“Amazing hotel and restaurant”
Review of Whitehall Hotel

Whitehall Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Darwen
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel that I would highly recommend to anyone. I was lucky enough to have had my wedding at this venue (please see separate review) and so my partner and I returned for another stay at this hotel. The hotel was just as great as I remembered it. Plus they are currently in the process of renovating some of their rooms which can only make them better. Our spacious room had a four poster bed and a lovely big bath which really enhanced our stay. When you are not in the room the communal areas are just as nice. There is a nice lounge area where we were able to relax before heading out to the wintery weather outside.
Also there is a really nice bar area where we were able to have some drinks before our evening meal in the hotel's restaurant, MJ’s.
The restaurant itself is worthy of a review all on its own. The food in this restaurant is the nicest I have ever tasted anywhere. Everything is cooked to perfection (as has been the case every time we have eaten at MJ’s) and a nice touch is that the restaurant is designed in such a way that you can watch the chefs cook your food. Even if you never stay at the hotel I would suggest you give the restaurant a try if you are in the area, as if you don’t you are truly missing out.
Amazingly even though I have praised the hotel very highly already I have saved my highest praise for perhaps the most important aspect of any hotel and that is the staff. Every member of staff I have ever come into contact with at this hotel has been exceptional. You can tell that they take such pride in their reputation as a high quality family run hotel. From the warm welcome at reception from Louise to the chat I had at the bar with the staff, whilst waiting for my wife, everything was great.
Looking forward to staying at the hotel again and will certainly head back to MJs again soon.

1  Thank regiboy

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend a wedding. Hotel was charming and well presented. The room we had was large and well equipped. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Both the room and bathroom were clean. The only minor negatives were that a few things looked a bit out dated and could do with a lick of paint. Breakfast was lovely. All staff were very pleassant and helpful. Very good value for money, would recommend for others looking for a hotel in the Darwen area.

2  Thank Sarah_A_24
Reviewed February 25, 2012

A fantastic hotel with good rooms. The modern restaurant is a contrast to the old hotel building and serves wonderful food. The staff were very helpful and welcoming throughout my stay.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank dorset-harvest
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed at the Whtehall hotel for the Valentines weekend and we were amazed by the standard of accommodation, service and quality of the food. Our room was light, airy and spacious and not only did we have a a large bathroom but there was a very powerful separate shower too! We dined in MJ's restaurant and the standard of food was that of any Michelin star rated restaurant anywere! We were also very impressed by the friendly, approachable and attentive staff. This is a family run business that shines through with a hotel that ticks all the boxes. I would not hesitate in reccommending this hotel to anyone and although slightly set back in the Whitehall area of Darwen it is a little "gem" that is hidden away and a must that you seek it out and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointement as they do seem to get busy
3  Thank Tracey R
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went for a valentines celebration: meal entertainment and overnight stay. We got married here in 2006 and return at every opportunity. The food was fabulous - great taste, beautifully presented - I've not been anywhere in the area where food looks and tastes this good! The entertainment was great and we stayed in the bridal suite which was a lovely end to the evening. Newly decorated and refurbished it was perfect - we really could not fault it. If you've never been you should go its really lovely and the staff are so friendly!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Richardjones255
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed fot just one night on a Living Social Deal and was very pleasantly surprised. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff (they had already agreed to accomodate us after the deal had expired ). Hotel is a beautiful find hidden away in a lovely location, a nice mix of old and modrn styles, our room had a 4 poster bed and jacuzzi and was spacious and spotless, bed very comfy. The food was excellent both at dinner and breakfast but it was the service of the restaurant staff that topped it all, never before have I been asked if I wanted my butter melted a bit so it was easier to spread on my pastries--Fantastic !!! Will def be returning .

2  Thank jbs1202
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed for one night on a Living Social deal, and were surprised to be given a big room with a four poster bed and jacuzzi bath. We were only there for one night, but there was a lot of storage space for clothes, toiletries etc.and the room was spotless. We had a few drinks in the bar in the early evening, served by friendly staff. We had a special offer of 2 courses and a glass of wine - food was amazing and so nice we paid for a pudding - all served by very friendly and helpful staff. They gave advice on local places to visit and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. We would love to return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 653ChrisPeter653
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darwen
Astley Bank Hotel
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Bromley Cross
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel

Been to Whitehall Hotel? Share your experiences!