All reviews afternoon tea jacuzzi bath bridal suite from start to finish evening reception nothing too much trouble perfect venue his team lovely room course meal friendly hotel biscuits wedding venue daughters wedding evening buffet food was amazing staff were excellent
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We were attending a wedding reception in Darwen and decided to stay over at the Whitehall. It must be over 20 years since I have been in this hotel and what a change. The setting is still as beautiful as ever with a large car park. Inside is clean, tidy and sympathetically decorated. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was very clean and tidy. We would have preferred a shower too but only because we didn’t have time to use the jacuzzi bath as we had to head off early.
The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble, even when the bar was closed and I asked for a glass of wine. Whilst there’s no night porter the staff went out of their way to make sure they could sort a glass of wine for me.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Wicked on the mc. can rock the mic all day long. Karaoke in foot asylum she can rock it down all daylong. Never heard anyone cover mc Burberry better than her. She can out drink my dad and my dads Gazza. Cant say name cause this is my mush we r brothers but brings good attention to hotel positive vibes. Get the rave on

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2018

I have recently experienced a very disappointing wedding at the Whitehall Hotel, Darwen and feel that they just cannot cope with large numbers. They promise you everything, however, on the day they do not deliver.
The meal was 40 minutes late. The starter was awful and miniscule - nothing like the one sampled. Staff were not organised; guests had to wait for cups and milk to have their coffee and also wait for plates and cutlery at the evening buffet. They even managed to lose a gift.
The bridal suite was unavailable. According to the General Manager "it had been trashed by the previous bridal party"!!
The space available and breakfast the following morning were fine but I still deeply regret having booked this venue.
Would definitely not recommend this place for a large wedding.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank juliaP9852UO
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Went to book our wedding and was made to feel so welcome. Lovely friendly people and a beautiful place. From when we arrived on the 22nd August 2018, we were made to feel like no problem was too big. All dresses and anything of importance was taken straight up to the bridal suite, taking that pressure off us. The morning of my wedding we had the most amazing breakfast which was served by Neil the manager, this was a lovely personal touch. Special thank you to Anita who in the midst of my meltdown before walking down the aisle, took me to one side and said some beautiful words which put me at ease and then demanded that the registrar gave me five minutes to have a fag and calm down. Thank you also for making my dress look amazing at the back at all times. Neil saved the day a few times with emergency cigarettes when they were much needed. Massive shout out to the chef/s as the food was spot on and every single guest commented on how good the beef was, even the kids enjoyed it. Very good turnaround of the room after setting up for the evening after the food, as there had been delay beforehand. Our wedding was magical from start to finish. Everybody left with a smile. We hope you enjoyed us having it at your hotel as much as we enjoyed the privilege of being married there. Everything was perfect, thank you for an experience none of us will ever forget.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed last night and the receptionists were fantastic. Welcoming, friendly and professional. The breakfast waitress was lovely too and breakfast service was quick with loads to choose from!

If I had to give one criticism it would be the bath wasn't very clean and there were a few areas in the room that were very dusty. When I had a bath this morning there was muck that had come from the plug and floated in the water. One light bulb didn't work and the mattress maybe wasn't the best quality. That being said we only stayed one night so we didn't mind.

Overall we will be returning because the staff are so lovely. It's hard to stay somewhere where the staff are so genuine and don't make you feel uncomfortable!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple