“Excellent curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Been to this restaurant twice now .Food is first class and the service was very good. The waiters made a fuss of my 2 year old grandson and nothing was to much trouble . We live about 8 miles away and will definitely be travelling to Darwen again to go to Reshis.

2  Thank Grahame P

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Best curry we have had in a long time....I'd even be as bold as to say EVER!!! On arrival we were welcomed with a pleasant smile from staff and seated in the lounge area for pre drinks. I'm pregnant so the most adventurous I got was lime and soda but my partner choose a melon ball cocktail off the extensive cocktail menu, his exact words were " it's like a boozy party in your mouth!" Busy for a Thursday night which is always a good sign :) seated quickly and left to peruse the menu. We opted for the honey glazed chicken honey bhuna madras ( we opted to make it a bit hotter with the madras and they were more than happy to Taylor it for us) after chicken pakoras. From the first mouthful it was absolutely brilliant!!! I would recommend visiting resh's to anyone who would listen! We usually go to the sharjan but that will defiantly be a thing of the past! Thanks for a lovely meal

2  Thank Abby H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Having looked at the reviews on trip advisor we decided to try Resh's. Whilst we had a pleasant experience it was not the WOW factor we expected.The setting was nice the staff were pleasant but not exceptional. Food was good but nothing better than others .Prices were higher than expected and above normal in comparison to other similar restaurants.It is not a place we would rush back to given that there is a plethora of Indian restaurants within reasonable distance. that we feel are better.

1  Thank capable2014
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went here Saturday night as a party of four taking our friends who had never been before. The food was excellent and the service attentive without being overbearing. This is our firm favourite when dining out in Darwen.

1  Thank ianandmax
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food here is without doubt the best Indian food on the planet. When Resh took over the reins of this wonderful restaurant from his father Sukhi he had very big 'boots to fill'. Sukhi's restaurant was frequented by discerning diners not just from the North west but from visiting business people or tourists to the Darwen area due to the far reaching reputation of the excellence of the truly authentic cuisine 'Sukhi's' became famous for. When Sukhi retired he handed down the restaurant to Resh who has risen to the challenge of maintaining the superb quality of the food and service, the ambience has been enhanced by a more modern décor and a plethora of cocktails can now be ordered pre-or during dinner. When I am in residence in the U.K. (Darwen) I eat here at least once and sometimes twice a week, whatever dish I have and my favourite is the mixed tikka garlic special, the ingredients are never totally masked by the strength of the spice's, the king prawns retain their taste and texture and are greatly enhanced by the herbs and consistency of the sauce. To express full detail of the dishes I have enjoyed would take a week to write so I will keep my revue to a minimum, but if you enjoy good quality Indian food then 'rush to Resh's' I promise you that you will taste the best.

2  Thank joethesinger