complied with immediately. Last time, we went for the early bird offer of 2 meals for £10 + 2 puddings for £2. For that money you cannot expect Ritz food, but the sausage and mash was perfectly acceptable, I had the Apple Betty for pud and really if they are going to microwave food, they shouldn't serve puds that have pastry, as microwaving just destroys pastry. While we wouldn't go to this restaurant for a special meal, we have found it perfectly acceptable when just needing a meal during a journey.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms mean you don't get elephant feet above you in the middle of the night!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in Darwen Friday and Saturday in September. The location was perfect.
The first night we stayed, we had a poor nights sleep due to the room being very warm. In the morning I mentioned this to Sue at reception
With no hesitation I was offered a full refund and a change of room. I was amazed that the good sleep promise was honoured. Well done and thank you Premier Inn.
The second night we had a great nights sleep.
Once again the hotel chain has starred again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BarryDarwen
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel & Staff are very friendly.

My only concerns is the Meal Deal when booking on Premier Inn website is false & misleading, you pay 22.95 and they show you the full menu, so you think great book it.

But when you get there, you get a cut down high intensity greasy menu full of high calories. Its better if you just pay for breakfast, and order your meals seperately.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed in the Premier Inn Darwen on many occasions over the last couple of years as part of a large group. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The beds are really comfy and I always get a good night sleep. The only downside to this hotel is the adjoining restaurant - Brewers Fayre. On every occasion that we have always had difficulty with the staff in this establishment....i.e, not being served at the bar because its 10 mins till closing, telling us breakfast is served to 11:30am when it actually closes at 11am. Our entire group have been met by rude and ignorant staff and because of this reason we won't be back at the Premier Inn Darwen. I think the staff at Brewers Fayre need to go on consumer relations training. If they don't want to work there then they shouldn't be there and appreciate us for what we are....a customer and that without us they would have no job!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business