“Poor tapas place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tapizza
Cuisines: Spanish
Description: A new restaurant specialising in Tapas and Pizzas - very good on a first visis recently
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The food was not very good, and was nt hot. Be careful when you get your bill as they tried to charge for things we did nt have

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have had better, the choice of tapas are limited and I think we had pretty much one of everything but its not Expensive. The tables were so sticky that my arms were sticking to them we moved tables as the waitress said it was the sun on the varnish!!! But the table in the shade was still sticky. Having said that we have been back but it's always closed.. I might need to check the website for opening times but I like to drive to somewhere and eat if I fancy that Style of food.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I visited with my mum and sister for a mid-week treat. The restaurant is nicely decorated, but lacks warmth. The lighting is WAY TOO BRIGHT! adding a dimmer and lessening the light would instantly create a better ambiance. The waitress was young and not brilliant, but she was pleasant and did her best. There is a good choice of meat and vegi dishes and i was impressed to see how young the chefs were - very talented. Overall - would recommend, but hope they read this and lower the lighting level as that is a real bug-bear of mine!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

What started off as a promising evening with nice surroundings was ruined by poor service and staff with a couldn't care less attitude.
The price of £8.95 for 6 dishes is reasonable, however when one supposed chargrilled dish tastes of some sort of barbeque fluid, it tends not to be such a bargain.
Portion sizes were ample, but why you need such a big plate for a tiny tiramisu is beyond belief.
We ordered a liqueur coffee and a plain white coffee. The plain one arrived with the sweet, unfortunately it was black. When we asked for the other coffee and some milk, we were told " its on its way " 20 minutes later we were told " sorry but the machine for the liqueur coffee is broken " ! I'm sorry, but who uses a machine to make liqueur coffee ? Whatever happened to running the cream down the back of a spoon. After waiting so long, the plain coffee had gone cold and had to be replaced.
The manageress was less than helpful, the waitress equally hopeless. What a shame, between them they totally ruined the atmosphere. Perhaps a career change in to the Funeral business would be more appropriate for them.
Many thanks Tapizza for ruining our wedding anniversary meal, we will certainly not be returning.

1  Thank Alakar
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had a large party of 10 and had a really good meal, food was great and really varied. Service was attentive and speedy and for the bill to be less than £200 for the ten of us, and we drank a lot, geordies we do this- it represented great value for money.

I would definitely recommend this as it makes a really nice change from a chinese or a curry, my only criticism, we were sat a little near the front door, so it was a bit chilly when people came in and out. Please give it a go, however ask to sit in the back where it is warmer.